We had stayed in the centre of Candidasa before, so we enjoyed having a change and staying outside - the hotel runs a shuttle service twice a day if you want to go into town - and when you are in town you can easily find a driver for a day trip (500,000 - 600,000Rp a day - $50 - £35). If Yiu are transferring to a hotel in a different part of Bali, the driver will drive you there and stop at the main temples and sites, or for a photo stop.
We were very disappointed when we first arrived at Candi Beach Cottages, as they had given our Cottage to someone else - they said that it would not be possible to put an extra bed in a cottage. They gave us a normal room instead and we were very satisfied with this, as the rooms are bigger than the cottages, and ours faced onto the garden and we could see the sea from the patio.
The hotel is by a beach which is very quiet, and you can go snorkelling, but you need to check on the currents - there is a diagram which tells you where to swim. It's useful if you have your own mask and snorkel. There are two pools plus a narrow children's pool, which is very appropriate for young children. There are lots of sunbeds around the pool - you can choose to be in the sun or the shade.
There is building work in the hotel, and as a result the evening buffet is free, which is a bonus at present. This is themed; we most enjoyed the Indonesian evening. There is always a good salad selection (breakfast and dinner) - but a lot of the food is fried - this is an area which the hotel could impove. At breakfast you can order eggs/pancakes - this is better than the pre-cooked food. As is common in Indonesia, the juice tastes as if it made from a concentrate, but they also make some fresh juices - these are considerably watered down, so it is another area which the hotel could improve. Drinks are expensive.
Overall we were pleased with our stay in the hotel and we felt that it was good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the delightful Candi Beach Resort and Spa - Candi Beach Villas in peaceful east Bali, escape from the hustle and bustle, and embrace the tranquility. Spacious green tropical garden, clean beach and clear sea water. Our enchanting and intimate 4+ star resort rests amid swaying palm trees within the quiet and natural environs of the beautiful Mendira Bay, Candidasa in the royal Balinese regency of Karangasem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candi Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candi Beach Cottage Hotel Candidasa
- Candi Beach Cottage Karangasem
- Candi Beach Resort & Spa Bali/Candidasa