“Holiday stay at Solaire”

Solaire Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Paranaque
Quezon City, Philippines
“Holiday stay at Solaire”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My family and I stayed at Solaire for the New Year festivities. We booked two Grand Deluxe rooms, one with the bay view (more expensive), and the other with the city view. We got the rooms at a lesser rate because I booked them more than a month before the scheduled check-in dates.
Pros:
- I really like the complimentary valet parking for hotel guests so transferring to our private vehicle is hassle-free.
- The grand deluxe rooms gave us access to the Executive Lounge which offers FREE breakfast, cocktails, light evening meals (imported cheese, charcuterie/cold cuts, chips, fruits, free-flowing drinks) for limited number of guests per room. This privilege is one of my best experiences here in the hotel. The lounge has a spectacular view of the bay, with courteous staff serving you. What great way to start the day with freshly brewed coffee, steak and eggs, fresh fruits, tasty muesli, and good-smelling croissants while resting your eyes to the majestic Manila bay.
- Don't forget the welcome drinks at the Dragon Bar.
- Our room was at the 16th floor, which was a smoking floor, but we hardly felt the cigarette smoke or smell. All I smelled was the hotel perfume.
- The housekeeping service was prompt and was able to provide for our needs (extra pillows, blankets, toiletries, etc.)
- The staff was friendly and greets you with a smile.
- Checking out was hassle-free and quick. There was a line but I got it done in a few minutes.
- The pool was great, with free cold water for the guests, with jacuzzi near the pools. Lifeguard always on the lookout.
- The gym was simple and not that spacious yet functional with modern equipment. A helpful personal trainer is always available. Free water and fruits for the guests.
- City view was great for watching the simultaneous fireworks display of different cities of Metro Manila (Pasay, Makati, Paranaque) and even Cavite.
- Dinner buffet at Fresh was fun. Lots of great selections. I liked the king crabs and beef curry.

Cons:
- I know the volume of hotel guests increases tremendously during the holiday season, but I really had an awful experience in checking-in at this hotel. We arrived at around 1230 PM but we were able to go to our rooms at around 2:30 PM. We waited for more than two hours because they still have to make the room ready (and I think it took more than an hour to clean the room)
- The sauna floor is marbled/tiled, so it gets really hot for the feet, if not wearing any footwear.
- The shuttle driver waits for the shuttle to get filled before he steps on the gas, so expect some delays in this mode of transfer to Mall of Asia.
- We had a delay in getting our bags out of the room because of the very busy schedule of the luggage service during check out times.
- There is not so much kid activities in this hotel. They have bountiful activities for adults (especially in the casino)

Overall, we had a great time. We'll come back soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view. Guests who booked rooms at 15th and 16th floors have access to the E...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank VinB712

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed 3 nights for work trip on 22/11. The hotel is new so all look trim and proper. Room on the 11 floor is spacious. Room and toilet amenities were great. Only I didn't get the chocolate during turn down service coz I left the no disturb sign on. The eclipse bar and breakfast area were nice. The food at breakfast was superb!! Well done! Location not that centralized only good thing is near the mall of Asia with free shuttle service. Had a pleasant stay but I prefer ermita area.
Staffs as per normal, polite and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MarianaAngel
Rajkot
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Wow !!! In 3 nights stay, I have enjoyed each and every moment there. Warm welcoming, gr8 reception, superb services, bigger rooms, all amenities available in room, lobby, lift, and over and above Casino. I am not gaming man, but seen Casino at may countries. Solaire is totally different in look. Beautifully decorated !!!. Outside, there is a fountain with lighting and fire. Must see !! Only thing that dis-appointed me is breakfast. It was hopeless being pure Veg. There were nothing to eat except fruit and bread. Ya, they learned from few of us, how to make Masala Tea for Indians.!!! Service level was superb.

Room Tip: prefer sea facing room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank FAVOURITETOURS
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

It doesn't have the 5 star hotel service that I was looking for.... Im not expecting a VIP treatment. They just need to do a simple job of informing the guest properly.... I reserved a dinner for my mom's birthday. Upon check in they were told that they only have a breakfast buffet. I was worried because they are not young to go out at night just to search for food!!!!!
A 5 star hotel is not just equipments and facilities. Its staff should be well trained in dealing with complaining customer. They should communicate well with the guest inorder to guide them accordingly. ...
I hope you have ears for critics and action for change...

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Rhea C
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I am the executive assistant for the CEO of a publicly traded finance company. We selected the Solaire for our annual company offsite this year and I can say without a doubt they have the worst and most incompetent events staff I have ever encountered. Their facilities are 5-star but their service is 1; they will nickel-and-dime you every step of the way, to an obscene and often embarrassing (for them) degree.

Our contract was done wrong approximately 50 times, with extra costs slipped into every new draft and spelling mistakes/math errors throughout the documents. Our admins had to spend literal hours correcting it with them. Staff refused to open our banquet room early or let us use a printer for the event. After about 2 weeks of negotiating they finally agreed and left it off the initial contract only to send an almost $1000 bill AFTER the event which we were expected to pay. It was completely impossible for them to keep track of which rooms were charged on which corporate credit cards. It took several hours for one of our millionaire guests to get a line of credit at the casino and he basically missed one night of gambling. They disallowed us to put more than 6 people in one of the most expensive suites which we had booked for an executive meeting. In no way, shape, or form do they understand the value of customer service, events, or details. I shudder to think what someone's wedding would be like there. Please keep in mind we had ONLY TWENTY FOUR (24) guests in our group.

The general reservations people are ok, as was the IT staff who helped us set up some presentations. But the events people, who should be the most savvy as they are dealing with the most pricey kinds of bookings, are just the worst. If you are traveling as an individual or tiny group and doing everything yourself/on the ground it might be ok, but absolutely do not put yourself through what we did by having a group booking (20 people or more) there. Unless you want to spend your entire event and the 2 months beforehand tired, angry, and frustrated.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank sjb418
manila
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Solaire service and facilities are very good,very comfortable.. I Will recommend solaire to all my friends and relatives...also the location its so Nice,it has a very good view like manila bay..and the casino,..everything Is within your reach, all of the staff are vert approachable. More power solaire,..

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank laurice04
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Lousy reception service. They Double Charged me for room rate. I had to file a dispute to retrieve my overpayment and they would not even inform you to tell the guest that they messed up. If you keep silent, they will keep your money. They even called us for a missing shoe horn. This is the first time that hotel called me and asks for a missing item.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank chrisF8738BX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paranaque
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
#3 of 31 in Pasay
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
Red Planet Aseana City, Manila
Manila Marriott Hotel

Been to Solaire Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!