“Wonderful Relaxing Stay”

Ashyana Candidasa
Bunbury, Australia
“Wonderful Relaxing Stay”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Arrival 30th May 2013. Length of stay eight nights. From the moment we arrived, the staff could not do enough to help you. For the first five nights we were lucky enough to stay in the twin ocean front room. Nice big room and kept very clean with a tremendous view of the ocean from your room or balcony. The rest of the duration we had a garden bungalow which was just as spacious although luggage storage area was a little smaller. Also kept nice and clean. All the staff are happy to help with anything you may need, and anything that needed doing in your room was attended to promptly. The restaurant Le Zat has flawless food, not once did we have anything that I would not order again, well done to all the chefs and cooking staff. Whilst here we attended the cooking school which I highly recommend and well worth the money a great day. The hotel itself is within walking distance to numerous restaurant's, supermarkets, and ATMs. There is beach in front of hotel but it is quite rocky. Would definitely return and thankyou to all the staff at Ashyana for making mine and my mothers holiday an stress free remember able experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great restaurant with very friendly, professional and attentive staff. Tasty dishes (try the lemon&passionfruit ice cream cheesecake) good prices and impeccable service. Nice ambience by the sea & poolside after dark, a good place to have a glass of wine and listening to the ocean.

However, the hotel itself doesn't live up to the 4 star standard it aspires to.
The bathrooms are in desperate need of renovations. Despite the bathsuites being spacious and the little mini gardens and the semi outdoor structure, it doesn't make up for the interior being really old and dull, begging for renovation since -93 by the look of it.The first night, our bathroom got infested with flying ants, thankfully, housekeeping quickly got it under control. Once again, the staff are the highlights of this hotel.

Also, this was the first hotel that I've stayed at in my entire life that didn't have safety deposit boxes in the rooms.

At check out, my visa card was for some reason refused. Well aware of my balance which I had checked jut a few hours earlier, I was really surprised explaining it to the manager, asking him to try to charge my card manually, guessing that the card terminal was faulty. He just shrugged, had me leave all my belongings with him as a deposit and asked me to run to the nearest atm to fetch cash. Thank God I had time, and that there's a Mandiri ATM booth on the other side of the road. Once I returned with cash, I got no apology even though it was evident that it was their terminal rather than my card being the problem. Not 4 star service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank DivaFabulous
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have travelled to Candidasa a fair few time and have stayed in a number of hotels but this one has exceed all of the rest. This I travelled with my mother and my Aunty, We stayed here for 8 nights in May 2013 in the spacious family room. The room was large with 2 bedrooms (3beds) that both had A/C. The beds were a bit of a shock at first as they are hard to the touch but very comfortable to sleep in. The staff are wonderful and as an 18yo found I them very easy to get along with, the service was excellent. The hotel was always kept clean and tidy. Truly a beautiful place to stay. Everyone is very accommodating and helpful. My mother hurt her leg on the 3rd day we were in Bali and was unable to walk far or really leave the hotel, The staff could see she was having difficulties walking and lent her a walking stick to help her get around and made her feel very welcome and comfortable. They also suggested an amazing masseur to help ease the muscle pain.
One of the best parts about this hotel was that all of the staff made an effort to learn you name and they would always greet you whenever they saw you. There is not one bad thing about this hotel and I can honestly say this is one of the best hotels in Bali.
Thank you to all of the staff for making our stay wonderful and relaxing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ClydieRider
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Arrived at the start of a special holiday with a group of 10. Wayan and his team of staff couldn't have done any more for us and even went out of their way to ensure they put the little extra touches to our time at Ashyana. Small and friendly team, including bar and kitchen staff were amazing. Cooking class on the beach by head chef Kutut was amazing. Our snorkelling trip out to Blue Lagoon was well organised and a great experience. I would have no hesitation in recommending this resort.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are obviously the best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KAmor12
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful peaceful spot. The staff were wonderful and Wayan you ensured that our trip was so special. The cooking school, the snorkeling and the wonderful birthday celebration. Thank you for everything we appreciated it so much - just such a wonderful start to our trip. I look forward to returning with my husband.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Kariasa W, General Manager at Ashyana Candidasa, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Value Guest.

Warmest greeting from Ashyana Candidasa and Lezat Beach Restaurant team..

Thank you for your greeting and our team was so happy to get your massage and you were happy with us.

Hope your cooking lessen is good time to start make some of Indonesian dishes.

If you any don't understand please email me and we are happy to assist you again.

We will more happy when you are coming back with your family again.

Best regards to your family .

I Wayan Kariasa
København, Staden Kobenhavn, Denmark
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Very nice small resort with friendly staff and a good restaurant.
We stayed in one of the two ocean view rooms, which was really nice. A bit worn down but clean and the view from the terasse is lovely.
The beach right in front is not good for swimming due to the many rocks. But the pool is very nice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ashyana C, General Manager at Ashyana Candidasa, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Value Guest..

Thank you for your great comment and all my team so happy to get your massage in trip advisor.

We are waiting you stay again in future with us.

Best Regards,

Wayan Kariasa
Espergaerde, Denmark
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very nice place - friendly and kind staff. Thanks to all at Ashyana resort for making our stay a very pleasent holiday with only good memories - you have a wonderfull place - keep up the good spirit kind regards from Jørgen and Ingelise from Denmark.

Room Tip: Be sure to have one of the rooms with the most wonderfull view over the sea and the pool area. Th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Value Guest

Warmest greeting from Ashyana Candidasa team.

All our team so happy and thank you for your great comment,

We hope your next trip to Candidasa will choice Ashyana is one of your holiday.

We will do our best to make your nice memorial.

Nice regards,