“Surprisingly good!”

Esquina Restaurante
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Burgau
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Newport Pagnell, England, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Surprisingly good considering it's in such a small village. Friendly staff, very attentive. From our table we could see the kitchen it was very clean with very smiley people! The food was gorgeous, I had grilled swordfish, it had to be the best seafood I've ever had. My Dad had a steak which was perfectly cooked, and melted in the mouth, it was unctuous! we would definitely go there again.

• Visited June 2013

“Great restaurant”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The food in this restaurant is absolutely fabulous. My husband and I went back there three times on our 12 day trip, having dined at many other restaurants in the area and further away. The staff were really friendly and the atmosphere was great. They advise you to book in advance and you can understand why it's so popular when you go there. Absolutely couldn't fault anything about this restaurant. The food is fantastic!

Visited June 2013
Ontario, Canada
“Would certainly go again”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I spent 32 days in Burgau this past February and had dinner at Esquina on three occasions. One of the three occasions was with our visiting daughter. She and my wife shared a catapalana dish which rhey said was delicious. On all three of the experiences the door was great as was the wine and the service. The Sunday price fixe meal is a bargain.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Ken G
Southport, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had been advised to visit this restaurant by friends, unfortunately we were disappointed. The restaurant looks beautiful however we felt the food was below par. I had Calamari for my starter which was poor, we then had the Monkfish cataplana for 2 as our main which we felt was over rated; the prawns were very dry. The meal with drinks came to 85€ which we didn’t think was good value for money and we don’t object to paying for good food, we never went back. Also as with most restaurants in Burgau they do not take cards.

• Visited June 2013
Holywood, United Kingdom
“Very nice restaurant, but remember to book ahead.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Lovely modern decor and bright pleasant interior.
I had skate wing, which was fab accompanied by a bottle of vinho verde. Plenty of choices of meat, fish and veggie, to cater to all tastes. Staff friendly and attentive and prices reasonable.

Visited May 2013