“Good Indian, So So Service”

Indian Hut Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 191 Restaurants in Olhao
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: we make fresh and real indian food.
Dartmouth, Canada
“Good Indian, So So Service”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

While spending a month in Olhao, we found this Indian restaurant during a walk around the lovely narrow cobbled "Shopping Streets" in the town. Normally when I'm in a country I try to eat the local food, but my sister convinced me to try Indian one evening. I am amazed at how these tiny little restaurants can have such diversified menus. The number of choices was amazing and when we went in we were the only patrons. Others arrived later, but how they can serve so many things is a mystery to me.

The food was good. I enjoy good Indian food and I feel this was authentic Indian. The curry was just right in spice, and they were able to do my meal with no milk without spoiling the affect.

The service however was not that good. It seemed that they just were not experienced or hadn't learned proper technique. For example we chose a wine, and it was brought and poured - no tasting or check by the person who ordered it. I might think I was just being a "Picky" North American, but I noticed that all other restaurants did it the expected way. As well, service was slow, and there was little follow-up (was it Ok? Did we need anything else? Etc.) Now it is a small spot, and with three tables he was busy (He wasn't alone and doing the cooking as well like another review suggests), but I still felt under-served.

If you have a hankering for 'Indian' while in Olhao, by all means give this place a chance; the food is good, but seriously, go have some of Olhao's amazing seafood.

• Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
“Great Indian food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

A very friendly visit to this popular restaurant on the Shopping Streets in Olhao. The food was plentiful and very good. The curry was not too hot, but just spicy enough. I'd definitely go back for lunch or dinner.

Visited May 2013
Valencia, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“!!!! I Love Lamb Biryani & Garlic Nan !!!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We Planned our trip to Olhao Portugal as Couple Last Week.We had Lunch and Dinners in So Many Portuguese Restaurants.We Visited as well in Indian Hut Restaurant for Dinner.
Restaurant Staff Welcome us very Nicely.

After Read Menu we ordered Lamb Biryani,Chicken Curry,Keema Rice,House Wine ,Mixed salad with Garlic Nan.The staff took our order very nicely and gave us Starter Popadoms with wonderful sauces.
in few minutes we received our Food Which was so Yummy and Hot.
Lamb Biryani was very tasty and fully furnished with Coriander Leaves.
I Can,t forget the taste of Authentic Chicken Curry with Special Garlic Nan.
it was so wonderful.My Wife Really Like this Indian Food at This Restaurant.

At the time of Bill we Received Complimentary Whisky from Staff.
Definitely We Will Come back to this Restaurant in our next Trip to Olhao,Portugal.

This was Really Amazing & Authentic Food at Indian Hut Restaurant.
Really a Great Experience Ever.
Highly Recommend for all Travelers and Couples.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank sammy l
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Service, quality of food and hygiene”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Well first of all, the service was really bad..There was only one guy in the restaurent, that even with a beard, the same guy was taking orders and preparing the food..He was terrible both in English and Portuguese, I guess the only language he speaks is Indian..lack of experience was evident.....Now lets come to the quality of food, there was just too much oil..the food was tooooo spicy, although I requested the waiter not to make it too hot...We had asked for the chapati, but were given the cheese nan and once again too much oil (butter), it was not that soft.......
and guys, most importantly, the hygiene.....a guy with a beard is not supposed to be working in the kitchen....the toilet was just too small and untidy.......I strongly recommend to skip this restaurent, there are others in the business who are really professional and experienced..

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank pedro s
“Lovely food but spicy!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Had a wonderful meal here - chose to have medium but should have gone for mild. The flavours were really nice and we both loved our starters - onion bhaji & chicken tikka and our main courses chana bhoona & chicken curry - every bit eaten.

• Visited November 2012