“Top of the pops!”
Review of Ancora

Ancora
Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Burgau
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London Scot
“Top of the pops!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Over the past three years, I have reviewed over thirty restaurants on my travels (repeat, not a fat boy!) and I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant. In my view, it rates very highly, certainly amongst the top five I have had the pleasure of visiting over that period. Even allowing for the slightly tired and emotional lady from Scotland at a nearby table, the atmosphere was most pleasant, with a distinctly favourable buzz about the place. Where this restaurant really scores is in the quality of the food and especially the friendly and efficient service. Note to other restaurants - it is not illegal for serving staff to smile. The serving staff are kept very busy, but maintained a happy and pleasant countenance throughout. Full marks to all concerned. The bill of fare did not disappoint. May I recommend the table d'hote option from the menu. I would normally run away from such choice in the UK, but in Ancora, the word excellent understates the quality of the food in all three courses. At twenty euros fifty, it provides a truly marvellous meal. I could rave at length about the quality of the fish on offer, but will spare you that; one thing, however, please make sure you leave enough room for the dessert option. Trying hard, but failing to find something to fault. Make a booking and enjoy. I would be astounded if you left disappointed!

• Visited August 2012

Glasgow
“Another fabulous eating experience!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for the 4th year now and still it's a great choice. Nice family run business, with a lovely atmosphere. Front of house, Angelica and Daniell are most welcoming. Service is just perfect to enjoy a relaxing evening, and not rushed out the door. It's not the cheapest in Burgua, but it's certainly still the best by far. Looking forward to a culinary experience next year!

devon
“excellent choice!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We ate here once during our stay and had the set 3 course meal. The staff were so friendly and welcoming, great atmostphere, fantastic views of the sea. They remembered it was my birthday the following day as we wanted to go then but it closes on a monday and brought us out complimentary pink bubbles. The pate starter was divine, main course pork melted in your mouth and the pancakes for dessert were super. Great choice of wines, good value. A visit is a must

• Visited August 2012
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I have visited Ancora a couple of times before with different people and again we were treated to a superb eating experience. There were eight people in our group including children aged 8, 7 and 4. The set menu was excellent value for money and there were clean plates all round. The staff make you feel very welcome and the food is delicious. It is recommended to book.

Shrewsbury
“Wonderful”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We ate here one night and at first glance we thought it was slightly more expensive than the the others it actually wasn't and was excellent value for money. My husband and I had the set menu at 20 euros each and our two girls shared the kids menu at 7.50 euros and for that they got four bread rolls, the lovely fish for their main which they divided into two but you would not have guessed as the portions were large and neither of my girls could finish their plate, then they did the same with their pudding so you just could not ask for more. The brother and sister who serve you are just lovely and we were lucky and sat outside on the terrace, with gorgeous food and a bottle of wine you could not have a better night. Fantastic.

Visited August 2012