“JAPANESE FRIEND HIGHLY APPROVED”
Review of Hanakazu

Hanakazu
Ranked #27 of 365 Restaurants in Paranaque
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

My discerning Japanese friend who now lives in NYC just kept ordering and ordering food when I took him here. He was impressed by the specialty items found in the menu and the daily specials board written only in Japanese. There were apparently a lot of comfort food items not easily found outside of Japan. The Japanese chef is a serious-looking guy who seems to run a tight ship. The food is authentic and the atmosphere is clean.

Favorites: Hamachi sashimi, amazingly fresh. ebi ten maki sushi roll, yummy crunchy. seaweed salad is heaven. POTATO SALAD so good trust me. fried fish tempura small mackerel forget the name. Ramen is pretty good too.

I eat here regularly and only once did I order something I didn't like. A chicken teriyaki set with weird parts of chicken like heart and intestine. Not my thing, but it actually smelled amazing.

Tip: order Mochi ice cream for dessert :)

1  Thank artdecogreen

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I love eating here. They serve authentic Japanese food and the staff are accommodating.:) Their sushi is the best I've had so far!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My experience with Hanakazu came as a surprise when I suddenly had a craving for japanese and my family is there to come with me. We came in four without any reservations but was able to get a table on a friday night. Anyway, I can't be wrong on the food. it was excellent! Cooked just the way I liked it. My mom liked their gyudon as well.
The only drawback was their menu prices. Its too pricey. They don't have ordinary salmon sashimi and that was the one I was after that day. Their salmon sashimi costs a whooping 600 per order. I can quench my cravings in another restaurant for only 190...and expect it to be of good quality.
anyway, their mango shake is good. and the staff are accomodatiing. The tip is already on the receipt so no need to leave any on the table.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you wanna have some wagyu beef that so soft and feel like it melts once you have a piece of the meat then come over to this japanese restaurant in BF homes. It will be worth the drive. Aside from those wagyu beef, their kani salad is also really good to start off your meal. Their tamago is also a must have. It's serve hot and a lil kick of sweetness which is oh so yummy! I am really one happy camper that day! Don;t underestimate their california maki roll because it's their specialty. It's not your ordinary maki roll. Order it and have a bite, you won't be sorry for it.
Service was good enough not that great since we have to call several staffs before our order was taken. Price is a little bit high but it's all worth it since quality of their food is fantastic!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We reserved one Tatami room of the restaurant for lunch after our Sunday Mass and as advance bithday celebration of my brother in law. When we entered the restaurant, the nine of us were led to the Tatami room. We ordered several dishes after carefully looking at the menu. Then one by one, each dish we ordered were brought to our table and they were all very good. From the hot Sukiyaki soup, sushi, maki, tempura, gyoza, the tasty fishes, etc., we had a feast. The only downside is the dessert since my family love desserts, we only had fruits and ice cream to choose. We had a great lunch and for sure we will come back to a wonderful Japanese food experience.

1  Thank epsManila