“great hotel for a weekend staycation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila

Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Manila, Philippines
“great hotel for a weekend staycation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had a comfortable and enjoyable stay in Crimson Alabang. Hotel is a short drive to dining complexes in Alabang such as Molito and Westgate. There's ample parking space, spacious lobby, and clean rooms and common areas (swimming pool, lobby, etc). We had a great sleep, with the soft and comfortable bed, bed linens and pillows. Toilet and shower area is also clean and well-lighted. Despite being located in an area with high pedestrian and vehicle traffic, there was no street noise as the hotel was located on the higher floors (lobby/reception was on the 4th floor).

Breakfast buffet spread was great, except that the juices are not fresh (just made from powder). Food options for in-room dining is also good, and service was prompt. Reasonably priced too. Complimentary wifi connection was decent. Loved the thick and fluffy bath towels and robes.

Some minor "complaints":
Laundry bag wasn't readily available in our room. We had to call to ask for them. And it took a while for them to be brought to our room, along with the additional complimentary water we requested. There was no sewing kit (in the room or when we requested for it), not even safety pins to address any fashion emergency. I wish the room had better lighting options (brighter central light, or an overhead reading light/lamp), and i wish the lamp on the writing desk was adjustable for more comfort and efficiency.

Overall, will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CrimsonHotelAlabang, Resident Manager at Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear RezC_12
Thank you for staying at Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila.

We are grateful that you enjoyed your stay and took time to share with us your experience during your stay with us. I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments you have made on the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms.

I would like to apologize for the service lapses you narrated and discussed with our Executive Housekeeper your constructive comments mentioned about the room and the amenities. We truly appreciate feedback from our guest in order for us to continuously improve on our product.

We look forward to having you once again as our guest in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Las Pinas, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I booked my husband and I a Deluxe Room at Crimson Hotel for his birthday weekend. We availed of the Chill Weekend Getaway plus Guaranteed Late Check-out promo. Our booking was made via the hotel's official website.

We arrived at the hotel at 5PM to check in. I was aware that deluxe rooms had two twin-sized beds as standard inclusion. Before checking in, I asked the receptionist if there's a room with only one (1) king-sized bed. It's a good thing that there was an available room when she checked from the system; however, it's been recently used by another couple, thus they asked us to wait. I think we had to wait for 20 minutes before we were told that our room is available for occupancy.

Although we only had a few bags for our 3D/2N stay, we had hoped that a bell boy would assist us, but when we were about to go up to our room, no one was available. The security guard assigned at the hotel lobby even saw that we're looking for one, but he turned his back on us, pretending he didn't notice. Eager to check our room out, my husband and I decided to take our stuff by ourselves.

I have learned that the hotel offers a free transport to any place within the vicinity of Filiinvest City. Incidentally, my mother was admitted at Asian Hospital and Medical Center that time, so it was convenient for us to visit her by availing this service (although it's only a 15-minute walk from the hotel). Their drivers were courteous and punctual which is a plus.

Breakfast on my husband's birthday was great. We enjoyed everything we had from their breakfast buffet. When I asked the manager if the hotel offers complimentary gifts for birthday celebrant, she said yes, and my husband was thrilled. That night, a hotel staff brought his birthday cake to our room. It was really good; my husband loved it.

My husband and I watched the last screening of a movie in Alabang Town Center on Saturday night, so we slept in until around 9:00AM. When I called the receptionist to ask what time the breakfast buffet ends, we were informed that it ends at 10:00AM. We immediately changed to our casual clothes to avoid missing breakfast. We arrived at The Eight Restaurant around 9:30AM. We know we're at fault somehow, but there were not so much of a choice in the menu. The dish for bacon was empty. They said they will replenish it, but we're almost done when they did. In fact, some foreigner guy had become irate, too, because he'd been waiting for the salmon platter to get replenished, but it never came. This should not have been the case. Dishes must be replenished even if it's already 10:00AM because some people still come in late.

The room had a nice, fluffy bed. Opposite the bed was an office desk a transient business folk would have appreciated. The bathroom had no tub, but we didn't mind. The air conditioning system was bothersome though. When the A/C was set to 21C, it felt so cold, but when you turn it up to 22C, it was as if there was none. At night, it made an annoying noise which was unnoticeable during the day. My husband personally enjoyed the amenities at the gym because it was clean and sophisticated. The gym was open until 11:00PM which my husband really liked.

We maximized our stay until 7:00PM, and checking out was such a breeze that all we did was surrender the card key.

All in all, it was a great experience, but it could have been better.

Jae of SCATTERBRAIN (www.gorjaeous.com)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Enjoyed our stay, I booked a club floor room which was great. The location of hotel is fabulous and close to the Festival Mall, Skyway for direct toll road access from Filinvest to airport and really great choice of restaurants/bars with live band night life just next door. Thoroughly enjoyed.

Room Tip: The local night life is just a short walk away, great!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

From inquiry to room reservations to arrival to payment, there is one consistent thing our company experienced during our stay in this hotel: and that is we had to WAIT a super long time before they responded to everything.

To sum everything up, we had to wait one month before they responded to our inquiry, (14 rooms and a function room), one and a half month to finalize everything, on the day of our arrival, 2 hours to confirm our reservation and for them to prepare our rooms, and late arrival of our lunch (scheduled at 12:00 NN but arrived at 12:30 PM). On top of all those long waits, I even had a problem during the check-out and final payment. To no surprise, I also had to wait for a couple of hours for them to complete the accurate report of our invoice and deposit payment. They were charging me a wrong incomplete amount so I even had to show them the correct copy of their proposal and the e-mail of the invoice they gave me.

They only gave us a polite apology but no explanation as to why all this happened. I thought that they would make up with a fast service the next day or give us at least an incentive like consumables, incentives, upgraded room, or anything but I was wrong. I expected so much from this hotel but end up being so very disappointed.

Although the ambiance of the hotel feels like a 5-star hotel, the way they handle clients and their services are from it!

Our worst experience:

It took me one and a half month, a hundred phone calls and e-mails before they replied to my inquiry about our company reservation for our sales conference. At first, I didn't mind because when they finally replied they were very courteous and provided the complete details. Our conversation went smoothly 2 weeks before our event even though there were a lot of revisions. We were able to finalize everything (Jan 24, 2014), even the payment, 2 days before our scheduled arrival.

On the day of our scheduled arrival, (2:00 PM, Jan 26, 2014), our manager called me to say that the receptionist could not find our reservation for our company group booking (14 ROOMS). I wondered what could be the problem since every document and payment was complete so I hurried to the hotel. I arrived at around 2:30 PM, Jan 26, 2014. Imagine my shock when I saw my colleagues with their luggage all waiting in the lobby with confused looks on their faces. They arrived at 1:00 PM and since then, they have not yet been given a room because the reception could not find our booking. I immediately hurried to the counter and showed them all the documents they need to confirm our booking and that was the only time they told their manager about the problem. So we had to wait again for them to confirm and prepare our rooms.

I still cant believe they just let their guests wait and wait before they act!!!

Room Tip: Try Vivere Hotel!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Marielle O
CrimsonHotelAlabang, Resident Manager at Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Marielle O.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila appreciates and values your comments in line with our efforts to provide each and every guest a delightful and enjoyable stay.

This is also to express our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences your company had experienced during your stay. We are now implementing corrective measures to address these issues, and are also looking into how we can further improve our services and facilities.

Rest assured that all guests’ comments have been duly noted and have taken in for consideration in aiming to exceed your expectations and to provide the best Filipino hospitality. Please do not hesitate to let us know how we can be of further assistance.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I've stayed in The Crimson in November 2013 and again to celebrate New Year's Eve with my family and grandchildren when we rented two adjoining rooms December 31-January 1, 2014. Service is good from the front desk, the Café Eight, room service and concierge. Rooms are okay, and from where we stayed on the 14th floor, the view was fantastic, but the bathroom is quite small, shower had no enclosure so that if you're not careful, you'd have water all over the bathroom. I like the lobby which is in the 8th floor, thus, very quiet and with very elegant furniture and interiors. The regular dinner buffet has a wide variety of choices and food quality quite good. However, on New Year's Eve, we didn't like the food and the kids didn't eat much. There was a lot of food choices but the quality was not as expected. Breakfast buffet was fine, and the children loved the food. Overall, I'd still choose The Crimson among the hotels in the Alabang area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

The staffs working at this hotel really make you feel welcome and are probably the greatest asset of this property. Every single one of them is friendly and will mostly greet you by placing his or her arm on his or her chest. This hotel has a great deck bar and a good pool and nice cozy rooms. The bed in the room is comfortable for sleeping. There is a cupboard filled with snacks but unlike other 4 or 5 star hotel, there is no fridge or cooler in the room at all. For a so called premium hotel, the bathroom is also very disappointingly small and lack any design.

Additional information that might be helpful is that the hotel lobby is located on the 8th floor and the rooms are located on 9th - all the way up. So, 2 rides on elevators are required to get to the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CrimsonHotelAlabang, Resident Manager at Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear ex8ted,

We are very happy for the commendation you've given to our staff, the deck pool and for the cozy rooms. We have also taken note of your comments on the bathrooms. All our rooms are equipped with a mini-bar refrigerator located in one of the compartments below the writing desk, it is a possibility that you may have just missed out on this.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit!

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Just walking distance to Festival Mall, and free shuttle service was provided around Alabang Area...Best hotel staff from front desk, Bellboy, transportation section, security and housekeeping.I can never ask for more, make my stay comfortable & easy and the free breakfast was so good with so many variety to choose...I will come back on August 2014...

Room Tip: Executive corner room provides better view...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrimsonHotelAlabang, Public Relations Manager at Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Crimson Hotel during the holidays. We appreciate your kind words and feedback and we cannot thank you enough for the appreciation.

We hope to welcome you again in August!

Warm regards,