“Good cheap stop over hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Manila Airport Hotel

Manila Airport Hotel
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Paranaque
“Good cheap stop over hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a 15 hour stop over in Manila that we didn't want to spend at the airport so grabbed a room for myself and my two girls (12 &14). It was old but clean. It cost us $70AU for the night and I feel it was worth it. Thanks to previous reviews I bought some ear plugs to sleep with because the air conditioner was very loud, but cooled the room so we could sleep. WiFi was cheap and worked well and the bathroom was clean but old.

Don't expect a diamond in the rough here and you won't be disappointed. For a stopover, the 24hr airport shuttle service is great and the hotel is close to the airport. The staff are very helpful and polite.

For what it is (a cheap and convenient hotel) this ticks all the boxes for me.

Room Tip: A/C is noisy, bring some earplugs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank just-another-j0e

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Welshpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

The shower was filthy, nozzle caked and blocked. The water in the sink is very slow to seep away - no plug needed. In the mini bar someone had half drunk the bottle of water. The hotle had the cheek to try and charge us for this!
The air con was very noisy and when it rained large drips and splashes sounded as though they were in the room next door. Not possible to sleep when raining.
No free shuttle to the airpost which is within waling distance, cost me 500 PHP. Dangerous area to walk as there are many vagrants and homeless people living on the wasteland behind the hotel. No decent European food, breakfast was included but I only had the coffee as the food was so below par.
No kettle in room. We found bed bugs that had bitten my g/f. Receptionist was rude but I thought the poor women must be the butt of many complaints and was naturally defensive, attack is the best form of defense etc!
This hotel needs pulling down and a proper management team to move in and run it. Until then I would never consider venturing there ever again. One out of ten and that is because the security guard was friendly.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel unless you are desperate.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Paranaque hotels

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great place for stopovers at the airport, since it is just nearby and provides a free shuttle to the terminals. The rooms are showing their age and are quite small, but reasonably clean (they use a bit too much air freshener though). The front desk can be slow when there are a few groups checking in or out at the same time. There are several lively restaurants and small shops downstairs, which adds to the convenience. Overall a bit pricey for what they offer, but you pay for the location I guess.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SW-TA
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

All though the hotel is old rooms are very run down and would not recommend a hotel like this to anyone the location is fantastic and you get free airport transfers. For a quick sleep before you jump on a plane this hotel is ok but wouldnt want to stay more then one night. Staff were great.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Daniel M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very accessible to Ninoy Aquino international Airport. We arrived midnight from a long Haul orriginating from the United States.

Basic facts: the room is clean, the interior would need some updating, sheets and towels are clean and the ground noise from the airport is nicely blocked.

cons: we had reservation, we called the front desk to pick us up, they said they were out to pick us yet it took us about 15 mins wait and they never came. we end up walking to the hotel on a very hot and humid night, also very scary walk when we head straight because we can easily see their signage.

the following morning we had a delicious breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Aqua16_itravel
Doha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We took 3 villas last June 1st for only 2 nights.The only good thing about the hotel is that it is too near with airport and they have bubble pearl tea. Thats all....water was not there to take bath, and worse thing to do your daily bowl, its a night mare. Swimming pool was just okay but full of customers who are not resident of hotel, kids was enjoying though and thats made my high blood a little bit down? They said they have laundry service, so we called and they said they were closed because i called like 5pm and to call back in the morning. But when i called next morning they said mo laundry in he hotel. Strange.....i must say its NOT worth it as uou can stay in much much much better hotel with better service with that price.

Room Tip: No comment....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I read a lot of reviews. And you're right if you're expecting an American five star hotel. My final destination was the Philippines I have many friends in the Philippines. I was not acpecting a perfect room.. the night staff was amazing. They help me find my friends, and didn't let me lift a finger. My bags were carried to my shuttle and a man waiting for me at the airport lead me to my next flight... the only thing that would have made my experience perfect...after a 20 flight hot water and water pressure..

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paranaque
Remington Hotel
Belmont Hotel Manila
Nichols Airport Hotel
Nichols Airport Hotel
#11 of 16 in Paranaque

Been to Manila Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!