“great place ”

Isabelle Royale Hotel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Paranaque
“great place ”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I always stay here and its great, aircon, spacious, hot water, free bfast for 2, friendly staff, even airport pick up was free might be because I stay often anyway don't pass this hotel up just cause of somebody's sorry reviews I'm always looking for the best deal and I check the room before my stay to ensure everything is working u should also before u leave any bad reviews, will stay again

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Arizalita C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Czech first
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had booked to stay for 2 nights before flying home. An airport pickup ordered did not arrive, although the receptionist said he was at Bay 8. We looked there and there were no signs being held up with our name or resort.

I know I had booked the loft room just to try something different, so did not expect it to be very big. However, I did not expect it to be such a squeeze to enter between the ladder and the cupboard, but I could live with that.

The room description said kitchenette. Well, there was a sink, plenty of empty cupboard and a fridge not plugged in. A lone kettle sat on the worktop.

I asked about tea and coffee making facilities and the receptionist said, most people like to bring their own. You can borrow a kettle and cups from us? I asked about supplying tea and milk etc. No that was not done. She did eventually give us 2 cups and 2 packets of 3 in 1 coffee milk and sugar.
I asked where the restaurant and bar was as stated in their hotel description. We do not have one. I was told there was a bar and eatery across the road.

Okay, we went for a walk and saw the 2 establishments. We carried on walking to see if there was anything else. No absolutely nothing apart from the very local shops. It didn't feel a particularly safe place t wander either.

Decision was made. We would go back to the hotel and use the internet to book elsewhere for our last night.

Later in the evening we decided to go for a drink and bite to eat across the road. The bar was closed! Great. The eatery was open, but not impressed, we carried on walking. We did find a clean looking little local café, where my husband had a beer and I had water and a bite to eat.

We asked the lady if there was anywhere we could get a drink that catered more for tourists (really meaning a bit more upmarket). She suggested a trike to Steak 101 . What a saviour. We had a pleasant drink in there and also sample another bar down the road, totally safe and with entertainment.

Despite all the problems, we did actually sleep ok.

Having no restaurant, breakfast was delivered to your room. We had made our choices on arrival. It was not good. It was cold. My boiled egg was runny. Toast was cold and soggy. We had cups of water (uncovered) and a tea bag to make our cuppa.

The front of the hotel on it's description looks fairly attractive. In reality there are huge metal panels forming an uneven car park.

This hotel (and I use that very loosely) Seems to have a lot of permanent residents, as we did see inside a few rooms and it was obvious it was home to people.

My advice - go elsewhere

Room Tip: find a better place
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Paranaque hotels

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This place is truely awful the receptionist said that we did not pay for our stay and that we had to leave after the 1st of 3 days there. Fortunately I was able to login to my online banking and prove that I had otherwise we would have been out. An armed security guard came up to our room to remove us, we had a very bad experience, the services are awful here is a summary:

1) There are no kitchen untensils at all
2) You have to ask for room service otherwise no one will do it
3) The bathrooms are very small
4) The floors are very dirty
5) There is no free wireless you have to pay £150 peso per day
6) Upon arrival you have to fill out four different forms
7) Be careful if you do not have your printed ticket they will no let you stay
8) Receptionists are rude, unhelpful and are looking for any excuse to charge you extra money
9) There were cockroaches in my room I have taken a photo of our extra guests!
10) The hotel is located in a slum area called Moonwalk I have been told that it is a dangerous place to be by local people
11) The photos of the rooms on hotels.com are not accurate
12) The aircon is very noisey
13) There is one PC in the reception with internet access speed is like dial up
14) The breakfast plates are small portions are small

Room Tip: Dont stay forget this bit sorry.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank James32x
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was booked the room looking for a place to crash on overnight connection in Manila. Hotel very close to the airport, but unfortunately on the "other side" of the town. That unfortunately is influencing a taxi ride fare.
Very basic standard. My room had a view overlooking the airport. For plane spotters - a place to be. But not the noise from the airport was making impossible to sleep at all. Jut around 2:00 after midnight, hundreds of roosters form the nearby households are getting awake, and they are no shy at all to keep on announcing this to the world very frequently. The noise was intense and very frustrating. Along with a cab fare and impossible conditions to sleep, I would recommend to forget about the view and be concern with what hotel should be about - a good night sleep. Do yourself a favour - look for some other place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Jack B
Gurgaon
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Purely for people looking for an economical accomodation close to the Manila airport.
The location of the hotel is in some by-lanes& is quite shady. However, considering the price-point, they do provide for decent amenities like WiFi, breakfast, etc ! Also, there are some local restraunts at walking distance which one can opt for lunch/ dinner !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed here 1 night, where given early check in free of charge when we didn't even request as we arrived at 5am and it wasn't a problem we where also aupragred to a better room free of charge. Staff very nice and helpful.

Don't understand the complaints of it being far away from the city center, ys it is but ultimately it's obviousely there to service the airport and yes it's a 3km taxi ride but it's one of the cheapest in the area.

Room was ok, no real complaints to be honest it is what it is!!

Either pre organise the hotels airport shuttle or get a metered taxi, DO NOT under any circumstances use the un metered taxi boothe outside the departure gate, we did and got ripped off!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank GaretheMoz
Ozamiz City, Philippines
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel didn't mention upon booking that we are going to pay for the parking fee of their shuttle to pick us up at the airport. Also, this is really far from the airport. I don't know why you always show this "hotel" in the airport area. Really wrong information! And when we got to the hotel, it didn't really look like a hotel at all. Lousy. So many paperworks. So many things to fill out and sign. Who would wanna do that especially if you just had a 24 hour flight? When we got to the room, it is the worst. We were given one bed, so my mom and I ended up sharing one bed. The headboard fell off as soon as I sat on the bed. It has a kitchenette and the sink is ugly, with cheap materials. We couldn't move at all because we were exhausted. We just want to rest. But FYI, never staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Che D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paranaque
DG Budget Hotel Salem
Nichols Airport Hotel
Nichols Airport Hotel
#12 of 17 in Paranaque
Kabayan Hotel Pasay

Been to Isabelle Royale Hotel? Share your experiences!