“Very good hostel and awesome breakfast!”
Review of Ari Homestay

and 1 more site!
Ari Homestay
Ranked #6 of 19 Candidasa B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Ari Homestay is a very good place, if you want to be spend your time in Candidasa, the hostel is located in the principal street, the rooms are clean and confortable and the people were helpful and polite we us. The hostel have near the mini market and restaurants, the breakfast is included and really is very big and delicious, you can choose omellet, scrambled eggs or panckakes, with bread, fruit and Balinese coffee, also you have near the best Aussie hamburger! at a very good price, really I recommend this homestay!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is by no means 5 star, probably 2-3 star in some rooms but it has:
Owner Gary who is most helpful , friendly & funny.
Cheap cool accommodation.
Across road from beach
Free big breakfast with accommodation, (no nasi goreng)
The best hot dogs & hamburgers on the planet
Coldest beers in Bali.
Always other interesting travellers passing through...

Room Tip: Get the new nicer rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Unreal home away from home . I had the best roast roll ever and also a chicken burger . It's fantastic to come and share your adventures and sit down and relax and enjoy good food and a beer with Gary , Tyo and everyone else that is travelling its so friendly and welcoming great staff . Can't wait to go back . Andrew and Vicky Warrnambool Australia .

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

After reading the reviews, I booked a room here for my two night stay in Candi Dasa. When I arrived, I was shown to my room. You could see right through the matchstick blinds, which meant as a woman traveling alone, anyone could see right into my room, day or night. There was a crack in, and a chunk out of the toilet seat, which felt unsanitary. Once it got dark, it was pitch dark walking across a small parking lot and up a few stairs to get to the room. I did not feel safe or comfortable staying there.

I could not get connected to the internet, (although other guests had no problem), and rather than help, Gary said, "Why do you need the internet on holiday, anyway?"

The noise from the road and all the trucks in my room location was extremely loud.

I walked around town until I found better accommodations at the beautiful Acquaria, went back to the Ari Home Stay, and checked out. It was worth paying for the one night not to have to stay there. Gary was helpful and let me know I'd have to cancel the second night with booking.com, which I did.

I have to say, though, that the Australians staying there seemed to think it was great, and seemed to be having a great time hanging out with each other. It was just not for me.

I did go by there the next day to get a burger for lunch, based on the outstanding reviews, and I can say that I do highly recommend the burgers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Lovesoul
Reviewed June 25, 2013

By far the best base in East Bali. Ari Home Stay has all one needs for a safe, clean and happy environment. The big breakfast has you well prepared for your days journey around East Bali and when you return to tell of your adventures there is always great people to share them with.
The rooms suit every ones budget.
Gary,Tyo and all the staff make you feel as though you are part of one big happy family.
I'll be going back as many times as my boss gives me time off work.
Hope to see you there too.
Charlie - Wembley WA

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely recommend staying at gary's place. This is really good value for money and the owner and his family are just exceptionally friendly and helpful. Gary introduced me to everyone and even invited me to join him and his friends for dinner the fist night I got there. I met so many people while staying there and this place is pretty much unique in Bali if you ask me. The breakfast is huge and yummy and please make sure to order the chilli burger - it's just amazing. If I ever come back to Bali I'm gonna be at Gary's, for sure.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Didn't stay here , just had lunch - absolute best burgers in town - really good , make sure you have one .
Will definately will be going back for more , thanks - your food is great . , looking forward to returning .

• Stayed: April 2013