“Outstanding dining and ambiance”
Review of Ancora

Ancora
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Burgau
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were a large group for a birthday dinner. Ancora arranged a special menu. The food was outstanding! The chef uses local ingredients very creatively. Some favorites were liver pate with white truffle cream, smoked tuna with spicy sauce and soup bretagne fish in creamy sauce.
Just as delightful was the service, thoughtful waiters, excellent wine selection.
The casual location on tiny Burgau square belies the high quality of this restaurant. Definitely worth dining there when in the western Algarve!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited this restaurant last year and had a wonderful evening. So decided to go again. Good atmosphere. But I agree with a previous reviewer in that I did feel rushed. Our starter arrived whilst we were still eating our convert and the main course followed very quickly afterwards. The food was good but, in my opinion it was overpriced. Also, when I booked I was not told that cards are not accepted. We had enough cash but this could have proved to be awkward. So I sadly I doubt we will return ....

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious food, beautiful service. Family friendly and also great for gluten and dairy intolerant food and ‘real’ children’s food.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Couldn’t fault a thing. Had the prawn tacos to start which I would recommend and my partner had the French onion soup which he said was one of the best he had ever had we both had steak for main which was huge but absolutely amazing and the wine was incredible to top it of the service was fantastic. Best meal in Burgau.

Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

Treated visiting friends to a meal and were treated to exceptional food and wine. The family run restaurant offers traditonal modern cuisine and ab alternative far eastern twist. We enjoyed fillet steak, smoke tuna, salmon carpaccio and Satay Royal which is as if experience in Jakarta. Other mains were superb and we booked for later in the week. This is one of the best.

Date of visit: May 2019