“Belly Buster Buffet”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Manila, Philippines
“Belly Buster Buffet”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Cafe 8, which is one of the restaurants at Crimson Hotel, serves an awesome dinner buffet spread that's sure to satisfy the belly. I absolutely love their eggplant parmigniana, grilled prawns with orange couscous and potato gnocchi...those potatoes are to die for because they're perfectly smooth and creamy! There are numerous salad choices, japanese delights like maki, sushi and sashimi as well as a variety of delicious cold cuts and breads. Their desserts cater to different kinds of cravings whether it be for fruit, a baked goodie or something sweet and sinful like chocolate. The restaurant is spacious and the brown, zen-like decor is simple and homey. This restaurant south of manila is a definite must try!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank pn0403

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

After almost 5 years of being away from home you just want to have a good time when you come back and finding a place to stay is a crucial decision and im glad i choose Crimson hotel and stayed for 6 days. Actually recommended by a friend.
The place is excellent...staff are pleasant and presentable,courteous ( too courteous actually) food is good. Shame the pool is still on going construction but it will never deter me from coming back. One more thing, the security guards should allow the taxi to get into the entrance if they are booked. We asked the reception to book us a taxi which they did but we waited and waited for 30min. Then we decided to go out and get our own taxi. Fortunately the taxi that is booked is still waiting for us along the road outside the hotel. according to the taxi driver he was there waiting for 30min but the guard wont let him in even though he told them that he is booked for a client. I think its just a matter of miscommunication.Maybe to the management this area can be improved. But well done guys you impressed me and my english partner.
Also, on our arrival at the room we have a complimentary fruits but unfortunately the strawberry has gone mouldy which we mentioned it at the reception.The following day we had a phone call from the duty manger which she is so generous and kind and send us a gorgeous and delicious chocolate cake...yummm. Thats what i call a service.
See you again in september and hopefully we can soak our selves in the pool.
Thank you and see you again.

Jan 30 til Feb 4

Room Tip: visual inspection prior to booking or recommendation
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippines
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My siblings and I joined the Condura Skyway Marathon 2013 and booked a Deluxe room on the 10th floor that provided us with a great view of the Condura village/finish line, which was a very short walk from the hotel. The staff was remarkably friendly and accommodating. They provided a fast WiFi connection free of charge, which is a must for any good hotel.

I wish the room had a bit more space for moving around, but I have no complaints about everything else. I just found it weird that they chose to hide the mini fridge behind a small cabinet that looked like a bunch of drawers, far from the tea/coffee area.

Because we ran a marathon, we were all looking forward to a great breakfast buffet afterwards. They gave us a 25% runner's discount voucher. I must say the bacon was very disappointing; it tasted nice but it was no longer crispy. It must have been sitting there for about an hour. Too bad, I was looking forward to it after a very long run. They didn't serve whipped cream at the waffle counter, either. Hopefully the food will be better when we return next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Putting the palm of your hand to you heart everytime they greet you is i think one of the best greetings i ever xperienced though i also experience the same in quest hotel in cebu

the day i check in i felt the hotel is like a ghost town, there was no one in the lobby. and even in the floor where i stayed. checkin is a breeeze... I was able to checkin within 4 mins from the time i stood in the lobby, everyone wants to assist you

the room is not so big but it is well planned. there are ample storage for everything.. the bed is great. the tv is huge the shower is best the bidet in the toilet is really a plus

was able to sleep like a baby ...

dinner was fine the buffet selection is great. the pork tenderloin is to die for.,

the next day i think there was a convention hence they are running negative on room. (only 100 out of 345) is operation during the soft opening. So i was not acoomodated for late check ouut but atleast they allow me till 12:45 just so i can finish watching "be careful with my heart"

i was not able to try breakfast as my rate does not include breakfast.

internet is fast was able to hit 3 Mbps which is already great.

overall, i can say this hotel will be famouse but soon it will be expensive, i was able to book this hotel for USD 60 nett.

Room Tip: room xx 15- 17 are bear elevators,.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank hasonteh1
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent the New Year's eve 2013 at the Crimson Hotel. This is a very new 5-star hotel. It just opened in Dec. 2012. I made the reservation online via email. Their reservation manager named Bernadette was very nice and accomodating. She did an excellent job booking me for a new year's eve stay with my son. We took the new year's eve package that included the countdown party. we had a very warm welcome. the lobby is on the 8th floor..the lobby is big and elegant. the receptionists were nice and friendly. everyone greets ya around the hotel with a smile. including the guards assigned on each floor to record people coming in and out. and getting in and out of the rooms. i wondered about that, prolly their way to keep everything safe and secured. we had the deluxe room. it isnt spacious but it's enough. only thing negative is it didnt have a bathtub. not sure if the superior room has that. but everything was nice and new. the view is very nice. nice opaque curtains. the complimentary internet was very fast. valet parking was free by the way, because it's a newly opened hotel and it's an opening complimentary thing. the hotel offers a free shuttle ride to nearby malls and places. the hotel drove me to festival mall.. they also picked me up, all for free. the deluxe room has a nice big samsung lcd tv. nice rain shower in the bathroom, although the bathroom is a lil small compared to other hotels. the new year's party was nice. there was a band.. although i didnt like the band.. the food they served was good. their champagne was good. we won a raffle at the new year's party.. free buffet lunch for two!! that was very cool. the hotel also was kind enough to let us check out late at 3pm instead of 12 noon. the buffet breakfast at cafe8 was good. checking out was easy and hassle-free. so all in all.. our stay was great!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Anne K
Laguna
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great lobby... classy but not so big deluxe room... great staff service... they must improve on their breakfast buffet tho... had a good nite sleep..
one negative thing... we were already late in checking in but at 3:30 pm, our room was not yet ready..it was abot 4pm after I followed up that they gave us the room keys...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AB J
California Hot Springs, California
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed there for only 3 days for New Year and the Management they have over there are very unprofessional (Maan and Erica). We asked a simple question what is the best place to go shopping here that is inexpensive. So, far they gave me good pointers but they thought we left already and started speaking their language which I am familiar with. My husband and I were surprised with their comment. He knew the word KURIPOT and KANO I may not look like a Filipina but my mother is and she taught us well. If a snide comment was a must never let your customer hear it or go somewhere else instead of making fun of them. We wanted to leave and go somewhere else but a gentleman named Jon was very apologetic and very smart. He was so professional and He speaks with respect. I was happy with his performance but I cannot say for the other 2 management they have there. I would not recommend the place at all to any of our business partners there in the Philippines or here in US. If those 2 are still working in this Hotel. They are not asset but a liability.

Room Tip: Any floor would be great butwith a great the view is phenomenal. Let them know the purpose of your...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Kathyrn Maya S
CrimsonHotelFCM, Manager at Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Kathryn Maya S,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the incident during your stay. We also appreciate your honest feedback. This will be very valuable in helping us improve our service standards.

Again our apologies and we look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you as our guest.

Best regards,