“Mona Lisa: Enjoyed the meal and the relaxing atmosphere”

Mona Lisa Ristorante
Ranked #29 of 335 Restaurants in Muntinlupa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A casual and inviting Italian environment, owned and operated by an American Italian family living in Alabang. Monalisa Ristorante has been operating in Alabang for over 7 years offering a variety of Italian dishes. Our very popular pizza and panizee make a great start to any dining experience. Our pasta dishes are good for sharing and we offer Gluten free options. Our booth style seating options allow a private business dinner conversation. A full bar and nice wine selection await our patrons.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Heard from a friend that this is restaurant is a must-try, so the husband and I headed here for dinner on a Friday night. As expected, the place was full. The person who greeted us at the door was apologetic and told us it might be a 20-min wait, so he took our number and we trooped over to Acacia Hotel across the street for some pastries to go (it's 50% off on pastries at the lobby after 8pm). Sure enough, Mona Lisa called in about 15 minutes to tell us our table was ready.

We were readily ushered to a reserved booth near the windows and were served with the usual mini bread slices and spreads (pesto, butter and tomato) while waiting for our orders. We had the barbecue chicken pizza (which was only so-so for me) and the spaghetti con polpettine (which was delicious). Pizza was thin-crust and had about 12 slices. My husband had about 9 slices, so I suppose he enjoyed his choice. I admittedly finished off the pasta and meatballs with gusto.

I noticed that though the restaurant was full and was seemingly patronized mostly by families and big groups that night, tables were far apart enough to let you enjoy private conversations with your company. Service is quick and politely preemptive, which shows good training on customer needs. Lighting is dim without it being dark. It's place you'd want to linger in with coffee and dessert after dinner, or wine. Prices are not cheap but portions are to share. I'd dine here again.

2  Thank im0206

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We loved the place for the great food and quite good service. The pizza appetizers were our favorite.

1  Thank pine129
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Being from New York I have had the pleasure of frequenting some of the most amazing authentic Italian restaurants and consider myself a tough critique. Unfortunately here in the Philippines and especially here in the Alabang area I have not encountered really good Italian food. Do not get me wrong. I am not saying the Italian food is bad but it is very commercial. I have found it difficult in "looking forward" to going back to any of these Italian restaurants. Mona Lisa has changed that thinking. This restaurant is authentic Italian. The ambiance is nice. The tables, chairs and especially the booths are very comfortable. The Service is Excellent. Mike, the Italian American owner/manager and his lovely Filipina wife , have trained the staff very well. I ate there a couple of times in the last few weeks with my family and we were all pleasantly surprised. Between these 2 visits We ordered 5 different appetizers. My favorite was the Arancino Siciliano which is fried rice balls stuffed with mozzarella. We also had 7 or 8 main courses of which my favorites were the veal parmigiana and The black pasta chicken. In a nutshell this is arguably the best Italian restaurant in Alabang. I look forward to going back.

2  Thank DanntheMan
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place is great to know about. No need to travel to Makati for good Italian in a fine atmosphere. Solid choices, fresh ingredients and a friendly atmosphere make this a very good choice for a Friday or Saturday night dinner. It's not cheap but it won't break the bank, either. I especially recommend any ravioli dish they have and the absolutely delicious Panizze! Don't miss the limoncello, either!

1  Thank Joseph L
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Thanks to Mr. Michael (the owner) and his wife (the chef)!!!I ate here all the day I lived in Alabang.
Different kind of pasta and different kind of sauce, but the result is always the same: BREATHTAKING. It seems to be in Italy!!!excellent, I have no word to describe the excellence of this place

1  Thank Giovanni_Squillaci