“Best Italian in Philippines”

Mona Lisa Ristorante
Ranked #28 of 335 Restaurants in Muntinlupa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A casual and inviting Italian environment, owned and operated by an American Italian family living in Alabang. Monalisa Ristorante has been operating in Alabang for over 7 years offering a variety of Italian dishes. Our very popular pizza and panizee make a great start to any dining experience. Our pasta dishes are good for sharing and we offer Gluten free options. Our booth style seating options allow a private business dinner conversation. A full bar and nice wine selection await our patrons.
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Everything is fresh, cheese is REAL and truely wonderful experience! The prices are even good. I recommend getting several things to share.

1  Thank Joanna O

Reviewed November 25, 2011

Yesterday was my second visit to Mona Lisa Ristorante in Alabang. We dined there early this year when the restaurant was still new, and i remember liking the food, but we ate in such in a hurry and the gnocchi was slightly dry so the meal wasn't as memorable.
Perhaps it was yesterday's more relaxed pace plus the kitchen was already more seasoned, that made this next visit so much more memorable. We split all the orders in two (their servings are quite hefty) - a "traditional" caesar's salad, a pasta amatriciana, and our entree was chicken breast simmered in olive oil, lemon, white wine, and garlic. I can honestly say I have found the best amatriciana in this restaurant. The chicken was heavenly too. Service was friendly and fast! Must-visit!

2  Thank khunkc
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Everything just works for this little gem of a restaurant. I've eaten here twice so far, and they have ruined other Italian eateries for me. The food and drinks menu are extensive, comfortable seating, wonderful decor and ambience. They have a sensible solo menu where you can have 1 individual pizza and 1 pasta dish with a drink, or you can order a variety of dishes and share. Staff is brilliantly trained, extremely courteous and polite! Can't stop raving about it! I live in the nearby BF Subdivision, but I would consider moving into a condo nearby just so it's even closer to me. The place is just THAT good.

2  Thank pam2akai
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Restaurant is very nice...location, interiors, wine bar, open kitchen i have no complains. Menu is simple and is complete with the basics. 1st time ive tried this place and i was blown away. Southern people have never had this great in Italian restaurant. 2nd time was a bit of a letdown thats why the title. I found them to be inconsistent with their cooking. Risotto was over done and the greens arent that fresh/crisp. Serving sizes are also very inconsistent. Wine list is soso. Love their caprese, lasagna and thin crust pizza. Hard to get a table specially weekends. Im praying for this restaurant to make it but i think that they have to be on their toes all the time. Will be back but its definitely not on top of my list right now.

4  Thank dorycook
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Opened just recently but already very popular in the Alabang area due to word of mouth, so better to reserve ahead of time (telephone number [---]).

The Italian-American owner is always present together with his Italian manager, so service is very personalized. Either (or both) will come to your table and happily chat with you, make suggestions, maybe even offer a dish on the house. The head chef is his Filipina wife who lived in Italy, learning to cook Italian. In my humble opinion, this is the most authentic Italian food I've tried in Manila - meaning the closest to what I've tasted in Venice and Milan.

The way the food is prepared leaves distinct flavors, fresh-tasting and not overwhelming. Their version of panizza, thin pizza rolled with arugula and alfalfa, is the best yet I've tried in Manila. All the different pastas we tried were good, but my favorite is the vongole, and the steak was very tasty. Tiramisu is likewise very good, the best yet I've tried anywhere.

The ambience is nice, elegant but cozy and friendly. Noise level is nice and low considering the place does get filled, so it's easy to carry out conversation without having to raise your voice.

Prices are admittedly on the high side, and the servings are not huge, but overall I think you get the quality that you pay for. Definitely worth splurging out on for a romantic dinner date or special occasion.

1  Thank haribon01