“Well situated for the airport”

Nichols Airport Hotel
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Paranaque
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I had a few flights in and out of Manila and this hotel was a good place to stay overnight between flights. Rooms were a good size, well equipped and clean. Staff were helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank StuJT

Reviewed February 3, 2009

On our way to Boracay from Hong Kong we had to stay one evening in Manilla. Since we were arriving after midnight and getting up for an early morning flight our hotel was chosen based on prozimity and cost. Although we reached our goal, the hotel was both cheap and close, I'd like to let others know what they might be in store for. If your on a budget and just need a place to rest your head this will do however if you have just a hint of a standard then you should find another place. Hope this helps.

Pros:

Friendly staff
Close to airport
Inexpensive

Cons:

Terrible area - as soon as we got there, we were on the elevator with another guest who just walked in from a short trip to 7-11 and told us it was a shady neighborhood. this came from a big guy who i'm guessing could do some damage if he were to get into a fight.

Uncomfortable bed - don't expect a Heavenly mattress here, ultra firm but if you're tired enough you'll eventually fall asleep. no covers only a sheet, which is plenty considering the climate.

Uninvited guests - mosquitoes and gnats were circling as we slept, although we didn't need the sheet for warmth it came in handy as a mosquito net.

Room service - they had a menu and offered room service but we didn't eat there.

Room & Bathroom condition - old, rusty, luke warm shower water

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TexTravel
Reviewed November 17, 2008

Nichols is a great Hotel to spend a night in while connecting fights. The staff is friendly and professional. There is a roof top bar with a nice view and a basic restaurant. It is close to the Mall of Asia and you can avoid some of the traffic by staying at the Nichols. The rooms are sparsely decorated, but quiet and the beds comfortable. Both rooms we stayed in were perfectly clean. Free bottled water is given a check in.

It is not Nichols fault, but a large Mall across the street entered bankruptcy and now sits derelict. The good news is that the location is quiet. The bad news is that the area around the well lit hotel is dark and uninviting.

Cab fare from / to airport $4 to $10. Cab fare to the Mall of Asia $3 to $5. The Hotel has an association with local cab drivers who are fine, but be careful not to accept any friendly offers to exchange money at a "place that has better rates than the airport" or go anywhere else out of the way. Accepting these offers ends up doubling the cab fare and usually isn't a bargain.

We stayed at Nichols our first night in the Philippines and came back through the last night before our departure. We will make this hotel our default choice because of its cleanliness, convenience and price.

Try travelasia.com, or Google to find links to booking information.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank WeLove2Fly
Reviewed November 11, 2008

We just arrived from a late night flight from China so we had to look for a safe, clean hotel near the airport because we had another flight to catch for Cebu City the following day. My friend recommended this hotel. I was happy to know that they are just located next to a hospital which was very convenient for us since my mom just recovered from a medical treatment in China. We were treated well by the staff, in fact they had a wheel chair ready for my mom who was more than happy to use it as she was still very weak! I really appreciated this service coz i didn't have to worry about renting a wheelchair!
I also liked their rooms and the food was okay so we didn't have to buy food outside!
To all the staff of Nichols Hotel, thank you for a most unforgettable stay! Although my mom passed away a month ago i will never forget the great accommodation. More power to you!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Pattymae
Reviewed August 14, 2008

We arrived in Manila at 11:00pm and was able to get out of the Airport at around 12:00 midnight. We checked in at past midnight at Nichol's Airport Hotel. I was hoping that after a long 18 hours of flight from the USA, that I will be able to get a warm shower. There was no hot water so I informed the front desk. Until we checked out at 4:00am, there's was still no hot water and I still informed the front desk.

When I booked online at Asia Travel, it says Superior Room Only, three occupants, one room, extra bed. We did not get the extra bed either but we were charged for extra bed. I contacted Asia Travel and was told that they forwarded my compaint to Nichols Management. It's been over a week now and I haven't heard a word from them.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank nicholsjuly08
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I arrived late in the evening (around 2330 hrs) and was given a warm welcome. The staff was friendly and attentive. I stayed in the Superior Room, which was fine as I was staying only one night, for I had an early morning flight to Tacloban City. The room was clean, albeit simple, the water in the shower was warm and the TV worked well. Wake up call on schedule and breakfast was available (but didn't have time), but only grabbed coffee. I will be back...

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank SFCMED
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I arrived to Manila from Iloilo almost past 7pm and just want to look for a place nearby...considering that i'm alone and leaving the country as early the next day. Found this place, nice boutique hotel..noticed from the roomboy who automatically took care of my luggage, to a welcoming smile of the reception..not bad. I took the standard room with two single beds, very clean and cozy, complete with towels and toiletries. All in all i'm just quite satisfied with the place and service. Just not for the posh type. Good place for good service...

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank luvchoco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paranaque
Red Planet Manila Aseana City
#11 of 18 in Paranaque
The Mabuhay Manor
The Mabuhay Manor
#7 of 33 in Pasay

Been to Nichols Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!