Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
2,511 results
All reviewsdome barforest pubfish lovea la carte restaurantsnick faldoturkeytai penbuffet restaurantwet roommain restaurantguest relationsbooking systemnext yearshaving foamsea viewentertainment teamfantastic hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just returned from a golfing week (party of 12) staying at the Cornelia Diamond.
It was mostly excellent but I have only given it a very good rating because of the following:
Housekeeping - hotel of this standard should have irons in the rooms, but none are provided.
Kitchen and Gourmet - "All inclusive" should mean ALL inclusive. There should not be charges for going into A'la Carte restaurants which were €10 - maybe additional costs for ordering certain more expensive foods i.e. lobster. Also as a group of 12 golfers we could not get booked into the restaurants a lot of the time as they were fully booked by the time we got back from the courses. The food quality in the Tai Pen restaurant (Chinese) was only average at best and the French restaurant just above average. The Mediterranean restaurant being the best. The Teppanyaki was an additional €20, 40 or 120 depending upon what is ordered.
Entertainment services - None of the water sport facilities at the beach were part of the "All inclusive" description to the hotel. Being charged €30 for an hour windsurfing is excessive and irritating. Having said that, all of the water sports in the hotel, especially for children, looked excellent.
Only "good" rating for the Cornelia golf club because the tees and greens were not in a very good condition. The hole placements on the greens were overplayed in the locations when we played. Golfers note - Our handicap range was 8-18. The higher handicaps thought this course was far too tough for them. It is fairly unforgiving if you miss the fairways.
All the other courses we played - National, Pasha, Carya and Sultan were excellent.

Room Tip: Book A'la Carte restaurants early Book as early as possible to get the best deals
2  Thank Neale H
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guests;

We as the Cornelia Hotels Golf Resort & Spa family would like to wish you a good day.

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments with regard to Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa.

We would like to share with you that our first priorty is to make no compromises in terms of our quality service understanding and therefore your reviews are valuable for us. They will be forwarded to the relevant departments to make the necessary corrections and improvements.

We will be happy to host you again in our facilities.

Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa Management

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were a golf party of 12 guys and have recently returned from the Cornelia Diamond Hotel complex in Turkey (24/5/13) and I can assure you we had a terrific time. The Diamond is huge but still retains all the personal touches that made our holiday. On arrival we were offered an upgrade from our standard hotel rooms to 3 three bed roomed poolside villa’s. It was just right for four guys, three big bedrooms, each with ensuite bath & shower room and own decking area with chairs and tables, three mini bars & lovely big lounge/ dining area with leather settees. There was another deck area to let you dive straight into the pool---- just perfect. The main swimming pool areas were huge and always plenty of sun beds.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful with lots of smiles and greetings. The food was excellent and plentiful in both the central buffet and the a la carte restaurants where the booking system create the only down side in the whole hotel. The booking system is too complex and needs changing!! The entire hotel and the surrounds were immaculate and nothing was left lying around, a member of staff pounced on any empty plates and litter immediately. The spa was excellent and I had a full body massage from a former weight lifter who made me feel a million dollars. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Diamond to my friends.
My only other complaint was the two hours I waited to get a safe fixed. We had been given a courtesy room for the twelve guys which was very good. I reported the safe at 1200 and after many phone calls a bell boy turned up to tell me the safe could not be fixed. I went to reception with a bag of passports etc and they looked after them till we left.
The Cornelia Diamond Hotel is a great hotel enjoyed by all our party and with the wonderful golf thrown in, I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: They are all good!!!!
1  Thank George B

First, we would like to thank you for your comments.

We would like to inform you that as Cornelia Hotels Golf & Spa that makes no compromises in terms of our quality service understanding, we are always grateful for your valuable comments.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just returned from a fabulous holiday at the Cornelia Diamond ... our second visit with some golfing girl friends. This hotel is really difficult to beat for the money, our rooms were outstanding and the food is excellent with alcoholic drinks included. Whilst the hotel is very large and also caters for big conferences, you don't feel crowded and we particularly enjoyed our own pool space. Definitely would have no hesitation in recommending it and you get a good deal on the Nick Faldo courses, although we thought The National and The Sultan's greens were in better condition this time.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 5312 this year and it was excellent, near everything but not noisy.
2  Thank Wisebird55

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Removed my previous review after being contacted by the hotel and here's the amended review. (note to the person who inboxed me and called me a liar and rumour spreader, this is my review and therefore my opinion and based on my experience and what I have been told by other guests.This is the ethos of Trip Advisor, if you don't like it, tough! and be under no illusion I have changed my review because of you!

Travelled early May (12 golfers) and this place is near as damn it perfect. Food / bars / entertainment all excellent.

Only gripe was that it wasn't that clear (my opinion and opinion of some other guests) what drinks were included in the all inclusive label. Admittedly a large number of the international drinks are included but not all, and definitely not all the bottled beer, for example, Corona in the Moulin Rose is chargeable at 4 euros a bottle. My group spoke to another group of golfers that had previously stayed in Jan/Feb and they had told us that when they were last here they did not get charged for Corona. Obviously you have to take their word for this but why would they say this if not true?

Anyway, since my original post the hotel have contacted me and sent me a 'Drinks price list' from the Moulin Rose. With this it is clear what drinks are chargable and therefore I don't have an issue with this. What I have explained to the hotel is that these price lists should be accessible, i.e one on each table and displayed at the bar, then there would be no confusion at all, which was my main point in the original review... OK maybe I should have read the small print closer but I have been all inclusive in Turkey on numerous occasions staying with a large Hotel chain and all inclusive means all inclusive.

Anyway, apart from the above (and now that I know) you can't fault this place... so much so that I will be looking at bringing the family back next year as my wife and son will love it.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

3  Thank MarkC2207
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Reviewed May 26, 2013

During our week stay my husband become increasingly ill with an injury he already had prior to coming on holiday. We enjoyed the week but i am sure it would have been more enjoyable if my husband had been healthier but the barman called Yakup in the Bohiem bar made the week enjoyable. He provided an excellent service of drinks making me and my husband smile through a week when my husband suffered considerable pain . Thank you

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Veges
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013