My husband and I had a wonderful time at this resort and spa. Having never been to Bali, the resort was able to arrange a pick up from the airport (about 1.5 hours away). Upon checking in, we were greeted with cool towels and a welcome drink. The entire time we were there, the staff were more than helpful and always willing to answer any questions. The location was perfect (close to town) but in a quieter, relaxing area.
Easy walk into town to restaurants - about a 15 minute walk (or 5 minute drive) with lots to see on the way
Well manicured grounds
Wonderful staff - everyone was so willing to help if you had any questions. They were always friendly and extremely accommodating.
Try to upsell you on check in for multiple things. We booked through RCI and while we understand that room types are based on availability, we were told that only singles were available on checkin BUT (for an additional cost) we could upgrade. We relayed to them that we were fine with singles and did not want to pay the additional cost and would check the next morning for a double at which time the cost to upgrade continued to decrease. We continued to say we were not interested which they finally understood. The next morning we went down early and a room was available (which wasn't the night before?). This frustrated us as we knew that a room was available but we were pushed to upgrade for additional cost.
The other upsell was for the breakfast. We were initially told we HAd to buy 5 days of breakfast for the 'deal'. When we told him, we were only staying for 4 days, this immediately became ok. We did not want breakfast (we ate outside the resort for more variety), however they continued to try to sell breakfast tickets. We understand we are in Indonesia, however it would be helpful for those working at the front desk to not continually push if it is not wanted.
Distance from airport - wasn't a big deal as we wanted to be far but if you are looking for something close, this is not it.
Otherwise, the trip was fantastic. The resort is a great escape and we would recommend this to others .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa is located in the east of Bali, in the heart of the Candidasa district. With private beach frontage and a beach terrace above, the resort offers tranquility, ocean breezes, and a romantic atmosphere for nature lovers. Accommodations are artistically furnished and decorated with contemporary Balinese décor and modern facilities, and secluded balconies offering views over the ocean, pool, or garden.The natural serenity of being set amongst, mountains, rice fields and ocean, that offers the ultimate peace and tranquility. Whether you want shopping, activity ; such as diving, snorkeling and yoga, or just relaxing and daydreaming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rama Candidasa Resort And Spa
- Rama Candidasa Hotel Candidasa
- Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa Bali