“Family atmosphere and a great massage!”

Rodello's Bed & Breakfast
and 1 more site!
Rodello's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 13 Paranaque B&B and Inns
Sherfield On Loddon, United Kingdom
“Family atmosphere and a great massage!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I hired the ensuite room at Rodello's during a 9 hour stop-over in Manila.

Carmen (an ex-Nurse who used to live in Chicago) and her family could not have been more obliging, collecting me from and carrying me back to the airport at prices that are well below other airport car services locally. The room was large and immaculately clean, and the memoryfoam mattress was inviting. I plan to use them whenever I pass through Manila in future, as they charge a fraction of the large hotels nearby.

There are several nice small local restaurants nearby as well, and a BPI bank with an ATM virtually opposite.

The room rate includes an excellent complimentary 1 hour massage at the adjoining spa, which helped me sleep like a baby on my long flight back to London.

I'd describe Rodello's as a true family run B & B - it's not an hotel, but is as good as many in Philippines that market themelves as such. It would be a great place for backpackers to enjoy their first or last night in country I reckon!

See you again in May!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank SVfromUK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here one nightg, before we left the Philippines, that'is why we didn't have too much cash with us abnd wanted to pay with credit card. Each time there was a 12,5% extra charge. I don't think that cost the hotel so much to accept credit card. The other irritating thing was the airport transfer. Weeks before they were trying to push their own transport service claming the Manila taxi drivers to be extremely dodgy, but because it was so much more expensive than the normal taxi drive, we rather chose to take a normal taxi, which was fine because we asked the taxi driver to switch on the taxi meter. After our arrival the lady at the reception was trying to sell this transport service again, but I asked her instead if she could call a taxi before we leave. She said yes and and afterwards she claimed that she tried it twice but it's impossible because all the taxi drivers were busy. I asked her again, I was standing next to her and the phone call seriously didn't take more than 4 seconds. But we were in such hurry that we got their transport service, which cost with extra credit card charge. 770 pesos and the normal taxi drive the day before 200 pesos. That1s why you better arrange a taxi the day before and say the driver he gets 100 pesos extra.
It's an ok hotel I would recommend it for a very short stay, it's close to the airport but far away from everything else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank iistvan86

Travelers are raving about these Paranaque hotels

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 26, 2013

It was a last minute decision. I was looking for a place near the airport since my boyfriend's flight will be arriving midnight. I would have stayed at Remington Hotel (Resorts World) which has the same deal but I already had a bad experience there (see previous review).

Booking was made over the phone. And payment tru online deposit (bank). It was all smooth and Ms. Carmen (owner) was very helpful with the directions to the place. I also used their arport pick up service though very pricey for 500 pesos (12USD) beacuse they were really close to the airport but their location is residential and not much cabs ply their area.

The experience is really like staying in a big house with an inhouse nanny and driver. They have a kitchen which you can use to reheat food or make coffee. They have cable tv. The room we stayed is big enough to walk around and for our stuff to place. The airconditioning is not cold enough. Not much view since it's a residential area. There were some restaurants that are walking distance to the place. And a 24/7 convenience store in the corner.

It was a pleasant stay but it could have been better. The rate is actually pricey. I could have stayed in a cheap hotel or a better motel for less the price. Since we checked in late anyways.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank WanderFool79
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We just stayed for 2 nights, but it was a night to remember, with the hot shower, the big comfy bed, coffee/breakfast ....and of course the drop off to the airport. Staffs are very polite and they're from my province...Bicol!! The body massage was amazing plus the manicure and pedicure ..a real treat for me. The owners are like my friends, we came early but they let us stay until its time for us to check in. So i have time to bond with my relatives/family who were way ahead of us. The staffs are all ready to help esp. the guy who carried our luggage to the second floor, must be heavy!! The price is just right especially we are 3 and my other daughter is a special need. Very convenient to the airport, no need to worry about getting a cab..the driver is ever ready!! Thank U Mr and Mrs Rodello, you made our stay safe and healthy!! Pat, Liz and Lawrie...from Mississauga, On.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pat Bel Pol B
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed February 24, 2013

First of all if you pay by credit card you have to pay 12.5% extra. It was the end of our trip (our final night) so it didn't make much sense to take out more cash. It is in an area which has nothing so there was no chance of us taking out money anywhere nearby. The airport transfer is a rip-off. They emailed us asking if we would like to be picked up for 650 pesos (for one person, 2 people cost more). When we took a metered taxi to the place it cost us 210 pesos, and the taxi driver took the long route trying to make extra cash. When we checked out in the morning there were no taxis so we had no choice but to have them bring us to the airport for 600 pesos, which cost us 750 pesos because we were paying by credit card.

I've never heard of a place that charges so much for credit card payments is this even legal?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank pmdalvarez
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed here for one night on my way through Manila to Legazpi. I chose Rodello's because it was near the airport and because they took major credit cards. It IS close to the airport. I'll bet you could throw a rock from the front door and it would land on airport property. But it is MILES from any terminal because you have to drive around for a half hour to get to the airport. It is NOT close. Don't stay here for that reason. The hotel also charges for airport transfer. $15US to pick you up and then you find out it is $20 to take you back. It cost me $50 to stay there one night, and $35 to get there. I didn't take a normal taxi because many reviews said that the place is difficult to find and I believe it. They charge way too much for airport transfer. They DO take a credit card, but they charge 12% extra. Now I have been many places that charge 1% to 3%. I have never been to a place that charges 12% to use a credit card. So I made a mistake and paid with some of the US dollars that I brought along. This would turn out to be a mistake. Most of the places I traveled subsequently were difficult places to get more cash. There were either no ATMs, or the banks were closed because of the Easter holiday. Because I had used some of my cash at Rodello's, I was left short the rest of the trip. The place itself is rustic. The lights in the room didn't work. How hard is it to replace a bulb? The breakfast was as good as the lights. Honestly, I would avoid this place. It was a rip-off from the start. They are more interested in money than customer service. Fortunately it was the beginning of my trip and I had wonderful experiences with the Philippines afterward. I'm glad this was not the last place I spent the night there.

Room Tip: It will take you a half hour to get to this place. Find somewhere else even though it isn't &quo...