“Newest luxury hotel, enjoyable stay, service can be improved”

Solaire Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Paranaque
Manila, Philippines
“Newest luxury hotel, enjoyable stay, service can be improved”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Solaire is known for having the biggest game floor yet in the Philippines. And, I would definitely agree on that as the mass gaming area would great you as you set foot in the lobby of the vicinity and they even have VIP gaming area in the 2nd floor I think. However, being not a frequent bettor (not even occasionally), we were in the area to get a first hand experience of the luxury hotel hoping that it's tagline "the game has change." says true as well for its accommodation. Further, it's my hubby's birthday and I thought he would greatly appreciate a relaxing day after a long-period of back-breaking work.

It was a long-weekend in the Philippines because of the observance of the Holy Week. I was expecting to have to queue as the concept of staycation has long conquered the locals. But I was in for a surprise! It was worse than I expected. We arrived around half past one. I reached the check-in counter at 230 pm but our room wasn't ready yet?! It was only until quarter to four in the afternoon that we were given our deluxe room facing the bay area. (I always find joy and serenity seeing either a sunrise or a sunset.)

It was a tiring registration process but the facilities very much made up for the less than warm we received during check-in. The hallway was well lit, somewhat Venetian-inspired and gives an impression that it does really looked new. The carpets were smooth, thick and soft to the feet when being walked upon.

We stayed in room 1223. When I opened the door, the room smelled refreshing! The glass-panel window facing the bay was a heavenly sight - vast, still water with few little boats to see. The room was large than a standard deluxe room size. It has minibar, safety deposit box, robes, comfy room slippers, adequate bathroom toiletries. It has a bathtub, shower and a spacious bathroom that could be as large as another room! The flat screen TV had a welcome message to the guest. It has a working desk and chair. Then, there's also a lounge chair with extra couch and long sofa to rest those tired feet. One can comfortably accept additional quests, if so desired.

Shout-out to Mark of housekeeping for prompt service with a smile. Very good job man! I called the service center for an extra bed. The receptionist told me there was none. Good thing Mark was able to provide for our request.

From our room it was a little bit of an effort going to the pool area. Good thing there's a beautiful garden beside the pathway which takes your mind off the long walk. The pool was I-shaped, 4-feet deep and just perfect for kids.

Accommodations include buffet breakfast in the Fresh restaurant. After having been in Circles and Spirals, Fresh selections failed to meet my standards. Not enough variety, in my opinion. But I like their fresh smoothies and freshly-juiced/squeezed fruit juices.

Aside from the long queue in the front desk, I noticed that many frontliners do not smile enough to guests. A security personnel was also advising companions of those checking in to not to sit on the mass gaming swivel chairs. (Mass gaming area was closed during the Holy Week.) I reasoned to him that there's a problem in the registration and they should be providing a waiting lounges for their guests and not put them in unnecessary burden. I felt there seems to be a lack in manpower during our stay. No one assisted us going to our room.

If not for the magnificent facilities and comfortable furniture of the hotel, our stay had been a total let down.

Room Tip: Access to the pool area is on the 5th floor. If you're planning to enjoy the pool and not to use...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight for my husband's bday and we got our sweet surprise from solaire. The duty manager joy s - she exhibited excellent customer service. She made our stay memorable. I love the room we stayed at,very spacious, the bed was very comfortable, bathroom was spot clean, garden view, also love the amenities and facilities. Love to watch sunset by the pool and enjoy the jacuzzi. We were pampered and greeted by hotel staff with a smile! Will definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed April 14, 2014

It was my first time in this hotel. If it wasnt for my friends, I would not go here its far from my place and I there are bad reviews about this hotel,but i was wrong. Its such a beautiful property. the main lobby has tall and pretty ladies greeted us.We stayed here for 3 nights. We came in early for check in, The Front office agent assisted us is very accomodating and has a beautiful smile,she gave us welcome drinks while waiting for our room. we tried their japanese restaurant and it was wonderful!!! its a bit expensive, but it was worth it. It was a busy day for everybody in this hotel. After the wonderful meal at yakumi, we went back to Elaine who immediately assisted us once again. We requestedfor a non smoking room, however there was no available non smoking room, but Elaine assured us that their smoking rooms can also be a non smoking room,she even requested for an ionizer and if we dont like it we can ask her to transfer us immediately. To our surprise, she was correct we were assigned at 14th floor the moment we entered the room my friends and i didnt even noticed that it was a smoking room. They have a lovely and beautiful room as well!!! The pool is very nice, we enjoyed it so much, but there was construction on the otherside for their next tower i guess. We tried the spa and its my new favorite spa. On our last day, we made sure that we will check out at elaine's counter to thank her for making our first solaire moment very lovely!!will surely be coming back to this hotel and will be looking forward to see Elain, once again. GREAT SERVICE, BEAUTIFUL ROOMS, AND LOVELY STAFFS.

Room Tip: Choose the bay view room, wont regret it.!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nicole Andrea G
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

As i arrived from a late flight, there were no hassle during check-in. Room is top-notched, very new, spacious and clean. In-room dining was convenient served even late at night. Swimming pool is big with many sumbeds available. there were still some on going constructions, but still ok. i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank AcaciaTreeGarden
Sydney
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

The location is nearer to the airport than any of the other 5 star hotels but the location is isolated as development still to take place on surrounding land. Not too much of a problem as hotel has most things you would expect of hotel of this standard. Things that could be improved however are better gift shop selection epically for some books and magazines. Also a coffee shop where something less then the fixed price breakfast and afternoon tea can be enjoyed.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I will rate as one of the best new hotels in Manila. The rooms are very spacious and fixtures are of high quality. They have a nice bathroom/bathtub. The breakfast buffet (Fresh) is good but still not at the level of Spirals in Sofitel.

What I like the most is the pool fronting Manila Bay. It is very fresh, cool, and windy. As well you can see the beautiful Manila Bay sunset.

The front desk though needs a lot of improving. They can also add some retail areas. But they have a shuttle going to MOA. Because this is a casino, the hotel G/F can smell of smoke but not as bad as the other ones that I know off.

This is my new favorite hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
California
Reviewed April 2, 2014

hotel does not have a non-smoking floor or policy, since it is a Casino.
8 couples came from Singapore for an event held in the Ballroom. We found the rooms large and comfortable, the shuttles to (and from) nearby Mall of Asia and Makati were of great convenience.
Food was good throughout from Food Court to banquet to the daily buffet breakfast at "Fresh". The location makes quick transfers from airport a breeze and generally in this area I call New Manila, where trisikels, street urchins hawking drinks etc are not allowed, life holds out promise that Manila can take it's former place of glory as in the 1960's.
* GPS Great Pilipino Scam - beware all those who use internet booking for plane tickets and hotels. Basically the non-refund policy means you WILL pay for 3 nights stay if that is what you booked and are a no show.
Trouble was I did show up, and was treated to VIP service (complimentary room) however I had already paid for the room. I asked if they would give me complimentary room since I return a week later. the answer is no, ungracious policy served up with great tact, charm, "sorry ma'am" but they've take a few hundred dollars from me!
As with the local airlines, foreigners need to book return flight to land without visa (show your departure ticket) but then you cannot change your departure without incurring huge penalties so most would buy a new ticket, wasting the original return ticket (no credit given whatsoever)
At least Air Asia would send me a voucher applicable towards the next flight and some hotels would have have welcomed me back with a free night's stay, and charge me only for the first night, were I really a no-show! I did show up and was supposed to be guest of casino and their records showed it. So in the end, it was not a free stay from the Casino

Room Tip: Higher floors with smaller numbers may have sea view, but that will mean blazing afternoon sun. Ask...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paranaque
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
#3 of 31 in Pasay
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
Red Planet Aseana City, Manila
Manila Marriott Hotel

Been to Solaire Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!