“Good Bargain shopping ifYou can get the right price”
Review of Baclaran Market

Baclaran Market
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Paranaque
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went here not too long ago, it's a good place for bargains and it's better if you can blend in as a local. If that can't be helped and you stand out like a tourist in the crowd - be prepared to have people snatch or pick pocket. There is too many small alleys and places to run after they snatch. Just have your wits about you and don't keep big amounts of money of you. I've been here with my local family and blended in quite well without drawing attention of others and had no problems. On the other hand I've taken my husband here and he is of European decent and this made things more harder for both of us and it drew attention of little kids begging for money people following us and then attempted snatching. My advice is don't wear sunglasses that are of expensive value or jewellery that's going to get snatched. And hold onto your handbag. I only prevented a snatch and grab incident by one of the stall holders I bought from advising me that I'm going to get robbed soon if I don't leave as the usual snatchers were already starting to stake out my handbag. If you get robbed don't try to chase them as they're all one big family there. You'll end up hurt more.
Safe and happy shopping. I got many bargains before being put off by the stated above.

5  Thank Mestiza_inday

Reviewed August 28, 2013

There’s a lot of stores here where you can purchase cheap items like clothes, shoes, school supplies and different items. You need to take care of you belongings especially your money because pickpockets are everywhere. If you are planning to go to this aree I could suggest not to bring you important things like gadgets, jewelries or important documents.

2  Thank BeRFi303030
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This place is the same with Divisoria, you can see many items here from children, ladies and men accessories, school supplies, and many more items. You should know how to ask discount so that you can maximize your budget. The place is near Baclaran church which is the common landmark. There are some snatchers in this are so you should be careful with your belongings. I only took one photo for this area because it's not safe for me and for my phone to take photos.

2  Thank Cess19
Reviewed May 23, 2013

i'm not good at bargaining, but this is a great place to do just that! i could cringe when i hear my mum ask if she could get the goods at half the price! but sometimes we get lucky and we bring home new curtains and doormats! LOL
omg, there's lots of other shoppers though, especially on wednesdays and weekends! we can hardly park then. don't bring too much stuff when shopping -- better for safety and logistics.

1  Thank Manel Y
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Like other reviewers, we've been warned to keep our wallets/money close. We didnt' have any pick-pocket problems but one could never be too careful.

this place is busy with stores and stores of bargains. Many items are the same. We liked the haggling. We actually enjoyed this a lot more that MOA coz it's different from just another mall.

It was a 10 min jeepney ride from Nichols Hotel.

Take a few hours to just soak in the hussle and bustle. If you don't like crowds, this one is not for you.

PS
my little girl who is 6 had the best time coz she found so many pairs of SHOES!!! and all within her budget!

1  Thank katicole