“Staff Have Personal Issues That Affect Guests”

Manila International Youth Hostel Federation
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Paranaque
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here March to April 2013. I stayed here for two weeks. The place is typical budget hotel where rooms have basic amenities and beds are lined with a foam instead of a mattress. They can be dusty since this hotel is near Baclaran and the main road. Rooms facing the road can be noisy.

One very notable incident during my stay is the fact that the Ilonggo front desk staff had a fight with the other staff working in another shift. My brother and I finally got a better room and paid for it. The following day, the Illongga staff wants us out of the room because according to her, that room was booked to another guest. To our dismay, we were forced to stay in the dormitory where there is no aircondition and you get to stay with many other guests. We were terribly inconvenient because these two staff had personal issues. I forgot their names but I saw them change shift and they pretend not to see each other and never talk. This kind of problem greatly affects the guests. The other guest is okay but the Ilongga staff needs to get fired for attitude problems. She is very unprofessional and her jokes are offensive and not funny

One positive thing about this hotel is the surroundings. There are so many trees around the hotel and some tables and chairs for guests to relax. Aside from that

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TarsierReviews

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at the ladies dormitory with my friends. Not bad for a price of P270 per person/night. The restroom is relatively clean. The downside though is that it can be hot in the room during summer.Nevertheless, still worth the stay. Not to mention the staff are accomodating.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Booked a dorm bed because the place is close to airport. And it looked quite nice on the pictures at booking.com. But in reality it was not a nice place. Everything is old. The beds were not nice and toilets and showers dirty. It's hot and not enough fans. There's no lockers or even a locker to the room. The area outside hostel is not nice. I didn't feel safe when I went to have dinner. But I didn't see any guard at the gate it seemed the gate was open all night. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Nipeno
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed one week in the hostel and loved my stay there because
Even if everybody there do not english correctly
Even if the light was on most of the time
Even if some guys snored hard
Even if 10 guys (out of 20 possible) slept in the same room
...I didn't care about the attitude of the staff...

I enjoyed my stay because it was so cheap, the bed is comfortable and I took my earplugs!!!!
Well u have to tell them you'll only stay one night and then they don't check if you're gone or not.
So I paid 280PHP for 7 days :-)

Room Tip: There is no choice in the room. You either go to men/women room...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank pierrotleouf
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have NEVER seen such rude flipino in my life. The girls that work there have attitude problems, especially the one in the evening. They dont care about your hospitality or even respect you. There is much better places to stay in Manila.

Besides the staff, it is not bad for a budget place and the location is good.

I have been staying here from time to time for years but I am done. Done!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Peter V
Reviewed February 28, 2012

150 Pesos by taxi from airport, very safe and secure, no frills accom. Sure it is occupied mostly by locals, but to me that is half the fun. So it aint vegetarian, so what, the little bars and sidewalk vendors have heaps of stuff for 30-60 peso's per meal.
The rooms are basic but clean and safe,about $1,000 pesos a night, or a dorm for 300 pesos.
open 24 hrs, and full most of the time so it has to be value for money.
The Crosswinds hotel is nearby and charges about 2,500 pesos/ night, if you want a cheap alternative. Baclaran has great markets and only an 8 peso jeepney ride from the mall of asia.
Love the philippine people they are a delight!

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are better
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank John L
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Not as advertised on HI site. I reported this to HI-Intl. We were told sheets-there was one. We were told aircon-aircon works 6pm-6am, shower hot H2O the same. We were told there was vegetarian food-there was not. There are a long list of rules on the back of the door to the room, also not on web. Read this before you check in.

The room was dirty, wet your finger rub the wall and it will now be clean. The ceiling fan was dirty. No curtain on the bathroom window, looks right out at neighbor. No toilet paper, should be on web site or they could have for sale at front desk. They have nothing at the front desk, not even extra sheets. Be careful of all rugs, no non slip pads. No internet available.

On arrival we were greeted by a man who said he worked for hostel and he wanted to take our bags. Turned out he does not work for hostel. I would call ahead and get the name of the person who will open the gate. We were woke all during the night by honking and revving engines. We were woke at 3am by a man yelling and banging on the neighbors door. We both had allergy headaches and congestion the next morning.

Close to Pasay Victory Liner station, Manila airport and the Mall of Asia. Easy to catch taxi at all hours by walking to corner @ Roxas. There is a little canteen at the Clean Fuel station so there are many taxis. Please force them to run the meter, you only give them confidence to cheat the next person if you do not.

The type of friend I'd recommend to is already stranded or very adventurous. My husband was not a happy camper.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank SubicChick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paranaque
Red Planet Aseana City, Manila
DG Budget Hotel Salem
DG Budget Hotel Salem
#14 of 33 in Pasay
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila

Been to Manila International Youth Hostel Federation? Share your experiences!