“New Year's Eve at Crimson”

Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I booked via Agoda and got a good deal. We got the overnight stay at a Deluxe room with breakfast.

Parking is ample so we did not have trouble with that. Also, it's free!

We were aware that it is a peak period so it is expected that there would be a line when checking in. We were lucky to have been approached by one of the front desk staff and asked to sit down so she could prepare the documents for check in. We were advised that our request for a King bed is not available. It was quite funny because we don't need 2 beds since it was just my husband and me. So the front desk staff said she'll check again and a few minutes later, we were informed that there is a room available with King bed but we have to wait for the room to be cleaned and readied. We said ok. We waited for almost an hour but then again we were willing to wait since it is weird to get 2 beds for a couple.

The bed is quite nice, clean and soft. Room is minimalistic but alright. I'll rate it a 4-star but not a 5-star though.
The bathroom is small. The door of the bathroom blocks the way to the toilet bowl.
We had a great view of the fireworks when it struck midnight though since they have a huge glass window near the bed.
Plus point is that they don't have smoking rooms. Since we are non-smokers, we appreciate that the hotel do not allow smoking in rooms.

Alabang/Filinvest though is quite tame compared to other cities in Manila so the fireworks you see is from the farther part of the metro. It's very quiet at night, hubby and I went around town to look for a place to have a snack around 1-2AM but the place is too dark and too quiet. Not the place you would go to for parties.

Breakfast though was just ok. We did not eat much since the food were not very appetizing (ie the mini ensaymada looks unappetizing, color not nice and does not look natural). It was just so-so. Some are bland, even the mini donuts did not taste good. Not much fruit available.

All in all, it was a good stay but not what you expect for a 5-star hotel. I guess because it is quite new, so it still needs lots of improvement especially on the food.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BLSJ122212
Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel a total of 11 nights. I recommend you book online on the hotel's website, since we were able to get over a 60% discount. Stayed in a Premier room with the daily breakfast package. The Premier rooms are basically the corner rooms of the hotel and they are slightly larger than the deluxe rooms. Ate at the restaurant, Cafe Eight, every morning for breakfast. This is the area that needs the biggest improvement and why I am giving the hotel a "Very Good rating instead of Excellent". The breakfast is set up as a buffet. On more than one occasion, the food trays or juice containers would be completely empty and the staff did not replace them in a timely manner. At times it was also very difficulty to get service by the servers. For example, my wife had to get up from the table and approach a server to get coffee after we told a staff member who seated us that we would like some. Another instance, I needed a server, so I got his attention by waving at him. He made eye contact, and then he walked away. The breakfast is about $18 US dollars per person. My advice is NOT the get the breakfast package and eat across the street at Festival Mall where there are plenty of restaurants and it is more affordable. I also have one minor complaint about the cafe in the hotel. The cafe has an espresso machine. After ordering a cafe mocha, the attendant referred me to the pool bar or the hotel lobby. I don't understand how a coffee shop that serves cappuccinos and lattes can't make me a cafe mocha even though other places in the hotel do. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are able to get the 60% discount if you book online and you DO NOT get the breakfast package.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
CrimsonHotelFCM, Public Relations Manager at Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at Crimson Hotel during the holidays. We appreciate your kind words and feedback. We have taken note of your constructive comments in order for us to better serve our valued guests better the future better.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

My family went for an ocular visit of Crimson Hotel on Christmas eve. It is a little off the beaten road but we managed to find it because it is a towering structure that could not be missed if you are already in the area of Filinvest City. There was ample parking space on its upper level, though, rather a dizzying climb to reach it. . What greeted us was the impressive and elegant lobby, tastefully decorated and even decked for the Holiday festivities. Their waiting lounge was cozy since it even had a view of an indoor fountain that was soothing and relaxing. The verdict: my family and i intend to go back to sample the rest of the things that this relatively new hotel has yet to offer.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at Crimson Hotel during the holidays. We appreciate your kind words and feedback. It was indeed our pleasure!

Hotel Management

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We booked two rooms when staying for a wedding at Fernbrook Gardens. This was a great base as the hotel was right across the road from the Festival Mall and a 10 minute car ride to Alabang Town Centre.
Every member of staff that we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and fresh. On our last morning we ordered a Filipino breakfast (PHP480), Eggs Benedict (PHP250) and an Omelette(PHP330) and all were very tasty and reasonably priced.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again if I was in this area again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mooks143
CrimsonHotelAlabang, Public Relations Manager at Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at Crimson Hotel during the holidays. We appreciate your kind words and feedback and we cannot thank you enough for the appreciation.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

By the time we arrive in the ground floor, a bell staff was there to assist us with our luggage to the 8th floor , where the front desk and reception area are located. We were then offered welcome drinks . I can't help but notice the very huge and elegant lobby extending to the receiving area and finally the lounge section. I very much liked the lighting and the exquisite decors. The premiere room that we had was quite small , but amenities are quite functional . i liked the huge flat screen tv with multiple cable channels and a dvd player. The restroom was nice, but what i liked was the bidet in the toilet bowl. I had mixed experiences when i dined at the cafe 8 restaurant for dinner, but it was immediately taken care of. I liked the buffet selection even though it seems quite limited. I liked the breakfast buffet, adequate choices with food tasting good. it was a good thing the place was not chaotic when we dined there. The swimming pool is a nice addition in the 8th floor. I regret not being able to utilize it because of the limited time. Location is excellent, just a 5 minute walk to nearby festival mall . Wireless internet is free and its fast. When i asked for a late check out , they kindly ,obliged. And later did i know that they offer shuttle/ taxi services for guests going to the festival mall, alabang town center and nearby hotels. Very good service by the newest deluxe hotel . My stay was very short, but I am quite impressed , so I am definitely planning to go back..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

* very nice & grand lobby, loved the fixtures
* very friendly staff (forgot her name), warm & accommodating. Late check out was granted, assisted me to print our boarding pass
* large window with city view
* clean room, comfortable bed
* the best feature of the hotel is having your own transpo free around alabang, just proceed to the transpo counter. In a few mins ur on your way, sms them to pick u up. Kudos for providing such service
* breakfast has a wide variety
* i would love to go back to this hotel, oh, pool is also nicely designed

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days. Got to use one of the meeting rooms at the Business Center: very basic and functional. Staff are very accommodating. Stayed at the premier room and it was great. Found some yellow stains on some sheets and towels though. Complimentary breakfast buffet was awesome but is a bit pricey; 998php I think. Located at the heart of Alabang, it was very accessible. Got a free shuttle ride to Alabang Town Center. Awesome!

Room Tip: Write a love letter to housekeeping.