We spent 3 nights here in March and it was incredibly charming. We loved it. It is a small resort that has obviously undergone some recent renovations and expansion. There are now 2 pools: the older one is still fine, but the new infinity pool is awesome. We spent a happy time there leaning on the infinity edge, looking out over the ocean.
We reserved a Deluxe Room and followed up the reservation by e-mail asking for a 2nd floor room with a good view. We got exactly what we hoped for. Our room had a spectacular view over the infinity pool and ocean. It could hardly have been any better. The room was so nicely decorated. It oozed charm. It really did look exactly as the rooms appear on the hotel’s website. The balcony was lovely, too, with a very comfortable daybed – perfect for ocean-gazing during the day and star-gazing at night. There is even a clothes drying rack provided on the balcony. How’s that for thoughtfulness?
Our 3 night package included a dinner and that is the only meal we ate in the restaurant, other than the breakfasts. The dinner was OK, but nothing special. The breakfast buffet, too, was OK but nothing special. It seems that restaurant renovations have not happened yet, but since everything else about the hotel has been upgraded, we think that the restaurant is probably next on the list.
The hotel offers a free shuttle to the town area twice a day and it is a good idea to take advantage of this. The hotel is only about 2 or 3 kilometers from the town, which isn’t far, but the weather is hot and there are no sidewalks, so a ride is useful – at least once. After that it’s easy to get free rides – when you walk along the street in town, every restaurant has staff out front who press their brochures into your hands. They all offer free pickups and returns in exchange for eating at their restaurants. When you get ready for lunch or dinner, just call one of them and they’ll send a driver to get you.
This is a charming, peaceful hotel and if we ever go back to Bali, we will definitely go to Candi Beach Cottages again. Until then our memories will have to sustain us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the delightful Candi Beach Resort and Spa - Candi Beach Villas in peaceful east Bali, escape from the hustle and bustle, and embrace the tranquility. Spacious green tropical garden, clean beach and clear sea water. Our enchanting and intimate 4+ star resort rests amid swaying palm trees within the quiet and natural environs of the beautiful Mendira Bay, Candidasa in the royal Balinese regency of Karangasem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candi Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candi Beach Cottage Hotel Candidasa
- Candi Beach Cottage Karangasem
- Candi Beach Resort & Spa Bali/Candidasa