Our family went to Portugal during Easter time, we had heard about HdM from some friends and we were curious and wanted to see for ourselves. We stayed there 2 nights and it was excellent. Both Monica and Alfredo are adorable, and the food, delightful... it is very pleasant to wake up and hear the birds singing, and smelling the fresh air of nature. The breakfast was great, fresh eggs, home cocked bread, natural orange juice and fresh made strawberry jam. We felt safe, away from noise, pollution, and our little son had so much fun playing with the owner’s sons!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Herdade da Matinha is a country house in the middle of the nature in Alentejo, very close to the beach. We have 20 rooms (7 classic double rooms, 8 romantic rooms, 3 familiar rooms, 2 suites). A place for relaxation and rejuvenation, Herdade Da Matinha is surrounded by old oak trees. Start the day with breakfast in bed or on the covered veranda. Meals are prepared by the owner and feature farmhouse breads and cheeses, as well as renowned Portuguese wines. Sample local specialities made with homegrown, organic vegetables.Spend time exploring the area on horseback. Alternatively, you can soak up sun while relaxing next to Herdade Da Matinha outdoor pool.The entire building is kept in white, earthy tones, with comfortable seating areas inviting you to take it easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Herdade da Matinha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Herdade Da Matinha Hotel Cercal Do Alentejo
- Herdade Da Matinha Portugal/Alentejo - Cercal