Ahhh... The Bellevue... the name has such a nice ring to it... Unfortunately, a name is just a name if you can't back it up with great service. Needless to say, I was very DISAPPOINTED.
It was a stormy afternoon when we waited for the shuttle service of the Bellevue to pick us up at the Festival Mall (which arrives every 30 minutes or so they say). But since there was no shuttle (and it was past the 30-minute period), I had to call the hotel and ask for a pick-up (TSK!). The shuttle came after about 10-15 minutes of waiting and we were soon on our way to the hotel.
We checked in and went to our room. It was quite a small room with a mini kitchen and sink. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but it was OK. The first thing I looked at was the TV. Although some of the regular channels were blocked, the TV was sufficient enough (although I get better channels at home).
Since we availed of the weekend promo, there was a complimentary fruit basket, a few bottles of water, 2 welcome drinks, 2 breakfast buffets, 2 buffet dinners, and one ticket stub to an event that was being held there at the time.
Looking inside the closet, I noticed that there was only one set of slippers and one bathrobe. I immediately called for an extra pair of slippers and a robe, but had to wait for almost an hour before getting it (it took 3 calls to the front desk and the robe I asked for was "small" but they gave us "medium"... TSK!). After the long wait, I finally got comfortable on the bed which was ok (but I thought, it wasn't leveled. It was kinda leaning on one side).
When it was time for us to have dinner, I placed the "make room" sign on the door. We had a nice buffet dinner but when we came back after about 3 hours, the sign was still there, and the room wasn't made (TSK!).
The breakfast buffet was something we were looking forward to. It had a good selection of your typical breakfast favorites and some pastries and different kinds of bread. It was OK.
The main thing I didn't like about our stay here was the service. The staff were not pleasant and in some instances, seemed rude. They are slow to act and in my opinion, needs to be trained a little more in customer service. I hated calling the operator/front desk because the person on the other line seemed tired/bored.
I wouldn't want to stay in this hotel again. I would rather stay somewhere else where I feel like I'm really a GUEST.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of a thriving business and commercial enclave in the south of Metro Manila, particularly Alabang, Muntinlupa City,The Bellevue Manila is 20 minutes away from international and domestics airports via the expressway and 20 minutes away from the Makati Central Business District via Skyway. It offers convenient access to key business areas, shopping malls, restaurant and bars, various golf and country clubs, theme parks, dive spots, hot springs and beach resorts. The hotel has 2 wings that house 456 well-appointed guestrooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HRS and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your The Bellevue Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bellevue Manila Hotel Muntinlupa
- Bellevue Hotel Manila
- The Bellevue Hotel Manila
- The Bellevue Manila Metro Manila, Philippines - Muntinlupa