We booked a week through one of the deals on eBay and I am glad we did. We are a family of 6 and we need an apartment style room for our needs. The room 512 was adequate although we only had one bathroom to share. It was great to buy mangos and then enjoy them for breakfast on the balcony. The kitchen was OK for our needs although a dish drainer and a bigger rubbish bin would have been better.
I loved the pool area with a fantastic view and nice surroundings. The cafe and bar area was nice as well. The beach itself is pretty ordinary especially compared to Australian beaches. This is not the resorts fault. I wish something could be done about the rubbish in the nearby streams. The beach at the sister resort "Shangrila" is much better and a complimentary bus will take you there. The snorkeling off the beach there even rivaled Exmouth WA in fish life.
I liked the fact you had an identity there. The two resorts are small enough where you can get to know the other guests and the staff quite well. I hate being just another face in the crowd. My children and I also used the dive company at the Shangrila. We dived at Blue Lagoon and the Liberty shipwreck at Tulamben. It was great fun.
All in all we enjoyed our stay and purchased a week in the timeshare deal that they had. Next time we hope to get a 2 bedroom villa near the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Palms Resort is located right on the beachfront with breathtaking views of sea, islands and mountain backdrop. It is a luxury, modern hotel & residential gated resort, offering a full range of high standard facilities to make our guests & owners comfortable for short holidays or medium and long stay residential. Our Resort is just 1 hour 15 mins from the airport on the new by-pass. The Resort has 48 Luxury accommodations set round a very large pool with plenty of sun beds and umbrellas. The resort comprises Hotel Rooms, Studios, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments & Villas, many with private walled gardens. Palms Resort is family owned and promotes a strong family atmosphere, with friendly and helpful staff dedicated to your holiday enjoyment. We have a superb beachfront bar & restaurant with Happy Hours 4 - 6 pm plus a weekly entertainment program of traditional Balinese Dance, Fire Dance & Showgirl Cabaret plus Resident Groups. Spoil yourself in Palms Spa centre which offers traditional Balinese massage, therapy treatments and pedicure service. We even have a Medical Centre with resident Doctor and Nurse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bali Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Palms Hotel Candidasa
- Bali Palms Resort Candidasa