We stayed at Puri Bagus Candidasa for one night in September while touring around Bali but wished that we could have stayed longer. It is a most beautiful hotel set in wonderful gardens. It is set on the coast and has the most fabulous view from the first floor restaurant. Check-in was very welcoming with a chilled flannel and a cold fruit drink.
The rooms are single storey bungalows in a traditional Balinese style and are absolutely beautiful. We stayed in Room 501 which was quiet, luxurious and elegantly furnished. It was very roomy with a large comfy bed. It had a TV (with BBC World News), tea/coffee making facilities, mini bar, a brolly (in case it rains) plenty of storage space, dressing gown and slippers, complimentary bottles of mineral water, plug-in mozzi repellent (not sure if they are a problem here but we were not bitten) and some mozzi cream, multi-voltage adaptor and, of course, air conditioning. As you can see, they have thought of everything. The bathroom was very large and modern with a big bath and walk-in open-to-the-sky shower. There were complimentary toiletries, a hairdryer and a line for drying rinsed out swimwear. There was a nice pool with towels provided. Breakfast is taken in the first floor dining room which had lovely views out to sea. It offered a good selection of hot and cold buffet. Dinner was also very good with a nice menu, reasonable prices, good service and very friendly staff.. Their cocktail menu was great too. I recommend the Bailey’s Comet, Nut Job and Coconut Dream; the latter comes served in a huge, decorated, green coconut.
On arrival I was given a voucher for a $5 head massage which I had and it was really lovely and included the neck and upper back too. It was just 15 minutes but felt longer. The therapist I had was called Artini. She was firm but very good.
This hotel was absolute heaven and 5* luxury. I highly recommend it and – no – I have not been paid for giving such a good report! It really is a lovely place to stay and I wish we were staying here for one week instead of one night. I stayed in 4 hotels during this trip to Bali and this was definitely the best one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A temple built in the 12th century resides on a lagoon by the edge of the sea. The village that surrounds this temple is known as Candidasa, where the villagers continue to enjoy their cultural lifestyle. On the beach nearby this temple is the resort of Puri Bagus Candidasa, consisting of 47 elegant bungalows designed in traditional Balinese style with all the modern amenities. Woven among beautiful tropical gardens we offer both sea view and garden view villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Puri Bagus Candidasa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Bagus Candidasa Hotel Candidasa
- Puri Bagus Candidasa Bali