“Fifth stay at Aquaria”
Review of Aquaria

and 1 more site!
Aquaria
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I also am a little reluctant to give Aquaria the revue it deserves and echo Leanne H's comments, it is a gem alright.We have just returned from our fifth stay and have booked again, it suits us perfectly.

Room Tip: Its worth paying the extra for rooms with ocean views
1  Thank desperate070

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Believe all the hype...Aquaria is truly a special place concieved by and run by a lovely couple from New Zealand. Unlike many other hoteliers, they are not doing this for the money but to create memorable experiences for their guests with attention to even the smallest of details. A lovely pool, magnificant views of the sea and fantastic staff...you can't go wrong here.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I am loathe to say how much we enjoyed staying at this calm, clean and friendly hotel due to the fact that we would like to keep this little gem to ourselves but then again that's not what this site is all about! Everything about the small hotel from the friendly hosts Glynn - thanks so much, to the quiet location and pristine beach front views are really a delightful surprise. We had been travelling around Bali and arrived as always hot and bothered. From the moment we stepped into this hotel peace descended and we were able to enjoy a fantastic hotel with lovely staff amazing views and exceptionally good restaurant- to the point that all plans to visit other restaurants went out the window. Little touches are what makes this place well and truely out rate it's official star rating.Try it you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The beach front villas offer spectacular views across the ocean to look at nusa lembogan but all the...
1  Thank Leanne H
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This was our first trip to Southeast Asia for myself and my husband. After spending long hours on tripadvisor and having a month off to decide where to go, well let me begin...we wanted to see Thailand, Bali, Gili Air and Komodo with a week for each area. We spent our second week at Aquaria then shortly into this week we decided to come back to Aquaria for our last week. It's a no brainer.....Glyn and Jeni the owners of Aquaria have made this a little piece of Balinese heaven. The setting, the staff and the food are all fabulous. Extremely clean, quiet and well run establishment. Lots to do or not to do. Shopping, diving, restaurants and day tripping make Candidasa a nice jumping around point. Diving with Shangrila Divers down the street was really great and convenient. Went to Ubud for a day shopping, Thulumben diving, cooking class at Bali Asli is a must do!!! We both made good use of the spa at Aquaria as well Visit with Kedak at the spa, lovely young lady with very strong hands and a beautiful smile. The menu at Aquaria has so much to offer as well. We ate at a few other places over our two weeks, but nothing compared to the freshness, presentation and selection of Aquaria. Bali and Aquaria are amazing. Thank you to Glyn and Jeni for a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cathy S
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My son and I stayed here for the second time over Easter (after being here for New Years Eve). We had an ocean view room, and I just love being able to see the ocean from my bed. The sound of the waves at night was very soothing. Thankyou to all the staff once again for a great stay. This is the best place to stay in Bali. I am coming back again in July with my mum.
The food is excellent at the restaurant. Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: If there is an ocean view room available, book it. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nell10
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Friendly, nice place with big, new room, clear bathroom and tarrace with couch. Only one minus for noise construction next to the hotel. from the beach side is ruined basin with see water. after repair, it will be excellent place!

Room Tip: best one with view see or firts one for right side,
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have stayed all over Bali in the past 5 years, but nothing matches the feeling you get when you arrive at Aquaria. From the moment you enter this magical little gem you are under it's spell. I have just returned home from 3 weeks at Aquaria, where I went this time to recharge after a stressful 6 months at work. It was my 4th stay there, & my 2nd three week break. Nowhere could match the amazing staff, who are always there to do something extra to help make your stay more enjoyable. The rooms are spotlessly clean, beautifully decorated and they even provide unlimited purified water for drinking. Free wifi as well.
This visit I had a trip to the dentist & had a tooth removed - I was given ice chilled cloths to help with the swelling and offered any soft food that I required. They were wonderful, I got better treatment than in hospital!
The pool is so clean & inviting that a swim every few hours is impossible to resist. The generous, yummy breakfast included is more than enough to keep you going to early afternoon. The Restuarant will provide lunch whenever you feel like it, and the set 3 course meal at night is a steal for $12 AUD or there is an a la carte option. The food is so fresh, beautifully presented & absolutely delicious.
It is a perfect place for single ladies, as you have no need to go anywhere on your own after dark, so you always feel safe. I honestly cannot fault Aquaria. For me, it's No. 1 in Bali & I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the pool or ocean so have a lovely outlook.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo