“great dinner location”

Aquaria
Ranked #33 of 69 Restaurants in Candidasa
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wonderful beach front restaurant on the terrace of a lovely hotel. Overlooks pool and ocean. Had one of the best tofu main courses I had in all of Bali, also delicious appetizers of grilled fish.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Having been to this restaurant earlier in the year, I returned in September 2012 with a friend to enjoy the lovely view, great service and excellent food. I was not disappointed. Fresh salad / soup / seafood with friendly waiters and a clean, quiet atmosphere. As this restaurant mostly caters for the few guests, there aren't too many tables (good if you want a romantic dinner but you wouldn't be able to have a large dinner party here).

I also had a manicure at the spa part of the resort. Affordable, and great service. Nicer atmosphere than a lot of the street side shops offering spa services.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have been to Bali on a number of occasions and normally choose to stay away from the intensive tourist areas in the South. We normally organise our trip so that we stay a few nights in 4 or 5 different places with a days tourist ventures in between.
We discovered the Aquaria almost by accident. The place that we had booked in Padang Bai on the strength of its grossly misleading web description was so bad that we booked out after 2 nights and were lucky to get a last minute booking at the Aquaria in Candidasa.
The Aquaria would be without doubt, one of the best accommodations and restaurants in Bali! There are a range of room configurations that are tastefully and comfortably furnished, set around a beautiful pool. The complex fronts the sea down a long road noise eliminating drive and much as there is no sand like most of Candidasa, there is quite reasonable swimming and snorkelling directly in front of the complex.
We were very impressed that it seemed that all of our wants and needs were almost anticipated and catered for before we even had to enquire, and it was a pleasure to interact with staff who were not only impeccably turned out but trained as well.
We ate several meals apart from breakfast at their restaurant and were impressed with the fresh fair, beautifully presented by responsive staff. Theirs was the only restaurant during any of our holidays in Bali who have served free purified table water and kept filling our glasses.
If you want a quiet, totally relaxing, comfortable and we think inexpensive place to stay in Eastern Bali, we don't think that you will find much better accomodation or eating than at the Aquaria.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We tried this place thinking it had a limited fixed menu, but were delighted to find several options including an a la carte menu. It is off the main road and down a narrow lane near the ocean. The restaurant is small, with only 6-7 tables. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The ambiance was not the best, but I found it relaxing. The fixed menu was a bit expensive by local standards, but the chicken satay with vegetables I had was only around $4, and it was very good. I also sampled a curry dish and did not find it overly hot. I was also quite happy with their pick up and return service.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I heard been told that Aquaria was a nice place to eat in Candi Dasa, but unfortunately the night I was there the food was so bad we could not eat it. It seemed like everything was over spiced. My companion has a dish with cinnamon in it and it was unedible. The curry was obviously microwaved and not cooked freshly as the rim of the bowl had that microwave ring. Very disappointed and it would take a lot of courage for me to go back when there are so many consistently good restaurants in Candi Dasa.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Good set menu. Nice accommodation. Free water refill during the entire meal. Friendly staff. Food comparable with Vincent's ( maybe slightly better) and a bit cheaper