“First visit” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Metro Manila, Philippines
“First visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Having read the reviews my wife and I went on a Sunday. Good sashimi albeit a bit pricey. Ebi Tempura very good. We then had both a chicken and a beef dish which were disappointing. Service was good.

This was our first visit having normally gone to Japanese Restaurants in BGC and Makati. Overall ok but not exceptional and certainly pricey even compared with "town".

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mike R

Paranaque, Philippines
“Best Japanese Family Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

If there is a restaurant that connected with my family its Hanakazu. Once, my kids were all so excited that we were gonna eat there again after a very long time. Unfortunately, we forgot that it closes on Mondays. Well, my youngest cried; I mean, real tears. So when we finally got back to eat in Hanakazu, I was amazed at how fast the ebi tan maki, california maki and salmon sashimi disappeared from the table. And their chicken teriyaki is amazingly good.

The waiter of so many years was so happy to see us again. She recalls how fast our kids have grown. They have undergone a rennovation of their facade and interior. But for us, its still the same Hanakazu. Good for another ten years. Definitely!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Maximillan888
Makati, Philippines
“Japanese restaurant in southern Metro Manila”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Very good sashimi and sushi
Perfect for those who live on southern Metro Manila
Otherwise, think twice about the travel time and toll fees
Tsukiji in Pasay Road is an alternative for those in Makati City

united states
“Authentic Japanese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

If you want authentic quality Japanese food, then Hanakazu is the place to be. The ingredients are fresh and the food is just delicious. The owner I believe is a Japanese and I would see him preparing the food himself. It's a pricey restaurant I should say, but you'll get your money's worth and you're not short-changed. I love their special California maki and the seaweed salad among others. They also have a variety of Japanese ice cream. I just hope they won't raise their prices anymore.

• Visited February 2014
Paranaque, Philippines
“Paranaque's secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

This quiet restaurant offers very high quality Japanese cuisine. Their ingredients are of very high quality and the chef creates delicious dishes.
Price is on the high side, but not as high as Makati Japanese restaurants.

• Visited August 2013