“Great service!”

Nichols Airport Hotel
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Paranaque
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The hotel is convenient. Close to the airport and only a tricycle or jeepney ride to Baclaran Market. The rooms are clean and comfy. The family room with 3 beds are big! The restaurant food is ok. What made this place stand out, in my opinion is the service of the staff. Everyone was so accomodating and friendly. There are a few people who stand out namely Elyboy, Ping, Paolo... but most of the people who work there really went out of their way to make sure we feel welcome.

We did have an incident where our last night there the restaurant... on my birthday in fact, we ordered garlic shrimp which looked like nothing we expected so we sent it back. The manager at the time just cancelled the order (or so we thought) but we found the charge on our bill when we got home to Canada. Oh well, lesson learned. Check and recheck your bill.

This hotel is nothing exciting but if you're looking for convenience, then it's a good place to stay the night or two before you fly out.

Room Tip: family room is huge
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I will make this short...there is a "crazy Carl" that works in the coffe shop. Mumbles and walks from one side to the other...and looks at the ladies...he creeped us out. No pick up from Terminal 3 even though they had our reservation...took a yellow taxi..130 pesos...not the 300 they charge...They had to "hunt" for our reservation...never did find it...I gave them our copy...and to top it off I needed a wake up call at 1:30am to catch a flight back to the states. 1:30 came and no wake up call...I had set my alarm anyway. When i asked them about it...they looked bewildered...the same guy that checked me in was there I an saw him write it down on our ticket. He said I did not request a wake up. I asked for the ticket...when he seen the request he said nothing..I asked if he remembered writing it down...he left the front desk and did not return. I was not happy with this place....if you stay here...good luck!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ray P
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is suitable for 1 or 2 night stay. It's clean & very basic. It takes less than 20mins to get to the airport. I have a connecting flight the next morning so the hotel location is very convenient. When i arrived, I didn't see my name on any signage so I was quite worried & call the hotel. The driver & hotel representative pick me up in a maxi cab.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I find this Hotel Nichols Paranaque Manila very unfair with its refund policy. I had booked my son a room at this hotel on a transit flight from Honolulu. The flight with Philippine airlines was delayed for several hours and ended up being an 15 hour delay . When I rang to cancel the room I had booked they would not make a decision until the manager made a decision on this because it was like 3 hours past mid night and cancellation date.. It took 3 more phone calls to find they would not refund for any reasonable reason. This situation was totally out of our hands and it was never like he did not wish to stay there for any reason than he would not make check in the day that was booked. I cant even email this hotel personally as they don't have an email address. This hotel is over priced for what it offered anyway as my son had already had one night coming over and said it was rather ordinary . I would not recommend it to anyone- be careful.

Room Tip: Don't stay here even though its close to the airport, there are much better quality hotels close...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Leanne G
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The only thing this hotel has going for it is that it's near the airport. The rooms are basic, with a minimal cleanliness, but a strange smell pervaded the entire hotel. If you need a place to nap or shower between flights, this will do. It seemed safe enough inside, but the streets outside should be avoided. Not much more to say about this place. I do think I'd stay at a newer hotel if I had another layover in Manila.

Room Tip: Good room? Ha!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel twice already. April 2011 & September 2012. But the staffs specifically the front liners did not notice at all. I wish they are able to recognize repeat guests at least to extend personalized service.
The bell attendants & f&b staffs are very accomodating & helpful. They are way too charming to be trusted & you can go on exchanging stories with them.
The receptionists keep themselves so busy that they never establish eye to eye contact and most of the time limit themselves from further conversations with their guests.
The hotel areas are clean & tidy. The bar at the top is a nice place to catch up a short drink to pass the night. WIFI is strong only at the Lobby area & the bar at the top. i am wondering why the signal is so poor inside their rooms? Where they even promotes WIFI access in the whole vicinity.
Easy access to the airport, MOA & Baclaran Church. Nearby food chains, local market & 7/11 shops are easy to access.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeck B
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is located in a bad area you dont want to leave the hotel on foot its fine if your just passing through waiting for a flight the food was good thy have a roof top resturant with a good view but expensive for the location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paranaque
Red Planet Manila Aseana City
#11 of 18 in Paranaque
The Mabuhay Manor
The Mabuhay Manor
#7 of 33 in Pasay

Been to Nichols Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!