“Great hotel in Martinlupa”
Review of Vivere Hotel

Vivere Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Northern Virginia
“Great hotel in Martinlupa”
Reviewed July 19, 2008

I stayed in the Vivere for one week in mid-July for business. It took about 25 minutes from the hotel at 10:30 PM on a Saturday. Upon arrival, members of my group were checked in quickly at the front desk and escorted to our rooms. I had a suite with a separate bedroom containing a queen size bed, built-in wardrobes (with safe), dresser, programmable A/C unit, and TV. The living room had the desk set up for business travelers, including high-speed internet connection (not WIFI and not free), sofa, luggage rack (great for temporary storage), coffee table, dresser, and programmable A/C. Lots of popular American shows on TV. The semi-separate dining and kitchenette area had a dining table with chairs and the kitchenette had a small fridge and sink. The bathroom wasn't overly large, and there wasn't much space on the vanity, but it's not cramped. Bathroom amenities included the usual soap, conditioning shampoo, body wash, shower cap, comb, shaving kit, toothbrush and paste, cotton buds and balls, etc. If you want moisturizer, you have to mark it on your guest preference card.

The Vivere allows you to customize your stay to an extent. In the rooms is a guest preference card where you can ask to have higher wattage light bulbs installed (and once they were, there is plenty of light in the rooms), dishes and cutlery, burners, pots and pans and cooking utensils, etc. It even asks you how you want certain areas of your room/suite cleaned (i.e. tidy desk area, don't touch a thing on the desk, etc.) I marked my card with my preferences and by the time I got back the next day, everything had been taken care of.

When I arrived, there was a fruit plate waiting for me, which was refreshed close to the end of my stay. As a single guest, I received two bottles of complimentary water per day. Every evening, a complimentary plate of savory and sweet canapes was delivered to my room and left on the dining room table. Since I am not a big eater (and it was SO hot outside!), this served as an adequate evening meal for me.

The public areas are nice. The lobby is large and air-conditioned with tea and coffee available throughout the day. (Muffins in the morning for a guest on the go.) Hallways and elevators are not air conditioned, and it gets warm, which encourages one not to linger in those areas. The 31st floor is an open air bar/restaurant area. Breakfast is served here from 5:30 to 10:30 AM. The buffet is extensive, with a mixture of American, European, Asian, and Filipino offerings. There are all the makings of a continental breakfast of fresh tropical fruit, yogurt, cold cuts and salad makings, bread and pastries; on the Asian table was (fresh) ramen noodle soup, shui mai (dim sum), and everything you need for a bowl of congee. There is also an omelette station and chafing dishes full of the hearty American and Filipino breakfast dishes, along with Italian pastas and German sausages. The generous breakfast is enough to get you through most of the day! I didn't eat there for lunch, but in the evenings the bar served an extensive list of drinks and the restaurant, mostly Italian in influence, was open late. I didn't find the restaurant that great, but my companions loved it and wouldn't eat elsewhere.

The hotel has a 24/7 shuttle that will take you to close-by attractions, all of which appear to be huge shopping malls. The Festival Supermall is a one minute walk (practically across the street) from the hotel and has just about everything in its massive four story structure (take your kids there if they are bored). About 5 minutes by shuttle (walkable if it weren't so terribly hot) are the Alabang Town Center, an upscale pedestrian mall with many American restaurants and American and European stores), and the Westgate, which seems to have an endless number of nice restaurants and cafes.

On the day before your departure, you'll receive your guest comment card, as well as a departure card asking you if you need transportation to the airport and a wake-up call. (It took about 20 minutes to the airport at 4 AM on a Saturday.)

Service is very good at the hotel. In fact, I found it a little smothering, but I think this is the Philippine way, as I found the people to be very friendly (something many Americans will appreciate) and the service reflected that attitude. The hotel is rated as a five star, although I don't think it is comparable to places like the Four Seasons and the Mandarin Oriental, so I would say it is a very nice four or four plus star hotel. But I would also say that fairly late on the night before an early morning departure, our transportation to the airport (not arranged by the hotel) was all screwed up and I needed help with making calls to fix this. The front desk was very helpful in helping me make the local calls and dealing with the flurry of changed wake-up call times that our new arrangements engendered. Whether I would have received such friendly, kind assistance at a premium five star hotel is questionable.

If you are staying in the Martinlupa City area, Vivere is an excellent choice.

• Liked — Amenities, service, suite-style accomodation, breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — An hour south of Manila with the traffic
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank Anon100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
england
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Stayed here for a week on a business trip. Trip from the airport took an hour at evening 6.30, but should have taken about 20 minutes. Check in and out was swift, no problems at all, all staff were very couteous and always helpful. Room was clean and well maintained, only real gripe was the wardrobes had a musky smell.. not great for your clothes.. i had a double bed with a seperate area for a kitchen , large fridge , sink microwave etc, 2 tv's, The bar on the 31st floor was accomadating, even if you have to spend 150pesos as a min, this was easily achieved with a couple of drinks, a beer was about 90 pesos, not outrageous at all. excellent view over the city, with a nice breeze, eat here a couple of times in the evening, both times I was well looked after and the food was of a good quality, Breakfast was plentiful, either fried or cerials etc.. It was very close for work, safe to walk around locally at night, big mall nearby but not much else, Alabang town centre was a short ride away , with bars , restaurants etc.. The hotel also has a gym on the 31st floor, air conditioned, not very big, has 3 running machines and a multi gym, ok for a short workout, the pool was on the 4th floor, when I got out of the lift, thought i was in the car park and turned back, went back the next day and found it, walk thru the car park and there it is, not the biggest, but on a hot day, i can imagine it would be nice for a refreshing dip. all in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank cadpip23
Katy, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2007

I stayed here twice (one week each time) over a three week period. Each time getting a different room.

Good points:

- Service; the people working in the hotel are all first class.

- Breakfast each day in the roof restaurant was excellent (good selection)

- Rates; pretty good for Manila

- Location; close to offices, a mall & some restaurants.

- Room service; good food & reasonably priced (try the burger)

- Free local shuttle

Bad Points:

- The traffic noise almost 24 hours per day

- Very dark rooms even with all the lights on.

- Bathroom soap etc (where do they find such horrible stuff)

- No air con in the hall ways

- The rooms look worn & need renovating.

- Distance from Makati (no night life in the area) & the airport. Traffic on the highway is brutal.

I believe the hotel if renovated has some good potential but now staying for only afew days is long enough. Longer than a week, sorry no way??

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Traffic Noise
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
6 Thank Superbuyer
Las Piñas
Reviewed July 24, 2007

My future wife and I stayed in Vivere in two occassions and we can't have enough of how cozy and nice the place was.

Vivere will always be special to us, because the first time we stayed there last February 18, 2006 was the day I proposed to her.

We also stayed there October of 2006 to celebrate our 2nd year anniversay and the experience was the same. As a matter of fact, it enhanced our appreciation of the place.

The room we stayed in was extremely nice and clean. The staff was very friendly on both occassion.

Because of our previous experiences, when we were planning the bridal suite for our wedding this coming December 2007, we did not have second thoughts of chosing Vivere. The hotels in Manila are nice, and we have had experiences staying in them as well. But comparing them with Vivere is like comparing 4 stars to 5 stars.

Liked : Ambience, comfort, well stocked, nice restaurant at the rooftop

Disliked : Nothing really

• Liked — Ambience, comfort, well stocked, nice restaurant at the rooftop
  • Disliked — none really
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank suzaku07
Cayuga, New York
Reviewed June 16, 2007

December 2004 thru June 2005

I was booked into the Vivere Suites in Alabang on a 90 day business trip in December 2004. The shuttle driver from the Vivere was very courtious and personable. Little did I know that I would find the same of each and every person associated with this property. It was close to Christmas and the hotel was decked in lights, the Grand lobby with it's broad sweeping staircase, had the most magnificent Nativity scene I have ever layed eyes on. I returned to the US in February 2005, and had to turn around and return to the Philippines 2 weeks later for an undetermined duration; and right back to the Vivere I went! The staff was so very warm, outgoing and efficient, they went out of their way to make me feel at home, so much so that I opted to rent a condo unit for my extended stay. The people, rooms, concierge service, restaraunt / lounge are all world class in my estimation.

I cannot sing the praises of this Hotel property or it's people loud enough. The location is superb with great shopping at the Fetival Mall across the street, and the Alabang Town Center Mall is a 2 minute shuttle (free) ride away, and has some wonderful restaraunts and a more upscale shopping scene.

Because of the length of my stay I have made friends for life with some of the staff. I look forward to returning to the Philippines and will not hesitate to book lodging at the Vivere each and everytime. I emphatically recommend this property to all who are traveling to the Manila area for business or pleasure.

• Liked — clean, comfortable and well stocked
  • Disliked — i can't think of an unpleasant moment or event associated with this property
  • Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank Nashkat
seattle,wa
Reviewed March 2, 2007

we stayed at this hotel last december 07 for couple weeks and I must say, i'm very impressed with the hotel. The Interior are beautiful. The rooms are nicely done and modern although it's a bit small but clean and have all the things you need. The staff are very friendly and very helpfull. We brought an extra matress with us (aerobed) for our 2 kids and one day my local babysitter accidently plug it in the 220V. The aerobed is 115V. We ask the staff for help and they we're able to fix it and the best thing about it is they didn't even charge us for it. The staff are the best...
The food is good. They serve buffet every morning. My kids love hot chocolate and everytime we sit down for breakfast they'll bring my kids their hot chocolate with whipped cream right away without asking them. Great service.
we'll definitely will come back to this place again.

• Disliked — The pool- is too small and infront of everyone, it's right by the restaurant. it's almost like a stage.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank brykayR
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2006

I travel to the area around Vivere for work and always stay there. The staff are (typical for Manila) very courteous, helpul and efficient.

Stay in the Penthouse apartments (Lvl 29 & 30) and you have the best rooms available. Well appointed and clean.

Breakfast and dinner is had at the rooftop restaurant - nice view, nice menu and alway relaxing after a day at work.

• Liked — Staff and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing - is one of the best hotel I have ever stayed in.
  • Tips/Secrets — Seriously, the penthouse is great value for money.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business