“Excellent hotel - will stay again”

Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Manila, Philippines
“Excellent hotel - will stay again”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a 3-day weekend and decided to have a 'staycation' at Crimson. We've never been here before since this way south of were we live. The hotel might seem far but there are lots of really interesting restaurants in the vicinity -- not to mention some malls. We booked two deluxe rooms, which were spacious, comfortable, and well-designed. Wifi was free too, which is always important to us. The buffet breakfast that comes free with the room is exceptionally good! We definitely can recommend this hotel and look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: The lobby is not on the ground floor but on the 8th floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The first thing we noticed was the very warm reception, despite our 2am arrival. The attentive and warm service was consistent throughout the hotel, from the dining staff to the gym and pool personnel. They have a free shuttle service within a 3 km radius that allows guest to conduct their business and leisure activities without worrying about about traffic and parking. Festival mall is right across the street and Alabang Town Center is just a 5 minute shuttle ride away. Rooms are very clean and noticeably new. 8th floor main lobby was huge and sufficiently insulated from the noise of the street level. Gym and swimming pool were very clean and professionally staffed. A very restful place to stay; I will surely recommend this to others who want to stay away from the hustle and bustle of Makati or Manila yet retain the ease of access to either via the Skyway.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to get a view of the Laguna de Bai, Laguna or Manila Bay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My girlfriend and I had stayed at other hotels in the area before but decided to try the Crimson and we were really glad we did.
The hotel is really beautiful and tastefully designed but the jewel in the crown are the staff. They are so dedicated to making your stay enjoyable and nothing is too much trouble. We stayed at the Crimson for 4 days then went to Palawan for a few days before returning to Crimson again. We were allowed to store our main luggage at Crimson while we were in Palawan and it was there safe and sound on our arrival back at the hotel.
We were given a free (and very much appreciated) upgrade and were very happy with the room. It was so clean and spacious with a huge bed and classy decor. The bathroom was beautiful, with a large and powerful shower.
The breakfast buffet was fantastic, so much variety and excellent service as always. The chef will prepare your eggs just the way you like them. Gym was great and the patisserie has amazing cakes.
Overall, an excellent experience. In fact, we were so happy that we are returning to stay in Crimson again in September. We can't wait!!

Room Tip: Be polite and tell the staff what you prefer. They will do their best to help.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've been to crimson Cebu and crimson filinvest is nothing like it. this one is fine, but don't expect it to be like the one in Cebu because that one is much much more. that one is like a 5 star hotel. this one in filinvest is just like 3-4 star.
crimson filinvest is nice. super comfy and soft and fluffy bed and pillows.
breakfast buffet is just fine and not overflowing. yummy tho. nothing superb. just right. even the selection of food.
service is good. friendly staff.
we are 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) and we fit on the king size bed. room is ok. ample space. love that area. so cool. so relaxing.
no bath tub in the de luxe room. I think its only available in suites.
its near filinvest mall, which is huge. lots of choices for shopping and dining, there's even a clinic and some rides for the kids. its just walking distance from the hotel.
love the pool because there's a separate kiddie pool wherein my daughters totally enjoyed.
we also enjoyed having snacks at the lounge bar in the lobby while listening to the quartet. I just hope theres more choices for food cos there were only 3 selections for sandwich and 3 for pizza. that's it

Room Tip: if you've been to crimson Cebu, DO NOT compare it to that or else you will get disappointed. thi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a really good night's sleep. Bed & pillows are extremely comfortable--you wont want to get up! Rooms are cozy, although i was wondering why there was no full length mirror which usually is a standard right across the closet. bathroom is a little tight. It can only be used by 1 person at a time. Dinner buffet food at Cafe 8 was alright. Nothing spectacular but not awful. I found the buffet setup quite far apart from each other but perhaps it was to allow the patrons to really think and consider what they really wanted to get. Breakfast buffet was nothing great too. Not a lot of Filipino breakfast fare offered. However, the cafe offered a cereal bar, pancake & egg station and bread & muffin station. I think i enjoyed the Lounge the most where there is a trio playing the standards (from 6-9pm) on Fridays & Saturdays. The gym is equipped with state of the art facilities & i was surprised no one was there! Staff is courteous & very attentive. All in all, my husband & I enjoyed our stay at Crimson. We hope the food improves though the next time we stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

REASON for STAY ---Holiday
PRE-ARRIVAL --- nothing much to say. Reservation personnel didn't communicate well our attendance.

ARRIVAL EXPERIENCE
Transport Arrangement---we manage to arrange it. Not Crimson. Expect to pay P600 from T1 to Crimson.

Lobby Ambience---I find it strange as the lobby is at 8th floor. When I ask the entrance lobby they told me to proceed at 8th floor for check-in. From the moment I stepped at Crimson I saw too many defects from paintings of the wall, floorings, cheap chandelier and chipped wooden (?) carvings in the lift.

Check-in Process ---Roxette of FO is like security guard. Asking for 2 IDs and asking for cc authorization. No eye contact given to us. Just smile given to guests and no customer service. Asking what is my relationship to my partner. I think this is a bit too personal and offensive. Asking also to fill-out forms when hotel has all the information is annoying upon check in. Not too good if you’re tired and wants to go to room to rest. I understand cc authorization but not the registration.

Accuracy of Reservation ---Roxette didn’t even know where did and how we were booked. FO team needs to be trained.

ACCOMMODATION
Guests Rooms Interior Layout --- Manual switch is provided. In some hotels, all switches are beside the bedside table. I have to check to check where are all the switches. Desk table is in front of the TV. Another strange design as I started to do work from my computer and television is just one (1) feet away from my face. Nothing extra ordinary about the room layout.

Lighting--- Aside from the 2 bedside lampshade, there is a big lampshade beside the TV.
Beddings & Linen --- Seems clean and nice.

Sufficiency of Amenities --- Not consistent plus you have to practice calling operator and ask for cotton buds, cotton, toilet paper and tea and coffee. Upon arrival it is there but next day till you check out they will not replenish unless you ask and call.

Internet connections--- We rarely used the internet but when we tried it is working. To check emails it is ok. I guess because fewer guests are staying. I wonder what if the hotel is full of Koreans, Singaporeans or Chinese guests who love surfing the internet.

Overall Cleanliness --- Rooms are clean but HSK knocked on our door twice in the morning at around 8:30hrs and 1 time at night. So annoying when you are resting and still in bed. We decided to put DND outside for them to stop bothering us.

Sound Proofing---- Is there any? I should say that from our 19th floor room, we could hear public transport outside and on-going works above 19th floor. We decided to leave the room. Noise coming from above our room is during our 5 day stay.

BATHROOM
Interior & layout --- No clothesline in the bathroom to facilitate long staying guests. Don’t expect that all guests will pay for laundry services. When opening the door, it is too close to the toilet bowl. Toilet is not child-friendly. Glass in the shower room is not extended so after showering the floor is so wet.

Lighting --- Lighting in the toilet in the mirror area is good.

Facilities ---I can say this is very poor. Design in the toilet is not planned. Not much space. Where the hotel placed their shampoo and liquid items in the shower area has a space for small smalls. You can even put a frame on that amount of space.

Sufficiency of Amenities --- Not consistent plus I have to practice calling operator and ask for cotton buds, cotton, toilet paper and tea and coffee. Upon arrival it is there but next day till you check out they will not replenish unless you ask and call (mentioned above). Liquid amenities are cheap as well as toothpaste and soap. Terrible!

Overall cleanliness --- Clean and good. Average.

FOOD & BEVERAGE
Café Eight --- As breakfast is included, I should say the restaurant is so 3 star. Tall waitress always says good morning to my partner and not to me. I don’t think I existed for days. Seems I am invisible all throughout our stay. Smiles are given but as I said I do not exist. Breakfast menu in the restaurant is not organized. I ordered omelet and the next day I was given diff size. Breakfast is the same every morning. I would like to ask if these are all leftover from yesterdays. Ohhh mangoes are added on our last day. With this I am happy. Chairs are gray in color and cheap quality. Everytime you get food and stand-up the chairs are so loud because it is scratching the floor directly.

The Deck Bar ---Staffs are just chatting while we asked questions. Seems like they have a meeting of their own. Questions like how deep is the pool, what can we order, any safety procedure if it rains, can we wear swimsuit etc. Answers are not accurate and standard. I told them that I am confused so we decided to leave.

The Lobby Lounge ---Seems this area is a meeting area. Was ok. Average.

In-Room Service --- As we are quite disappointed with our breakfast, we decided not to try ordering from our room.

FACILITIES & HOTEL SERVICES
Fitness Center --- Fitness instructor was one of the guys chatting with the deck lounge staff. FS was ok. Average.

Pool Facilities --- No privacy.

Concierge --- Are they the one in the ground floor or at the 8th floor? If on the ground floor they are very welcoming, putting their palm on chest maybe means sincerity. No idea. If on the 8th floor, some staff is welcoming and some are not.

Business Center ---I tried to have my document photocopied at 8th floor and they said it is ok but I have to pay 7 pesos each document. Price is ridiculously pricey. I photocopied my document at the mall in front of the hotel for one (1) peso only per page.

PERFORMANCE of CRIMSON STAFF
Helpfulness --- Bellboys are attentive. 8th people staffs are some are not.

Courtesy --- Was good except the tall lady at the restaurant. No management around to greet in-house guests. When I ask the lady at the restaurant wearing skirt with shouldered level hair she told us that management don’t usually don’t do greetings. Fine.

Knowledge / Competence ---No standard answers. Not enough training but there is always room for improvement.

Anticipation of Needs --- Always call operator and Carla is good in what she does. Whenever I request for amenities she does it.

Flexibility in responding guests needs --- 50/50. More room for training and development.

DEPARTURE EXPERIENCE
Speed of Checkout ---As we are paying cash, we have to remind Catherine of FO to cancel cc authorization. Just smiled and apologized. She also apologized for having no management to greet us all throughout our stay. I guess Crimson Alabang management just stays in their office.

ACCURACY of BILLING--- Average

LUGGAGE PICK-UP / TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENT--- Bellboy is attentive enough to get our luggage but needs to know what is he saying to guests as when we asked for metered taxi he called someone and when the taxi came he said it is metered but when we left Crimson, driver charged us 850 pesos to go to Terminal 1. Too late to get off taxi. Driver said that Crimson coordinates with them and aware that no metered taxis are provided for guests. So we paid 850 pesos as we might be late for our flight. We discovered that the taxis Crimson hires are the illegal ones in front of police station. Another bad experience.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE --- Once is enough and we will never go back to Crimson. Will try to stay at Makati next time.

VALUE for MONEY --- take into considerations that so many hotels are also in Makati with the amount of less than 500 pesos.

Room Tip: Ask for room that is away from the on-going work. Practice to call operator as they dont replenish...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Soleil S
CrimsonHotelFCM, Public Relations Manager at Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear LlubluSoleil,

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your recent stay at Crimson Hotel
Filinvest City. Manila.

Please allow us to apologize for the shortcomings in service and the inconvenience
caused to you during your stay. We take our guest comments seriously and have
shared your review with the Department Heads concerned. We will ensure that remedial
measures are taken and said issues are resolved to improve our processes.

Thank you for understanding and we look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming
you as our guest.

Best regards,

CRIMSON HOTEL MANAGEMENT
Calamba, Philippines
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I together with our 2 kids, age 4 and 8 stayed here for an overnight staycation. Reservation was pretty fast. We booked one of their deluxe rooms and requested for a king sized bed but unfortunately, only rooms with two single beds are available. When I asked if they can just put the two beds together and they said they cannot, they offered to upgrade us to a premier room for an additional Php1K. I told them i'm not willing to pay for the extra cost so they decided to upgrade us to the premier room for free. Yey!

The room was ok, beautiful interiors, it was clean and well organized. However, it was a bit small compared to the deluxe rooms in Acacia, its competitor hotel in Alabang. There were also no free welcome drinks and fruits. The bathroom was also a bit cramped and it doesn't have a bathtub.

It's clear advantage over Acacia is its pool which is much much bigger, and there were many lounge chairs you can sit or lie on. Unlike Acacia though which serve complimentary poolside drinks (either iced tea or calamansi juice), none was offered in Crimson.

My kids enjoyed swimming, however, I noticed that there were some sharp edges in the pool that may be dangerous to kids. True enough, my 4 year old son got his foot wounded when he and her sister swam there on the second day. His biggest toe got punctured and bled profusely. To be fair, the staff had a first aid kit ready and they attended to my crying son immediately. Nonetheless, this was a real bummer, given that we went there to have a relaxing stay. It should not have happened in the first place.

Their effort to compensate us for our trouble also felt short of our expectations, given their 5 star rating. They sent four glasses of orange juice to our room and allowed us to extend our stay up to 2pm instead of having our check-out at 12nn. To begin with, they (and almost all other hotels we've stayed on ) really allow late check outs up to 2pm, depending on availability. And the orange juice is not even good, too sour for my kids' taste that we actually ended up not drinking them.

As for the buffet breakfast, it was ok, not bad, but not exceptional either.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear crstnprdls,

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your recent stay at Crimson Hotel
Filinvest City. Manila.

caused to you during your stay. We take our guest comments seriously and have
measures are taken and said issues are resolved to improve our processes.

you as our guest.