“Brilliant value for money”

Parque Espana Residence Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Reviewed July 22, 2011

July 2011 Brilliant space and great service
a one and half bedroom with a maids room along with a kitchen and dining area, just for 4500 peso, brilliant.

The view is a bit of a disappointment, but the proximity to the Festival Mall is a plus.

Room service does not have to many options.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rajeevlewis

Reviewed May 12, 2011

I really like it! specially how the agent described the place i think her name was kathleen, she was nice and very accommodating ! Parque Espana really knows how to employ good and intelligent people!
About the hotel It was very nice decent and has a very nice view of the landscape! for all the travelers out there i really recommend this place, its better than other hotels and for a cheaper prise!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wheel_mann
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I feel sorry for those travelers with terrible to poor reviews because our experience at the Parque Espana was wonderful. We stayed in a one-bedroom apartment on our first stay last year of December then on a two-bedroom apartment last May of this year. Both apartments were very clean and accommodating, we felt bad that we didn't stay longer on our first visit. Even the toilet in the pool area was very clean. There was never a time I saw any of the area was dirty, except the floor at the roof top that requires deep cleaning due to discoloration. They can get rid of the long curtains as well, as they're of no use especially when it's windy. It would be nice if they could add a bit more sun beds and if they could find a way to get rid of ants (their bite stings). The rate is inclusive of breakfast and the selection and quality were okay to good. They only got one restaurant at the roof top and the foods that we had were good to excellent. If you would stay in this place for a longer period and would get tired of dining from the restaurant, you could go to Festival Mall or ATC Mall. The latter is more classy place to go to and there are plenty of choices in that area including an australian Steak House before it- and it's fantastic! The housekeeping department should be watchful on their crockeries as I found some that were already chipped and they should not give these to the guests. It's accessible to the big malls and not too far from the airport. We never had any problem with their shuttle service as it was always there whenever we needed it. The location is in the best spot, very quiet environment and some apartment has a narrow balcony overlooking the city and countryside (Laguna). The positives overweigh the negatives. We love this place and will stay there again on our next trip to the Philippines in 2011. ;)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Filrishnow
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We are still trying to stay at Parque Espana long term. They say they are a residence hotel but can not fill that roll successfully. It is an old hotel that needs some investment to bring it up to today's standards. We had a case of bedbugs which the staff here was reluctant to promptly handle. At present, the gym is in a parking garage, auto exhast fumes, loud noises and no AC. The broadband is not sufficient for the number of guests using. The shuttle system advertised is not reliable. Often the restaurant is "closed" due to private events. We are told more small rooms are being added to an already taxed system. The staff is polite, tries to fill every need but clearly managment is not backing up their claims.
I would say anyone considering staying here look elsewhere to get what is advertised.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tripseyHoustonTX
Reviewed April 10, 2010

We just spent two weeks at the Parque Espana celebrating my Father-in-law's 90th Birthday. Our group had two of the three bedroom suites. The Suites were spacious and kept very clean by the extremely attentive staff. The highlights definitely include the morning breakfast at the rooftop restaurant, Bistro de Cielo, which ranks as my 10 year old's favorite place on Planet Earth. They provide a wonderful "American Breakfast", with a magnificent fruit station (best mangoes I've ever eaten), an Omelet station and a variety of breads, meats and fresh fruit juices all included in the room rate. They also have a lovely rooftop Pool and Bar area. The other highlight to me is the professionalism and quality of the staff. They were extremely helpful to our group, which included a wheelchair dependent older relative. The free shuttle service to the local nearby malls came in handy during our stay, and they also were willing to provide taxi service all over the Manila area for a reasonable charge. Alabang is comparable to a pretty hip, nearby suburban area with several really good restaurants within walking distance. The only drawbacks I had were that 1)they didn't have free WiFi, but charged 300 Pesos for 24 hours of Broadband usage with a graded scale depending upon length of stay; and 2)the Fitness center was more of an afterthought put in a room in the garage with equipment you might find at a yard sale. Overall highly recommended and look forward to staying there again. An extremely good bang for the buck.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank AdoboFan
Reviewed April 2, 2009

I booked Parque Espana for my relatives to stay the night before and after my wedding last 18th December. I booked a total of 6 rooms and my relatives and friends were satisfied with Parque, getting quite a lot of space for the price. The free shuttle service to and fro the malls and hotel nearby came in handy.

The only thing i wasn't happy about was the lack of communication between the front desk staff. I have left specific instructions re the room assignments as some were only staying for a night instead of two and they somehow messed it up which in turn had an effect on settling the payment.

Oh and they charged my friend PhP40 pesos as incidental for a "USED" face towel that went missing in the room. Why would someone take a used facetowel from a hotel...for that amount, one can easily buy a new one.

Overall i would happily recommend Parque Espana to anyone looking for a good, decent priced hotel in the south. :)

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank dcel
Reviewed February 12, 2009

I spent one week there in January 09. I was there to meet a dear friend. We had a one bedroom suite. It had a kitchen, dining, and living room. Just like a small apartment. I found the staff to be curtious and responsive to any of our needs. My only comment is that housekeeping could pay a little more attention to detail in the bathrooms. The breakfast was good every morning with some flucuations in menus. We also enjoyed the one dinner we had there. The rooms were a little dated but I can live with that if the cleanliness standards are under control. All the basic needs for a visitor from the U.S. needs with a reasonable price. I would reccomend it highly as I am a hotel manager myself so I tend to be a bit more critcal than others in these things. My overall star rating would be a 3. The service I experienced is a touch above that. If you are looking for a place that is safe and reasonably priced this hotel should work great for most travelers that need to be in the Alabang/Muntinlupa area

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank royalblush