“This old church thankfully keeps classic beauty” 4 of 5 bubbles

Private Half-Day Tagaytay Tour from Manila
Bali, Indonesia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“This old church thankfully keeps classic beauty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

we weren't specifically planning to check out this church. We were looking for parol manufacturers known to be around the area. But since we were already there, I decided to revisit the old church, famous of the bamboo organ. My only other visit here was as part of a school field trip as a child. It was time to reboot my memory. The church and the bamboo organ have kept its old world patina. The whole church, constructed with old stones has kept its classic, old world style. Thank goodness the group that is in charge of the buildings understands the value of old architecture. Even the church decorations inside and in front of the church doors, were tastefully done and have reinforced the old world classic elegance. When other churches have been garishly redone, this church has retained its aura.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank JavaMama58

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Bamboo Organ home in Las Pinas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

If you want to see the famous organ made of bamboo, then visit this church..
People here are very friendly.
Beside the church is a school.
Try to attend a sunday morning mass

Visited August 2012
1 Thank arielpayat
Amsterdam
454 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 660 helpful votes
“A National Cultural Treasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

In this Church, Saint Joseph parish church, is the home of the famous Bamboo Organ. It was a wonderful experience to have been here. I passed here many times in my school days, since i stayed in Pilar Village in that time and did not even give a glance what's inside.

Now i made a point to give time to see it for myself the country's pride. It was amazing though there was no concert or mass in that time but the mere sight of it was already a nice moment for me. I can associate that with the great piped organs in some churches in Germany, but ours is made of bamboo and it is of unique materials. I invite you to see whole structure for yourself.

Visited June 2012