Arrived relatively late at night, after a little difficulty finding the turn off from the main road, reception were very welcoming and well organised, providing some very welcome cold wet towels to take the edge off the heat!
We'd booked a bungalow, and were shown to a room right in front of the main lower pool, opposite the restaurant. The room was clean, bright and relatively spacious, with a similarly impressive bathroom. The only complaint we'd have with the room was that the aircon was clearly a bit ropey, it made a lot of noise at night and was dripping in the morning - however, we did not have to report this as housekeeping reported it first thing and had engineers looking at it in the late morning - very impressive fixing speed!
As for location, I was hoping that we'd be a bit closer to town. As it was, it was a 20 min walk along a pretty busy road with pretty crazy traffic, with large sections without pavement. There's no direct route along the sea front. As such, we felt a bit confined to the resort.
Facilities-wise, the infinity pool and the lower pool were both fantastic, particularly at sunset! The towels service was handy, and the bar service good. The restaurant was also very good, although perhaps a little on the pricey side compared with other restaurants we subsequently saw (although to be expected given the distance to alternatives). The beach was visitable at low tide, although there was quite a bit of litter (mostly plastic) in the sea, you can swim a bit (being wary of currents). Again, only a minor complaint - one night the hotel ran a function for some sort of motorbike sporting event - there was quite a bit of construction noise in the day, and then in the evening the event had to move from it's original venue to the hotel restaurant due to a thunderstorm. We were informed that the restaurant closed, and that we should leave, however the party continued in the same location - felt a bit as though we'd been booted out of our own facilities.
The staff were friendly and helpful, answering any queries we had, and they also had a free cocktail tasting event (or rather, half-hour) one night, which was nice touch. Having seen other prices in Bali, the advertised prices for the tours seem a bit steep, so make sure you do your research and be prepared to negotiate (like everywhere on Bali, I guess!).
Breakfast included a very good spread in a buffet style - with good quality cereals, fresh fruit selection, breads, pastries etc. along with bacon/chicken sausage/beans etc.
Overall, an excellent stay in a very well maintained and beautiful location, just a little far from Candi Dasa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the delightful Candi Beach Resort and Spa - Candi Beach Villas in peaceful east Bali, escape from the hustle and bustle, and embrace the tranquility. Spacious green tropical garden, clean beach and clear sea water. Our enchanting and intimate 4+ star resort rests amid swaying palm trees within the quiet and natural environs of the beautiful Mendira Bay, Candidasa in the royal Balinese regency of Karangasem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Candi Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candi Beach Cottage Hotel Candidasa
- Candi Beach Cottage Karangasem
- Candi Beach Resort & Spa Bali/Candidasa