“Almost like in Taiwan”

Shi Lin Taiwanese Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 394 Restaurants in Muntinlupa
Cuisines: Taiwanese
Reviewed October 27, 2015 via mobile

I've stayed in Taiwan for 2 yrs. So basically, 小籠包 was a normal thing for me. This restaurant, by far, has the nearest taste to the real thing here in the Metro. It's almost the 小籠包 we loved and ate almost everyday in 文化路.

So if you're craving for some xiao long bao, come here and order the 10pc set. It's not that pricey like in some restauranta that offer the same thing.

Reviewed August 16, 2015

I first dined at their branch in Podium, in Ortigas and have loved their food ever since. My family sometimes goes to their branch in PowerPlant, in Makati but the branch that I love most in the closest to my home - Shi Lin in Alabang Town Center.

Shi Lin is Taiwanese of some sort because the name of the restaurant was taken from a district in Taipei, but their food looks very much Chinese to me: Salt & Pepper Squid, Spicy Spare Ribs, Spicy Pork & Shrimp Wonton, Prawn Cake, Xiao Long Bao ( Soup Dumplings ), Braised Beef Noodles, Congee, Almond Jelly with Lychee, etc. Anyways, I am not here to get into a debate whether it's Taiwanese or Chinese.

Shi Lin favorites that I love are their Xiao Long Bago, Spicy Shrimp & Pork Wonton ( Php135 or approx. $3 ) or the Spicy Vegetables & Pork Wonton ( Php118 or approx. $2.67 ). You ought to eat these with a bath of vinegar + soy sauce + some chili oil + ginger slivers, which altogether give a nice kick ... nakakatanggal ng umay. Shi Lin's Fried Rice is also a must-try. If you have a huge appetite, get an order of Shi Lin's Noodles with Sesame & Peanut Sauce ( Php145 or approx. $3.28 ). For those who want veggies, I recommend the Stir-Fry Native Spinach.

Great Service. Xiao Long Bao. Generous Portions. Xiao Long Bao. Reasonable Prices. These make Shi Lin a popular dining place especially for quick but satisfying meals.

1  Thank RUSS R
Reviewed July 20, 2015

Lunch meeting today in this restaurant was a homerun! Noodles were freshly made , the dumpings were great , rice toppings superb. Everyone in the group thoroughly enjoyed there meals ! The ambiance and service were also good !!

1  Thank nmc8693
Reviewed May 31, 2015 via mobile

Went here with my family for late dinner. Courteous staff and cozy dining area. Food and service are overall very good. Truly a good value for money.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed April 8, 2015

Used our voucher that I bought from a group buying site. Was with my kids since they like Chinese food. We thought that we may have to take home a lot of food to cover the P2000 worth of the voucher but ended up paying a little bit more. Love that dimsums...the Xiao Long Bao, the Shrimp dumplings as you get to see the chef do it from the restaurant. However, I find the noodle too spicy eventhough I mentioned that I am not too keen with spicy food. Anyway, we still have a nice time in this place and the servers are great so it is a plus factor.