“A special place to enjoy a special lunch.”
Review of Beach Bar Burgau

Beach Bar Burgau
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Burgau
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Our friends who often go to Portugal on holiday always stay in Burgau and recommended the beach bar. We were staying in Lagos and this was our first visit to the Algarve.
We loved this place which was away from it all with a wonderful beach and very special beach bar.
The fish came in straight from the sea as I can truthfully attest as I saw it being delivered by hand.
I chose swordfish which came with a salad and was the best I have ever tasted.
Sun sand and wonderful food and surroundings - what more can one want?

Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and I have stayed in Burgau many times and have never failed to be impressed by the food, the service, the setting and the fantastic staff at this family owned restaurant. This September my husband arranged for me to have lunch in the Beach Bar to celebrate my 60th birthday, in total there were 23 of us. The day was a brilliant success from start to finish. So many thanks to Adrian, Mark, Jimy and the rest of the team who made it all possible.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Have eaten here on a few occasions over the last couple of years and would highly recommend if only for the view of the Atlantic and watching the world go by...
My daughter loves both of the king prawn dishes on the menu. Staff are always very friendly and it's one of my favourite restaurants in Burgau.
It's also great for a late afternoon drink listening to Reggie.

4  Thank Ianandlesley007
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Beutifull setting, good service only 2 problems.
1.when you see potatoes advertised as coming with a meal i dont normally expect fried potatoe cubes(they were nice) to arrive.
2.the most annoying one:( after eating ,to find out they do not accept cards i then had to walk all the way back up the hill to the bank machine just to find out it was empty.
then had to drive quickly to luz bank machine and back to pay the bill.
as you can imagine sort of ruined my lunch experience.
wich is a shame for all else is great .
i would recommend it for sure but make sure you take cash.good service ,good location and very friendly staff.

1  Thank Sapphirepower
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We ate here in August 2011 and thoroughtly enjoyed the food, the service and the location and overall were very impressed by the experience. The atmosphere was very good and you could eat in or out.There were a lot of locals eating here.We had been here the previous summer and had to return again because out of around 200 hostelries in the Alagarve we have experienced over 6 visits we had felt by some way that this was by some way the best sangria in the Algarve. So we had a jug when we booked the table and 2 jugs (2.5 litres of the red - oh dear!) when we came for dinner - you always get total consistency and it is absolutely superb!!!! Will be back for sure!!!!