Review of The Nest Alabang

Ranked #2 of 351 Restaurants in Muntinlupa
Cuisines: Filipino, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Newly renovated and located at the 31st floor of Vivere Hotel, the restaurant serves Italian, Filipino, Korean, Mediterranean cuisine. Al fresco dining with a scenic view of Metro Manila and Laguna de Bay.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Good food selection, majestic view, fantastic ambience, excellent service of staff, service with a smile makes one feel very special

2  Thank Shubhra G

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Liked choice of food with different international dishes. The excellent service with smile. Good music accompanied with good view.

4  Thank Sibu G
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Let me share this first.
After a three-hr delayed flight from Singapore, my boyfriend surprised me with a very late dinner from this Restaurant.
I've never been that restaurant before, and i must say, it was a great experience. And my delayed flight, was worth it .. :)

The food was at its best, My chicken - something (sorry forgot the name, but it has bread, cheese and ham on the inside) and its melting on your mouth!

the ambiance was fine. Candlelit dinner, with the manila skyline, nice cool weather, plus the stars up above. Music playing was bossa.

Server/waiter attentive. Place is clean and well-maintained. :)

Will definitely go back!

3  Thank hanniepex
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have lived in Alabang for the last 12 years. This is a very competitive town when it comes to dining. I have seen dozens of restaurants come and go. If they make it past the first 2 years there is a good chance they will survive and prosper. Many barely last a year. I have a list of my top 5 restaurants. Eat at any of these and you will most likely return and recommend it to friends. I firstly judge a restaurant on the quality and taste of its food, Its service is key and ambiance, cleanliness and comfort are also a factor but again its the food that keeps me coming back.

The vivere ranks very high one when it comes to ambiance. Located on the roofdeck of one of the taller buildings in Muntinlupa it bosts of a 360 degree view. Its partially open air dining area is comfortable even on hot nights especially on those nights with a breeze. A pianist plays beatiful modern and classic selections and is most relaxing. He is often accompanied by a violinist. The service is nothing short of excellent. The menu is Asian with a touch of western comfort. They so have a pretty good wine selection as well. The food is very good and some dishes are simply superb. For appetizers I recommend the Buffalo Chicken wings and the Gambas. For the main coarse I recommend the Fish & Chips, Beef Ribs, Crispy Pata, Sea Food Sisg, Herb crusted rack of lamb and the Adobo Kan Kong. My 16 year old son likes the "Burger for Big Boys". In a nut shell I love this resurant and rate it in my top 3 for food but NUMBER 1 for over all dining experience and number 1 for over all VALUE. If your in Alabang or within a 30 minute drive and want to have a great dining experience, good food and an evening to remember this must be at the top of your list. Vivere Skyline (Sky Lounge)..... It is the complete package!

1  Thank DanntheMan
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had dinner here to celebrate my son’s birthday. We were able to place a reservation a week before for a group of twelve. On the day of our reservation, they called to ask if we would like to order ahead and sent me a copy of their menu via email. They informed us that they are expecting a full house so they are encouraging us to preorder to cut our waiting time. I emailed back our orders as soon as I got everyone to order. We booked on a Saturday evening and they had live entertainment from the piano bar. Dining during December has an advantage as we were able to see firework displays that lit up the sky.

We were given a nice table fronting the bar with a good view of Manila’s skyline. Their menu had a wide selection of different cuisines. It had Filipino, Italian/American, and some other Asian inspired dishes. I ordered the Salmon and Lapu duo. My husband ordered the Lapu-lapu and prawns harmony. My sons ordered their Baby back ribs. The rest of the party ordered the beef salpicao, kalbi jim, lengua estofada and pasta dishes. Overall the food was ok. Everyone seemed pleased with their orders. My order (Salmon and Lapu) was perfectly cooked. All orders had generous servings. We ordered their mango jubilee for dessert but were not impressed. Half of the ice cream already melted away. Mango jubilee should be served flaming or done and served immediately. It looks like it waited a while in the kitchen so we had mango jubilee shake and not mango jubilee dessert.

This place is good for a romantic date or a family affair. Request for tables by the pool for a good view if you are dining as a couple. The food is good but not as impressive as the view. If it were for the food alone, I would not drive all the way to Alabang. It is the combination of the view, the ambiance and the food that will make your trip worthwhile. Prices are reasonable enough for a hotel restaurant. Expect to spend an average of P300 for pasta and an average of P500 for the rest of the main courses. Steaks were also on the menu priced at P1,000 up.

1  Thank ditz_8