“Very comfortable rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
“Very comfortable rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This new hotel has very good service and comfortable rooms. The beds are extremely comfortable to sleep in. I just didn't like the carpeting in some areas. It looks busy with too many designs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tyson P
acaciahotelmanila, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this review, September 11, 2012

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We take pride in our beds as these are special mattresses to ensure a restful sleep for all of our guests. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon!

Your Acacia Hotel Manila Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

the hotel, its facilities, service, staff and operation were sensational and much better than I expected when I booked. The only unfortunate aspect is the location - Alabang is not very convenient to anything unless you need to be in Alabang. Having said that, the value for money is exceptional and this hotel is worth considering if you are required to be in this neighbourhood. The staff especially, seemed very well-trained and extremely attentive.

Room Tip: Make sure you request double or queen bed if you don't like sleeping in a single
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ron S
MCI_32690, Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this review, July 19, 2012

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for your review about the hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed the services of the hotel! The team will be delighted to hear that you find them well-trained and extremely attentive!

We hope to see you back here soon!

Oslo, Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were so happy to be welcomed by the friendly front office staff. From the security, the girls on OJT, bellman, the receptionists and butlers (very good concept) and at the Spa. The breakfast staff are thoughtful and making sure that we had enough food on the table. A true Filipino hospitality! After staying our first leg of our trip, we're convinced that we didn't need to try other hotels just for fun. Others might think we should. But, we felt home at Acacia hotel. Not to mention the great location. The free transport around Ayala Alabang is wonderful, love it. As we love shopping at Alabang town center and Festival mall.
Rooms are comfortable in size. Bed...zzzzzzzz. I don't need to write again what others have mentioned on their comments about the rooms. But, I'll be taking the details back to Norway and try to push the ideas I've picked up from here. Would like to mention that rooms are missing night table and lamp on the other side of the bed. Or a writing table lamp.
We would like to point out 3-things. First, we've noticed that the receptionists doesn't have a thick rubber mat on the floor where they're (Satellites) standing. Having that would be a huge difference of comfort to last a days work. Second, It's been proven by Doctors and Chiropractor that high heeled shoes would result in back pain and leg cramps. So please, at least a 1 inch high would do. And they would still be beautiful. For sure more effective on their jobs. 3rd, to be more environmentally friendly. Have a notice in the bathroom for the guests to reuse the bath towels to conserve water and energy in the process by hanging it on the towel rack. Not to mention, a bit more profit for the hotel.
Total relaxation at the Spa, privacy, panoramic view from the pool and Jacuzzi.

I would like to thank all those staff that made our stay as comfortable as possible.

Tan couple

Room Tip: Try all rooms!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ramon756

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you so much for your very kind comments about the hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We have taken note of your comments regarding the room lamps,and also your very helpful suggestions regarding the reception area. We are delighted to share with you that we are in the process of producing environment friendly signs and it will be placed in our guest rooms very soon.

May we also ask which Spa you are referring to? We are hoping to welcome you back here soon!

Las Pinas, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We arrived at the hotel sometime before 3pm as we came from a football tournament at the nearby Alabang Country Club. The concierge staff (2 or 3 of them) who met our vehicle and helped us with our luggage were all very courteous and cheerful. I left my kids at the lobby lounge and my husband parked the car. I proceeded to the reception counter and processed our check-in. Immediately, my kids were approached by a lady staff who gave them refreshing pandan juice (they certainly needed this as we were all hot and sweaty). When my husband joined me, he remarked how nice it was to get a specific parking space given by the guard, instead of trying to find your own parking slot. The staff at the reception counter then asked us to wait while she checks if our room is already available. She asked what drinks we wanted to sip while waiting, and led us to the very cool and comfortable lobby lounge. Unfortunately, we had to wait a whole hour for our room to be ready. This was the only negative thing we experienced. As we were all sweaty from the football tournament, we couldn't wait to take a shower and relax in our cool room. The reception staff were apologetic about the delay and they explained the reason why our room wasn't available yet, so the wait was not so bad for us. Even the concierge guy who brought our luggage to the room apologized for our wait.

At about 6pm, I received a call from Guest Services and the lady asked me two questions: (1) How is our stay? and (2) Do we need anything else to make our stay better? I was immediately wowed by this call. She apologized (again!) for the delay earlier and she confirmed that my son's birthday cake will be delivered at 12 midnight. Just before midnight, two staff (a lady and a man) came to our room to give the cake. We fell asleep before midnight, so when I opened the door I was too sleepy to talk to the staff, so I just thanked them. I was impressed that they sent two staff to bring the cake.

At 8am the following day, I called Front Desk and spoke with Paul. I wanted to ask for a late check-out because of the delay the previous day. He gave us until 2pm, and what really made me happy is that he understood the reason why we're asking for a late check-out and he didn't give me a hard time. This extra time allowed my kids to enjoy the pool after a sumptuous and slow breakfast buffet. I also want to mention the staff assigned at the pool area Monday morning. He was very cheerful, chatted with most of the guests, and anticipated our needs (towels, drinks, etc.). Great guy!

Checking out was a breeze. The staff we met going out of the hotel showed courtesy and respect, and most importantly, asked us to come back soon.

Inside the room I found a personalized welcome note from the GM who asked us to write him to give comments about our stay.

My husband and I are suckers for good service because we spent many years in the tourism industry. The staff are empowered to make decisions without asking for higher authority and that is a great, great thing.

At this moment, we are already planning our next stay at Acacia for our birthdays and wedding anniversary. We used to stay at Bellevue for special occasions, but Acacia has great value for money and an even greater customer service culture. Why wouldn't we keep coming back?

Room Tip: Depending on the promo, guests can opt to upgrade to a Junior Suite for only 1k. Junior Suites have...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Romina C

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

The whole team would like to thank you for your very heartwarming comments about the hotel. It gives us pride and joy to have another satisfied guest! Your kind words inspire us to give the best service possible to all our future guests.

Rest assured that we have taken note of your experience during your check-in and we will do our best to prevent this from happening again.

We would love to have you and your family back here again! Thank you so much for your review and we would like to send our heartfelt thank you to you and your family for having your stay-cation with us.

Best regards,

asia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Checked in here with kids to accompany my husband for a meeting that was set at this hotel. It is fitting to be called a five star hotel as to the room accommodations. The room was nicely appointed. Complete with electronic safe, iron and board, robes, slippers, toiletry kits, ref, electric kettle with complimentary coffee and tea, and 4 complimentary water bottles. The beds were ultra comfortable. The sheets were of good quality. Curtains were black out. The bathroom had a separate tub and shower. We had a restful sleep without hearing a single noise. We noticed however that the minibar was not stocked. Didn't really mind as we won't be needing the items from the minibar but it may be something housekeeping overlooked. The remote, bathroom light, and closet light were also not functioning. The hotel also offered free wifi which was fast enough by our standards.

Lloyd, from the concierge, delivered our luggage to our room. He left us his number in case we needed anything. The hotel offers free shuttles to the nearby malls (Festival Mall and Alabang Town Center). Lloyd let us know that he can arrange for the shuttle to take us there and pick us up in case we needed the service. We did not need the service though since we drove getting to the hotel. (Festival Mall will be good for kids as it has a mini theme park inside. More of low end shopping here. Alabang Town Center has more upscale shopping. They recently opened a new wing with more food choices on the ground floor and a few more additional shops). We did text message Lloyd when the TV remote did not want to work and he came to give us a replacement.

The pool was small but trendy. It can get busy with kids especially on the weekends. The hotel had a four person hot tub jacuzzi which we really enjoyed. Pool attendant, Peter, was great! They serve complimentary cold glasses of iced tea in the pool area. Pool towels and cold face towels were also provided. The hotel also had a small gym.

I was impressed by the dinner buffet set up for our party by the hotel and I think it surpasses buffet set ups made by the top hotel chains I've tried in Manila for special events. The variety was like of the usual buffet set ups but the food was great. There were three kinds of desserts prepared for us and they were all delicious. I was not impressed with the Breakfast buffet. The homemade usual Filipino breakfast items such as the tocino and longganisa did not look very appetizing. I wondered if the chef tripped and spilled the entire can of red food coloring into the marinade. For the price of the buffet, I think it lacked variety and premium selections. There were only a few cold cuts and cheeses. The main breakfast viands were edible but not delicious. The bacon was hard; not crispy. The pancakes and french toast ran out and were not replenished by the time we were done eating. I love the egg station though and I think the chef stationed there did a very good job with the omelette and the eggs cooked easy over. The Acacia ham with apple glaze was very good as well. They do have a good selection of juices too.

Check out was very quick. I would love to come back to stay again soon. Kids also gave the hotel a thumbs up. Boys were happy with the wifi and daughter was happy with the pool and jacuzzi. Location of the hotel is great with the malls nearby. Restaurants and a grocery are also within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ditz_8
, Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this review, July 10, 2012

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you so much for your kind review about the hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Rest assured that we have taken note of the inconveniences that you've experienced in your room. We will make sure to prevent this from happening again.

Lloyd of Concierge and Peter the Pool attendant will be delighted to hear your very good comments about them! This will truly inspire the whole team to work harder in giving genuine Filipino Hospitality to all of our guests.

We are also delighted to share with you that we have greatly improved our Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner buffet spread! More food stations and better food selections were added for guests to choose from.

Your comments are truly valuable to us and we would like to thank you once again. Hoping to welcoming you and your family back here in the near future!

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Acacia stay-cation is one of the best I ever had. It truly lives up to its promise of authentic Filipino hospitality. They greet you with a smile and are very accommodating with every request. The concierge service is always available to assist with every whim. The rooms are clean, spacious, and truly make you feel at home. The amenities are superb - was able to check out the swimming pool and jacuzzi. Toured around the gym and it is complete with all the equipment you need.

The food at Acaci is great. I specially love their Paella for the dinner buffet and the healthy muesli for the breakfast buffet. I just hope there are more food selection especially when it comes to seafood options and more ice cream for dessert.

Overall, the experience is like a dream come true. I highly recommend it especially for travelers in the South. :)

Room Tip: Take advantage of their promos Upgrade a Deluxe room to a Junior suite and have a great view for be...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KC_Canlas
, Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this review, June 26, 2012

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

We would like to thank you for your recent stay with us! Your kind comments will truly delight and motivate the whole team to continue to provide genuine Filipino hospitality to all of our guests.

Thank you also for letting us make you feel like your stay was 'a dream come true', it is such great honor for us to hear such a great comment. We hope to having you back here soon in the near future!

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Customer service - 5 star. Good people with heart felt "customer focused service"
Food - Good but not as great as Shangri-la
Facilities and Amenities - Fantastic! I love the interiors. Care is given to every detail of the hotel.

Keep up the good work, and make the Filipino community proud!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Christine D
, Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this review, June 26, 2012

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

We would first like to thank you for appreciating the service of the whole team! We are proudly an all Filipino hotel and we will do our best to make all our guests feel genuine Filipino hospitality all through out their stay. Rest assured, that our buffet has improved since your last visit and we hope that you will be able to try it out again soon.

We hope to welcome you back here in the near future!