“No more”

Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Moncarapacho
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurante with 52 places , air conditioned or fire wood for the winter. Cosy atmosphere
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have eaten some quite good meals here in the past but our last visit was disappointing before we even got into the restaurant .. to such an extent we decided not to eat there.

The problem was the Internet provision that is offered off the bar .. 0.40euros for 5 mins or 2Euros for 30 mins .. not a bad price I thought. sadly the equipment had sen better days and when I went to pay for my 12 minutes I was asked for 3.5 euros. .. when I pointed out I was only online for 12 mins the price reduced to 2.5euros .. i didn't argue .. we left and will never go back again!

4  Thank CustomerConsultant

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stopped by for lunch on arriving too early for hotel check in. More for an evening meal as although lovely food everything come with huge portions of vegetables.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Myself and various members of my family have visited on numerous occasions, never to be disappointed. The most recent visit being with my partner and his family, it was voted the best meal of the holiday by all! Steak on the stone is not to be missed, however if you don't fancy a massive slab of steak, the chicken, lamb and ribs are all excellent too. Homemade desserts are delicious (especially mango mousse and carob pie), and are very reasonably priced. The whole meal came to approx. 130euro for 6 of us, including wine, beer and mojitos (yet again, delicious!), and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Will visit again and again!

1  Thank TrOn29
Reviewed September 13, 2012

As other people say, don't be put off by the unappealing first impressions. A nice restaurant with a good atmosphere behind the rather functional canteen. A two inch cube of steak on a hot stone is absolutely mouth watering. Monkfish kebab is excellent. Really good prices. My only reservation - tables packed a little too tightly together but I could happily eat here every day.

1  Thank GranfalloonUk
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant through others staying at Vilamonte Hotel.

The outside looks extremely basic but they say don't judge a book by its cover. Such is the case here. When you go through the bar you reach a pleasant restaurant with table cloths and candles.

Staff all were very friendly and courteous with Antonio making sure everything was right with the meal. The steak on a stone is highly recommended and is a bit of fun producing steak in whatever way you want it cooked. As is customary in Portugal they bring you plenty of things before you start such as olives, bread and butter, sardines but you do pay a separate cover charge for each item so be aware of this.

The meal cost around €30euros each including the cover charge wine and three courses was good value.

1  Thank ashnick