“My well-loved hotel”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Manila, Philippines
“My well-loved hotel”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Stayed again here, this time with the family. It was my dad's post bday celebration. I actually stayed here 5 years ago. I actually booked the night before and after my wedding. I had such a pleasant stay that we decided to book the hotel again. It was quite pricey but we got what we paid for. There was free parking and all staff were so courteous, always smiling and very accomodating. You'd always feel at home. Their buffet breakfast too was good. The selection was okay. My nephews loved it. They indulge in their cereals and congee. I munched on their bacon!!!

The rooms are all well made up. Pillows, matresses and blankets were all so soft and comfy. THe bathrooms are A-okay too. The kids loved doing the bath tub soaks!!! The couches though need replacement. :) And their televisions!!! Wow! LCD!

They have free parking too at the basement for hotel guests.

They have also two swimming pools. One located at the top most floor which to my thinking, no body goes swimming there. :) And the other one on the fourth of fifth floor. You just have to find your way thru the high level parking. From the elevator you'd see it's a parking lot but actually there are directions leading you to the pool. It's nice although kids would have to be assisted by adults. No kiddy pool.

Plus the hotel is right across Filinvest. Walking distance!!! That's where we ate lunch and dinner to save on costs. :) Plus we were able to do some shopping as well.

Overall, it was a truly a nice stay. My dad enjoyed his post bday celebration. We actually all enjoyed!!!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank dreamy_traveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
milwaukee
Reviewed September 15, 2009

the complete hotel alabang i am sure to call home again when i need to be in manila.from being close enough to manila,business parks,is perfect to "stay out of manila",when in
manila,,,safe walk to festival mall(big)multi restaurants,although used the shuttle to towne center mall(nicer) for shopping/eating,etc.many americanized restaurants,and groceries. the suite had a purposeful,resourceful kitchenette,dining counter to help jet lag times.three angles of decent window views!every employee,and outlet was perfect level of courtesy and privacy,top floor was top class,and secluded,drinks were awesome,even found time for the 2nd pool,which was cleaned upon expressing interest!,,,,all in all the five star quality,while still maintaining a human touch,,,,,many thanks to ms.elvie,,,,night mgr.provided all requests superbly.(wedding engagement)

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank eldonaldoMilwaukee
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2008

We stayed in this hotel for two nights before we went back to SIngapore after our annual vacation in the Philippines.

I was surprised to see two rooms inside our suite. My two kids were so happy having their own room to themselves and having to watch cable tv non stop with their friends.

Locationwise its quite far from Makati and Manila but its near the Festival Mall which is one of the bigger malls in Metro Manila.

It has a roof top restaurant which has an infinity pool. I would definitely consider this hotel when we go back for vacation.

• Liked — very spacious room
  • Disliked — a little bit far from business area
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank betty l
Northern Virginia
Reviewed July 19, 2008

I stayed in the Vivere for one week in mid-July for business. It took about 25 minutes from the hotel at 10:30 PM on a Saturday. Upon arrival, members of my group were checked in quickly at the front desk and escorted to our rooms. I had a suite with a separate bedroom containing a queen size bed, built-in wardrobes (with safe), dresser, programmable A/C unit, and TV. The living room had the desk set up for business travelers, including high-speed internet connection (not WIFI and not free), sofa, luggage rack (great for temporary storage), coffee table, dresser, and programmable A/C. Lots of popular American shows on TV. The semi-separate dining and kitchenette area had a dining table with chairs and the kitchenette had a small fridge and sink. The bathroom wasn't overly large, and there wasn't much space on the vanity, but it's not cramped. Bathroom amenities included the usual soap, conditioning shampoo, body wash, shower cap, comb, shaving kit, toothbrush and paste, cotton buds and balls, etc. If you want moisturizer, you have to mark it on your guest preference card.

The Vivere allows you to customize your stay to an extent. In the rooms is a guest preference card where you can ask to have higher wattage light bulbs installed (and once they were, there is plenty of light in the rooms), dishes and cutlery, burners, pots and pans and cooking utensils, etc. It even asks you how you want certain areas of your room/suite cleaned (i.e. tidy desk area, don't touch a thing on the desk, etc.) I marked my card with my preferences and by the time I got back the next day, everything had been taken care of.

When I arrived, there was a fruit plate waiting for me, which was refreshed close to the end of my stay. As a single guest, I received two bottles of complimentary water per day. Every evening, a complimentary plate of savory and sweet canapes was delivered to my room and left on the dining room table. Since I am not a big eater (and it was SO hot outside!), this served as an adequate evening meal for me.

The public areas are nice. The lobby is large and air-conditioned with tea and coffee available throughout the day. (Muffins in the morning for a guest on the go.) Hallways and elevators are not air conditioned, and it gets warm, which encourages one not to linger in those areas. The 31st floor is an open air bar/restaurant area. Breakfast is served here from 5:30 to 10:30 AM. The buffet is extensive, with a mixture of American, European, Asian, and Filipino offerings. There are all the makings of a continental breakfast of fresh tropical fruit, yogurt, cold cuts and salad makings, bread and pastries; on the Asian table was (fresh) ramen noodle soup, shui mai (dim sum), and everything you need for a bowl of congee. There is also an omelette station and chafing dishes full of the hearty American and Filipino breakfast dishes, along with Italian pastas and German sausages. The generous breakfast is enough to get you through most of the day! I didn't eat there for lunch, but in the evenings the bar served an extensive list of drinks and the restaurant, mostly Italian in influence, was open late. I didn't find the restaurant that great, but my companions loved it and wouldn't eat elsewhere.

The hotel has a 24/7 shuttle that will take you to close-by attractions, all of which appear to be huge shopping malls. The Festival Supermall is a one minute walk (practically across the street) from the hotel and has just about everything in its massive four story structure (take your kids there if they are bored). About 5 minutes by shuttle (walkable if it weren't so terribly hot) are the Alabang Town Center, an upscale pedestrian mall with many American restaurants and American and European stores), and the Westgate, which seems to have an endless number of nice restaurants and cafes.

On the day before your departure, you'll receive your guest comment card, as well as a departure card asking you if you need transportation to the airport and a wake-up call. (It took about 20 minutes to the airport at 4 AM on a Saturday.)

Service is very good at the hotel. In fact, I found it a little smothering, but I think this is the Philippine way, as I found the people to be very friendly (something many Americans will appreciate) and the service reflected that attitude. The hotel is rated as a five star, although I don't think it is comparable to places like the Four Seasons and the Mandarin Oriental, so I would say it is a very nice four or four plus star hotel. But I would also say that fairly late on the night before an early morning departure, our transportation to the airport (not arranged by the hotel) was all screwed up and I needed help with making calls to fix this. The front desk was very helpful in helping me make the local calls and dealing with the flurry of changed wake-up call times that our new arrangements engendered. Whether I would have received such friendly, kind assistance at a premium five star hotel is questionable.

If you are staying in the Martinlupa City area, Vivere is an excellent choice.

• Liked — Amenities, service, suite-style accomodation, breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — An hour south of Manila with the traffic
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Anon100
england
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Stayed here for a week on a business trip. Trip from the airport took an hour at evening 6.30, but should have taken about 20 minutes. Check in and out was swift, no problems at all, all staff were very couteous and always helpful. Room was clean and well maintained, only real gripe was the wardrobes had a musky smell.. not great for your clothes.. i had a double bed with a seperate area for a kitchen , large fridge , sink microwave etc, 2 tv's, The bar on the 31st floor was accomadating, even if you have to spend 150pesos as a min, this was easily achieved with a couple of drinks, a beer was about 90 pesos, not outrageous at all. excellent view over the city, with a nice breeze, eat here a couple of times in the evening, both times I was well looked after and the food was of a good quality, Breakfast was plentiful, either fried or cerials etc.. It was very close for work, safe to walk around locally at night, big mall nearby but not much else, Alabang town centre was a short ride away , with bars , restaurants etc.. The hotel also has a gym on the 31st floor, air conditioned, not very big, has 3 running machines and a multi gym, ok for a short workout, the pool was on the 4th floor, when I got out of the lift, thought i was in the car park and turned back, went back the next day and found it, walk thru the car park and there it is, not the biggest, but on a hot day, i can imagine it would be nice for a refreshing dip. all in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business