All reviews candi dasa large pool relaxing holiday dive shop free shuttle away from the hustle and bustle blue lagoon local restaurants water palace jensen yoyo kuta bali ocean driver timeshare loaf
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020

This was our first time to Candi Dasa and we booked this resort through Interval International. I've seen a few negative reviews and I'd like to put it in perspective. If you want 5 star accommodation and everything at your beck and call, stay at Nusa Dua but if you want a truly relaxing holiday with very friendly and attentive staff, stay here.

Our resort driver was waiting for us at Denpasar Airport and was very informative on the trip to the resort, which takes about an hour. I admit that when we arrived and entered the fairly dark reception, we were a bit apprehensive but this quickly disappeared as we walked past the well manicured gardens on our way to our one bedroom room over looking the water. The place was very spacious and clean with a well equipped kitchen and seprate large bedroom. Sure, the furniture and bathroom were a bit dated but we hadn't come here to stay cooped up in our room.

There is a very large pool surrounded by sunbeds and unbrellas and an all day bar and restaurant. There is no real beach but there are several within walking distance but we mainly used the pool. There are also two sunken massage tables next to the pool. There are several optional activities and recption can organise tours and diving including a free trial dive.

There are plenty of restaurants and shops if you want to self-cater, all within walking distance.

We are definitely coming back.

Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank Iain M
Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

We had a two week stay here. Pool area was great. If staying and have a problem with stairs make sure you ask for a downstairs room.
As our flight back to Australia goes at 1030 pm I asked for a late checkout but I was told an extra two hours would cost 35.00 usd. I thought that was bit rough after staying here for two weeks. Also I had been advised that the current occupancy rate is around 50% so it was not that they did have enough rooms .
Probably will not come back here as our friend were staying at another hotel in town and were given late checkout with no questions asked. The little things make a lot of difference.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank O523SHstevem
Reviewed January 10, 2020

Rooms are old and falling apart. First trip to the restraint and the whole family got Bali Belly for two days. Food was terrible and avoid the breakfast unless you like flys on everything. Food kept in a pie warmer at low temp.

Staff very friendly and helpful but never would I stay here again with the family. Time share people accosted is at the pool on the first day and would not leave us alone until they understood they had the wrong people. Not sure what the time share is about but there are 3 salesmen that hang around by the pool.

If you stay near the pool then you better like staying awake on Tuesday and Friday nights. Our first Friday night and the music was pumping until 10.30pm. Not for the family

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank cakey303
Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

Very nice and large pool. That's the end of the good comments, now onto the bad.

Room was clean but very old, dated and tired. Couch was rock solid and very uncomfortable, the bathroom sink and cabinet coming away from the wall and the sink itself overflowing with sewage, most days it went down but then it didn't and they had to fix it. While they were fixing they left the room and we came back from breakfast to an open door and all our belongings on show for anyone to take. Not good!

Only one key card allowed, even though there are 5 of us. So had to plan our days around that as the card also turns on the electric in the room. Wifi was spotty and barely worked.

We have only ate at the restaurant once, awful food and so expensive. With the ridiculous 21% added on top that no where else adds on. Plenty of much better and cheaper places to eat down the main road.

Then we get to the time share guys. We booked this holiday through a Facebook/website deal like lots of others. Problem is you don't get told about the catches until after you have paid (good luck getting a refund if you don't agree)

Thought, sure I can sit through a pitch, no big deal. Arranged to do it at 9:30am. So I waited and Sat outside our room and waited and waited. 10:15 I gave up. Went round to the pool for a swim and got accosted by one of the guys that I missed the meeting and I'm supposed to magically know where to meet without being told. Guy was rude and I walked away. Another guy who was nicer then asked me to reschedule for 12:30 the next day. All good. Go at 12:30 but got told it had to be both of us to attend. Said that's not happening that the wife was with our one year old being grumpy teething, feeding and napping. Said it definitely had to be both of us. 2hrs go by and unfortunately he had to leave and couldn't wait any longer. At anytime he could have had a meeting with me and chose not to.

So when he left,  his rude mate from yesterday came up to me and explained that because WE missed the meeting they would charge us $300!!!! Apparently It's in the terms and conditions we signed. But it's not, I looked, it just says guests have to attend, and I did, twice! They will not EVER be taking more money from me and I made that clear.

Went to leave this morning to go home and there was a bill for $300 waiting for me at reception...yeah not paying it and if Bali palms think they are taking it be prepared to be sued.

Just stay away from this place and their dodgy salesmen. Horrible experience that completely ruined an otherwise an ok holiday.

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank saviorstrikes
komangastawa, General Manager at Bali Palms Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Dear Valued Guests,

This is to acknowledge receipt your comment posted on this portal.
within this response, I would like to clarify all bout the points you rise up. after listening our Sales Manager - dave Ralls, here are the points that we need to mention based on our point of views:
- as you know and stated clearly on the voucher that your holiday is based on fly buy. As one of the conditions that you need to attend presentation should be both of you as you put the information on the form that you are married couple, otherwise you definitely not eligible
- During your stays at our resort, you didn't mention anything,any issue about the room but when you have a problem with booking condition you start to mention bad thing about our services which is for us this is not fair.
- Our Sales Manager and his team have made some appointment but according to our sales team you didn't show up, then on the next appointment you came but without wife. this is breaching the terms and conditions which are you should understand before make a booking.

So in our opinion all you mentioned above is not objective, too personal as you have crossed with Dave
Your faithfully
Komang

Reviewed January 1, 2020

What a wonderful resort. Away from the hustle and bustle of Dempasar and Kuta. Right on the beach quiet, great staff always friendly. A place to stay with family friends or just by yourself.
Local shops are nice don’t pack much buy it all here.

Room tip: The studio units are the best for views and the sea breeze
Date of stay: December 2019