“Best Ramen I've Tasted in A While”
Review of Ramen Yushoken

Ramen Yushoken
Ranked #2 of 314 Restaurants in Muntinlupa
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Specializes in Tonkotsu (pork bone broth) and Tsukemen (dipping ramen). Noodles made in-house from flour and kansui from Japan.
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

We travelled from Manila to Alabang to taste this talked about ramen house. As far as ramen is concerned this is the best one from the others here in Manila. I tried the shoyu ramen which tasted good. The gyosa was superb while the karaage was normal.
Downside is that the ramen serving is smaller than the others.
I commend the staff who was very friendly.
Note: you have to endure the long line and wait.

1  Thank Pj_rtd
There are newer reviews for Ramen Yushoken

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

I've tried dozens of Ramen places within the metro and I am happy to find Yushoken which serves really great ramen, with very rich soup, near where I live. There are other good ramen places around but Yushoken is like home, it's that one place you'll always go back to. A must-try is their Tantanmen.

1  Thank Cybill Y
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We always order Gyoza with our bowl of Ramen just coz it is the only kind of dumpling (aside from Din Tai Fung's Xiao Long Bao) my husband eats. But there was never none from the Ramen joints we go to that I really loved and would call my favorite. Not until I tried Ramen Yushoken's Gyoza. Juicy, delicous, perfectly seared. So sad that I have to spend Php328 for toll fee alone just to eat them :(

The shoyu tonkotsu ramen was also great. Smooth, creamy. Noodles al dente. Aji tamago was perfectly done as well. We also ordered Chahan along with the karaage. The Chahan was also very good- worth ordering again next time but not the karaage. Ikkoryu's version is way better. Or maybe we can ask them to make it crispier next time.

We loved Ramen Yushoken- but for their Ramen serving, bowl is much smaller compared to other Ramen places we've tried, thus making it more expensive.

1  Thank Loren P
Reviewed August 5, 2014

A lover of Japanese ramen, Yushoken has my vote for being one of the best in town. The texture of the noodles are just right and the broth savory and complex. The Gyoza are a house specialty. I usually order the Tantan-men Ramen. It's got a nice spicy kick. The Chahan (Japanese fried rice) is a favorite. Order a Hitachino White Ale to complete an authentic Japanese ramen experience.

1  Thank djmontano
Reviewed August 5, 2014

There seems to always be a line... But if you're in luck this has to be hands down the most authentic ramen restaurant in Metro Manila. Also try their Gyozas and Karaage ( chicken). You'll be happy if you did! The food is Excellent (5). I could not give the restaurant an over all Excellent grade however because the ambiance and service could use some improvement.

1  Thank SusieSD