My family and I stayed at Solaire for the New Year festivities. We booked two Grand Deluxe rooms, one with the bay view (more expensive), and the other with the city view. We got the rooms at a lesser rate because I booked them more than a month before the scheduled check-in dates.
- I really like the complimentary valet parking for hotel guests so transferring to our private vehicle is hassle-free.
- The grand deluxe rooms gave us access to the Executive Lounge which offers FREE breakfast, cocktails, light evening meals (imported cheese, charcuterie/cold cuts, chips, fruits, free-flowing drinks) for limited number of guests per room. This privilege is one of my best experiences here in the hotel. The lounge has a spectacular view of the bay, with courteous staff serving you. What great way to start the day with freshly brewed coffee, steak and eggs, fresh fruits, tasty muesli, and good-smelling croissants while resting your eyes to the majestic Manila bay.
- Don't forget the welcome drinks at the Dragon Bar.
- Our room was at the 16th floor, which was a smoking floor, but we hardly felt the cigarette smoke or smell. All I smelled was the hotel perfume.
- The housekeeping service was prompt and was able to provide for our needs (extra pillows, blankets, toiletries, etc.)
- The staff was friendly and greets you with a smile.
- Checking out was hassle-free and quick. There was a line but I got it done in a few minutes.
- The pool was great, with free cold water for the guests, with jacuzzi near the pools. Lifeguard always on the lookout.
- The gym was simple and not that spacious yet functional with modern equipment. A helpful personal trainer is always available. Free water and fruits for the guests.
- City view was great for watching the simultaneous fireworks display of different cities of Metro Manila (Pasay, Makati, Paranaque) and even Cavite.
- Dinner buffet at Fresh was fun. Lots of great selections. I liked the king crabs and beef curry.
- I know the volume of hotel guests increases tremendously during the holiday season, but I really had an awful experience in checking-in at this hotel. We arrived at around 1230 PM but we were able to go to our rooms at around 2:30 PM. We waited for more than two hours because they still have to make the room ready (and I think it took more than an hour to clean the room)
- The sauna floor is marbled/tiled, so it gets really hot for the feet, if not wearing any footwear.
- The shuttle driver waits for the shuttle to get filled before he steps on the gas, so expect some delays in this mode of transfer to Mall of Asia.
- We had a delay in getting our bags out of the room because of the very busy schedule of the luggage service during check out times.
- There is not so much kid activities in this hotel. They have bountiful activities for adults (especially in the casino)
Overall, we had a great time. We'll come back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Solaire Resort & Casino a premier integrated destination resort on an 8.3-hectare site in Manila, Philippines. With a spectacular view of the famed Manila bay sunset, Solaire is the first premier integrated resort among the four players in the 120-hectare Entertainment City - known as the country’s rising new tourism hotspot primed to rival the success of integrated resorts in Macau, Singapore and Las Vegas. Philippine-based Solaire Resort and Casino currently operates two distinctive towers, the Bay Tower and the Sky Tower with 800 opulent rooms, suites and bay side villas. Solaire Resort and Casino the first premier integrated destination resort to open in the Entertainment City with luxurious facilities and personalized services. Solaire has 15 extensive dining options, bars, lounges and entertainment venues. A total of 18,500 square meters of impressive gaming facilities. 1,760 seat State-of the art lyric theatre. Other facilities are an outdoor swimming pool with cabañas and Jacuzzi, Spa and fitness center. The Sky Range Shooting Club an indoor shooting range for gun enthusiasts and shooting aficionados. Solaire houses more than 40 luxury brand retail shops with a total of 5,000 square meters space, 2,920 square meters meeting facilities, a grand ballroom, along with full banquet and catering facilities. Solaire has been master planned and conceptually designed by distinguished world-renowned architect and designer Paul Steelman of Steelman Partners, based in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is strategically situated minutes away from the international and domestic airports with the opening of the new NAIA Expressway; SM Mall of Asia Complex which houses the biggest mall, concert arena and convention center in the Philippines; leisure and business hubs such as the Makati and Bonifacio Global City; and key historical and cultural landmarks particularly Rizal Park and Intramuros, relic of the old walled city in Manila during the Spanish era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solaire Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solaire Resort & Casino Metro Manila/Paranaque, Philippines