“Relaxing and cozy staycation”

Acacia Hotel Manila
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Provides 24-hr shuttle service within Alabang area (very convenient). Pool area seems to be small but excellent service by the attendants (another pair of eyes to watch your kids) and gives welcome drinks to guests (keeps you refreshed). Junior suite was spacious with a king sized bed with comfy sheets and pillows to give you a relaxing good night sleep. I was with 2 kids, 5yo son and 4yo niece, the restaurant reception tried to bill me for breakfast of 2 kids so i told them my booking comes with complimentary breakfast for 2 so i should only be billed for 1, turns out below 6yo eats free buffet breakfast. Receptionist should have asked first before sending me the bill. Overall the stay was worth it!

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed May 29, 2013

just a lovely place to stay,i messed up my booking ,confused with date but the receptionist Ms. Jade help me and guide me thru it..The first nite i enjoyed the pool and after went to ATC ....great shuttle to bring you there and pick you up . Ended up having a wine buffet nite and i paired it with cream puff,,,,,,,, oh my it is the best cream puff ever. a must try peeps . The staff at the Lobby are so friendly ms. Abby and Angel ...all in all they are so good to me. God bless and more power,till next time

Room Tip: de luxeroom with kind size bed at the westgate side is so nice
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank stellabella_28
acaciahotelmanila, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We are particularly delighted to know that our associates have gone the extra mile to make your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I are from the San Francisco Bay area and stayed at the Acacia Hotel for my cousin's wedding so we checked in with at least 20 members on our side of the family that excludes the other side of the family who all checked in at Acacia.

We were very impressed at their service starting at the front desk as we checked in, someone
even accompanied us to our room.Which we thought was a very warming and hospitable touch.

We had super excellent service at the Buffet Restaurant. The Captain waiter and all the waiters/
waitresses including all other staff members were so courteous, respectful and very accommodating to our needs considering we were a big group.

The room service was also excellent.

The ambience and surroundings was very comfortable. The gym and pool was clean.

It's location was perfect because it was within the upscale Alabang area. They even had
transportation service to and from the nearby Mall and Restaurants. The transportation
service was very prompt. All you have to do is give them a call and within 5 minutes they were already there to pick us up.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued guest,

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for taking the time to submit a glowing review! We are delighted to learn that our associates have delivered the top-notch service that we strive to be known for.

We hope to be able to welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

So many things that made my stay disappointing, but for brevity, let me just mention the top 2 - the bed and pillows smell, and the service sucks.

Usually, you bury yourself in the smell of freshly laundered linens in hotels -- theirs smelled like stale sweat. Seriously. Good grief. One pillow was so bad, I just threw it in the closet and closed the door. C'mon people. Wake up and smell the nasty.

The second item - service. This experience sums it up: when I was checking out, the receptionist, Kim, was flirting with one of the male concierges as she was printing my receipt. I was right in front of her and she was taking her sweet time. Get this - she actually swatted the hand of the guy as he was reaching for something. Eeew! It gets better - I forgot my phone in my room and I asked them to pls check. I waited in the lobby. 20mins later, I look up from a phone call and still no one has approached me. So I go to the front desk. This time, a girl named Nikki, tightly informed me it's been checked by housekeeping and it's not there. I ask for a key anyway, she gives one to an attendant and tells him to go with me and tells him impatiently, not bothering to lower her voice "Tiningnan na yun e.." Well, guess what. My phone was just on my bed. Oh. My. God. It's not my style to make a scene, but it is my style to warn everyone in however way I can to stay away from places that will rip them off. Do yourself a favor and check in at any of the other nearby hotels in the area instead. Even if the rates at this hotel were a quarter of what it is, it still wouldn't be worth it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank jollyjeep
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Having stayed in the room for a few hours before my boyfriend checked out, I was completely sold. The surrounding areas were quiet - Acacia is after all situated in the upscale Alabang, away from the noisy traffic jams.

The rooms were comfortable and came equipped with modern facilities designed for the discerning business traveller. Large screen LED TVs with HDMi capabilities, USB outlets and complimentary wireless - it was indeed a dream for those who need to be connected day in and out.

The service was indeed extraordinary. The smiles begin at the car porch and end only when the porter drops off your luggage. In fact, the service is so good that when you manage to peel yourself off the bed and out into town, the front desk staff will personally say hello and engage in genteel conversation with you.

I never had the chance to use the facilities, but the gym looked well-furnished with the most up to date work-out equipment.

The only downside of Acacia is the hotel location. Being a relatively new hotel, the surroundings areas are quiet but bland. There is however, a very excellently stocked supermarket just beside the hotel if you're ever hungry or simply curious to see the local wares.

• Stayed: May 2013

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for your heartwarming words! We are proud to learn that you have felt the sincere service with our associates during your stay with us. We hope that we will be able to serve you again soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My first impression of Acacia hotel on my first trip was quite good considering it just opened. But that was for a job interview. This recent weekend trip was for Mothers Day and with a Deal Grocer voucher in hand, we decided to book another room for my in-laws. So we had 2 rooms.
Parking underground was limited and we had to scramble for the last 2 slots.
The check-in was busy on the Saturday we came. There were long lines in the counters and complaints of rooms being not ready were overheard. The worst was from a family who went to their room and found out that previous guests are still staying in the room. Another couple was already waiting for 2 hours for their room. We insisted in getting our rooms as we have previous bookings already although we cant get 2 adjacent rooms.
Security for each hotel floor is maintained via the room access cards. You have to swipe the card in the elevators and you are given access only to your room floor and the common floors. That posed a challenge to us given we were staying on 2 different floors. The rooms are very well kept and maintained. The halls leading to the rooms are cozy and clean. The king sized bed was a joy to rest on. The in-room LCD tv had the basic local cable subscription but was enough to entertain the kids with cartoons channels. The multimedia hub is quite useful in charging our gadgets just via the built-in USB port.
We had kids with us who were rarin' to go swimming. And when they had a chance, we found the pool was packed with guests and kids too. I compared it to a fish net of a fishing boat with all the caught fish jumping about. Probably a public pool in Pansol or Los Banos is a more apt comparison. The pool is just small for this weekend crowd.
The availability of restaurants around the hotel made it easier for us to satisfy our tummies and the kids' preference. Nearby South Supermarket is convenient for additional bottled water and snack needs.
The buffet breakfast was fairly good and with enough variety from local to continental fare. The area is quite busy though for that Sunday morning and I believe Acacia also accepts walk-in customers. That probably explains the long line outside the restaurant when we left.
Checkout was a breeze but getting our car back via valet took longer. Even male receptionists were doing valet driving chores as it was just too busy. Overall a good hotel save for the crowded weekend. Btw, the receptionists and hotel staff were very friendly and always grateful.

Room Tip: Make sure to book in advance and get a confirmation. Insist on what you booked or reserved. There ar...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JL0492

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for taking the time to submit a candid review. Such comments are fundamental in order to determine the areas of improvement for our service and these shall be addressed immediately.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon to see the improvements.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel staff are very friendly, efficient. Checking in was such a breeze. Believe it or not, I got in my room in less than 15 minutes! The lady who assisted me to my room explained about the room's details and the services the hotel offers.

It is very considerate for the hotel to offer free shuttle services for guests who would like to go around the vicinity.

Food is okay. Breakfast, although not to many choose from, is quite satisfying. Coffee is freshly brewed. Staff in the breakfast area are swift and attentive.

Would I stay here again? YES. Would I recommend this hotel? YES.

Guards are very friendly and try to assist guests the best way they can.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank doc4kids_11

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for submitting a glowing review about our hotel! We take pride in the service that we are able to provide and we constantly look for ways to improve ourselves. We look forward to welcoming you back in the hotel soon.