Parque Espana Residence Hotel
  • Room Service
$149
Cancelon
$23
All reviewsliving roomteam buildingfree shuttlekitchen utensilsrice cookerhome away from homeshuttle servicerooms are bigbridal showerfamily bondingparking spacefree breakfastsmall poolcommerce centerwalking distancea great stayenjoyed our stay
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed overnight with family, and we're a huge group! We stayed for the New Year and glad we got rooms enough to fit in our family. This is our 2nd time to stay so we're quite familiar with the hotel. And rooms (we got another suite for us since we're that huge) specially the business suite was really huge and beautiful. Wow. Loved the space! Liked it! Some minor observations: It's our first to encounter a hotel who asks for a full payment upon check in! I've been to alot of hotels in and out of the country and never did they ask for a full payment on first meet up with the receptionist. That's something. I hope there's consistency with other hotels because how can the other miscellaneous stuff like the incidentals paid up already on the first day? Well that for me is minor but for other family members that was huge for them because they work for hotel companies too. Then when i was about to rest, i saw boogers sticking on the walls. Housekeeping, hope you can take note of this. It looks very disappointing. Overall, these things did not deter our stay as company and the holidays made our stay much more meaningful. But I hope and pray the hotel can kindly look on these aspects.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Piaaaa
Management response:Responded January 2, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Parque Espana Residence Hotel as your accommodation choice in celebrating the New Year.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel and particularly liked the size of our rooms. It is encouraging as our guest's satisfaction is our first concern.

I regret that the cleanliness of your room disappointed you. Our Executive Housekeeper has noted this and a re-training will be conducted to avoid recurrence of the same mistake.

I am also sorry for the misunderstanding with the Front Office staff upon check-in. Rest assured that we never debit our guest's credit card upon check-in. We only get an approval code from the bank to guarantee our guest's stay. I will take necessary steps to ensure all receptionists are able to explain this clearly in the future.

I do appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and therefore giving us an opportunity to improve.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Parque Espana Residence Hotel.

Operations Manager

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I availed their Holiday promo and booked a 2-BR Premiere for my group's team building from November 30 to December 1. It was such a great deal as the unit is very spacious and the rate already included welcome drinks which could be taken at their rooftop restaurant, Bistro del Cielo (right beside the pool) and buffet breakfast for 3.

Upon checking in, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that we were upgraded to a 2-BR Family, which was good for 4 occupants. The entire unit itself fit 8 adults comfortably though only 2 members of our group actually stayed overnight.

Since our group was fairly large, we kept buzzing guest services to bring up extra plates, utensils and even a VGA cable and their staff members were very efficient in meeting all of our requests.

The unit we stayed in was a bit dated but it was very homey. The kitchen was equipped with a full-sized fridge, electric stove and oven, microwave oven, electric kettle and coffee maker. Cooking and dining utensils were readily available. We requested for a rice cooker and it was immediately brought up to us.

The master's bedroom has a king-sized bed and the second bedroom has two double beds. Only the second bedroom had a tv set in it. The bathroom is shared. The unit also has a utility room which could be converted into a maid's quarter for a minimal fee. The den and the receiving area provided us with ample space to conduct our meeting and activities.

WiFi wasn't free - they were charging Php 100 per device per day. We got conflicting information regarding the number of parking slots we were entitled to so some of us ended up parking on the street. I don't recommend this at all since one of us got an illegal parking ticket when we checked out the next day.

Breakfast was decent but don't expect a grand spread. I did thoroughly enjoy though the white and milk chocolate chip muffin that they served. Delish. The restaurant was cramped with guests so we ended up dining al fresco since it was difficult to move around the buffet area.

Didn't try the following so I couldn't comment on them:
- Gym
- Shuttle service

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to friends and family looking for a spacious and homey hotel. Definitely a more budget-friendly option compared to other establishments of the same class in the Makati/Ortigas areas.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jessikimmycat
ParqueEspana, Operations Manager at Parque Espana Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for choosing Parque Espana Residence Hotel as your accommodation choice and for sharing your appreciation with us.

It was such a delight to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and particularly pleased with the size of our rooms.

I am sorry that you were confused about the parking slot entitlement, this should have been explained to you properly upon check in. Please rest assured that our front office staff were reminded about this.

Your comments on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,

Operations Manager

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I spent 3 months here on business and had a pleasant enough time. I was supplied a washing machine upon request to do my own laundry as I didn't trust the in house laundry service. I did use a laundry service in ATC which was very good and cheap, by the Spa.

The staff were friendly, breakfast was fairly good and the pool/bar on the roof was very pleasant.

Lunch/evening meals were nice but a little bland. Shuttle service sometimes a little slow.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PrideInService
ParqueEspana, Front Office Manager at Parque Espana Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Parque Espana Residence Hotel as your accommodation choice and for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I was pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel. It is encouraging as our guest's satisfaction is our first concern.

I regret that the meals offered in Bistro del Cielo did not meet up to your expectations. This has been carefully noted by our Executive Chef and will be taken into account for the next review of the Menu.

It is feedback such as yours that enables us to reinforce the quality of our service and we really appreciate your constructive comments.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Parque Espana Residence Hotel.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is my second stay in Parque Espana. On this stay the room given us was dusty , and poorly cleaned.The floor was not well cleaned. Within hours my daughter and husband had asthma symptoms. In the middle of the night we had to go and buy medications.
We asked for a change of room and In the morning the management inquired about this but as we were checking out the next day , the added transfers would only provoke more problems, so we made do.
I suggest any one with problems as we did , should think twice about booking here. OR Inform them in advance that the rooms should be kept clean ( a no brainer, as that is what we are supposed to expect).

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lango01
ParqueEspana, Director of Sales at Parque Espana Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Client,

First and Foremost, we would like to thank you for choosing PARQUE ESPANA RESIDENCE HOTEL as venue for your stay.

With regard, to your comment during your stay with us last September, we would like to inform you that an investigation has been made from respective department concerned and indeed, our sincere apology that you find our room dirty upon check in. Our front office staff would like to offer you to transfer to another room apparently, our staff saw a DO NOT DISTURB signage outside the door twice and did not anymore bother you to offer a room transfer.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and we do hope that you can still consider our hotel for your future bookings.

Roselle Marie Antonio
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I spent my birthday here with close friends. I got the 3-bedroom suite that can comfortably fit 5-6 people. There's also a maid's room. Kitchen is furnished with gas range, microwave and ref. They don't have a water dispenser but you have an option to buy a 5-gallon water from the hotel. We cooked some of our food here. The suite has a living room that has a flat screen TV and DVD player. There's also a dining area that can sit 4 people. Our stay included a breakfast voucher for 3 so we went up to the restaurant to take advantage. Quite disappointed with the very limited choices. Taste was ordinary. Parking is free and secured.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
ParqueEspana, Director of Sales at Parque Espana Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Ms. Dumlao,

First and foremost, in behalf of Parque Espana Residence Hotel, we would like to thank you for staying with us last month.
With regard to your concern about our limited choice of breakfast buffet, we are pleased to inform you that our restaurant, Bistro del Cielo - where our buffet breakfast with hot meals are served, and The Lobby Lounge - for continental breakfast, offer different food choices daily from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM.

As such, we would like to inform you that to be able to provide good service for our guests, our Food and Beverage department has provided additional food items for our buffet breakfast starting last September 1, 2013.

Once again, we would like to thank you for choosing Parque Espana Residence Hotel and we hope that you truly enjoyed your stay with us.

Roselle Marie Antonio