“Ultimate Package”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cansaulim
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Ultimate Package”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Was my 2nd visit to this hotel , the 1st being several years back around when it was launched by Sita Travels . Must say they have quite maintained standards and the property over the years . Value for money is hard to beat !!! Clifton and Swiston made all formalities a breeze.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jasbirdyn
Guitry_Velho, General Manager at Heritage Village Club Goa, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!!

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Heritage Village Club on your recent vacation to Goa and we also appreciate you sparing time and posting a review on tripadvisor.

We are delighted to note that our services, cuisine, and facilities were to your satisfaction.

The team at the resort also joins me in thanking you for your gracious comments.

Your compliments will certainly motivate us to continue to deliver warm and friendly holiday experiences.

I thank you for the recomendation and look forward to having more opportunities to serve you on your future visits to Goa.

The Heritage Village Club - Goa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is certainly a 5 star experience from when you arrive to your final wave goodbye. Everything has been thought through to make your stay just that bit special. Indian welcome, with fruit cocktails. Clean and good sized rooms with complimentary snacks and drinks. Beautifully maintained pool and gardens. Huge choice of Indian and Western good at buffet meal times.

Room Tip: Poolside room with nice sunny aspect
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Binks0045
Guitry_Velho, General Manager at Heritage Village Club Goa, responded to this review, November 8, 2013

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Heritage Village Club on your recent holiday to Goa and also for sharing such a lovely reveiw on Tripadvisor.

Your Positive observations with regards to the product, services , accomodation , gardens , food and facilities is very inspirational to all of us.

We thank you once again for the recomendation and my team and I look forward to your return and hope to be your preffered resort whenever you travel to Goa.

Hinckley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Arrived at the hotel on 18.03.2013 for a 2 week stay, we were greeted with the usual refreshing drinks. After 30 minutes checking in we were shown to our room, this could have been quicker but we decided to relax in the reception area and let everyone else go first.
I had paid the extra and upgraded to a superior room (over £200) with garden view only to be shown to a room overlooking the pool less then 20m from the stage that we knew to be used at night. I managed to get back to reception to speak to the rep to be told that the hotel did not have any of these rooms and never has. I then paid an extra £200 to be upgraded to a club room that overlooked the garden. I am a very light sleeper and need a room to be quiet. This not a criticism of the hotel as it was not their fault that Thomson had sold me a fictional room. Thomson has refused to refund my money as I could not prove the booking had said garden view even though I would not have booked this hotel without this option.
Now for the review of this wonderful hotel as I have got my complaint out of the way.
The club rooms are very reasonably sized and are located behind the main block away from the noise of the stage. There is a fridge in the room (not an option in the other rooms) and is filled regularly. We were on the first floor and had a good size balcony, the rooms on the ground floor have a patio area that leads straight into the garden area.
The food and service in the main restaurant were truly amazing and worthy of a 5* hotel. There were options for people who don’t like curry and there were some but why go to India if you don’t like curry and then complain about the food. Over the whole 2 weeks neither of us suffered any stomach problems. I don’t normally go for vegetarian food but some of the vegetable curries were the best I have eaten. We ate at the a la carte restaurant twice which is situated outside the hotel and took the option to eat at the tables under gazebo’s and again the food was marvellous, the molten chocolate pudding is something I still dream about.
It was Jodie’s birthday while we at the hotel so I went to reception to see if they could arrange some flowers as it never hurts to earn some brownie points. I was told that these would be free and supplied as a present from the hotel. On the day the lovely lady from customer services actually came out to the pool to wish Jodie a happy birthday. The flowers were duly delivered to the room along with a card signed by some of the staff and a birthday cake as well. This was such a nice touch that I confessed they were from the hotel and gave up my free brownie points.
There is a barber/masseur that will give you a shave or a neck/shoulder massage in the garden by the pool, he is so cheap that not once did I plug my shaver in all holiday. The animation team were great without being in your face even coming round during the day with a cold water spray for your feet to help you cool down.
The pool is warm, clean and of a good size even I went in and I never go in the pool. The grounds around the pool are beautiful and the gardeners are extremely proud of the work they do. The beach is 300m away and is reached by road followed by a path and a small footbridge, the rep said the beach is over 20 miles long and I have no reason to doubt him as it is absolutely massive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gary-Jodie
Guitry_Velho, General Manager at Heritage Village Club Goa, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay at The Heritage Village and we appreciate you sparing time and posting a lovely review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to know that our Sevices , Cuisine and facilities were to your satisfaction.

The team at the resort joins me in thanking you for your gracious comments.

Your compliments will go a long way to motivate all of us to continually aspire to acheive the expectations that our guests have of us.

I thank you for the recommendation and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We visited Heritage Village Club Goa post our wedding. The hotel is conveniently located at a drive of 20 mins from airport. Every one at the hotel was co-operative and exceeded expectations. Everyone - James, Anne, Lester, Mahadev, Sophia, Mr Vikram Gupta, Chef Ramesh made us to experience wonderful hospitality during our 4 nights stay. Thank you all. Kudos to General Manager Mr. Guitry Velho to lead such a wonderful team. Have brought wonderful memories from this stay. Will definitely visit again. :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank hitenderm
Guitry_Velho, General Manager at Heritage Village Club Goa, responded to this review, November 6, 2013

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!

It was a pleasure having you stay at The Heritage Village Club on your recent vacation to Goa and we appreciate you sparing time and posting a review on Tripadvisor.

I am truly delighted to know that our services and facilities were to your liking.

The team at the resort joins me in thanking you for your gracious comments .

Your compliments will go a long way in motivating us to continue to deliver warm and friendly holiday experiences.

i thank you for your recomendation and look forward to having more opportunities of serving you on your future visits to The Heritage Village Club.

Guitry Velho
The Heritage Village Club - Goa.
Mumbai
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Good: Well maintained property, close to a beach, which is also quite clean and not crowded
Bad:
1. The place is in South Goa and quite far away from the regular tourist spots. Be prepared to pay 1500-2000 INR for a taxi for every trip when you want to go out. There isnt even a restaurant within 5 km of the place, so you'll be able to have meals only at the resort itself!
2. They have something called a 'package deal'. Don't dare come to this resort if you've not booked the package deal, coz they will take every chance they get to remind you what a loser you are for booking without it! The package deal includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, and they have no a-la-carte options at their restaurant, so you basically have to pay them 450 INR/head/meal to eat from the buffet there. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of this when I booked, so the first thing they did when I came to the resort was to tie a 'yellow band' to my wrist so that they could distinguish us from the other guests and prevent us from entering their restaurant! On top of this they would point out at every occasion that 'this facility is for package deal', etc.
3. They'll make sure you exit the resort as soon as check-out time is over - don't even bother to offer to pay extra for a room in case your flight leaves late - they're not interested!

Overall we enjoyed ourselves by forgetting these snobs and focusing on why we came there, but I certainly will not be going there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Osho A
Dear Osho,

Warm Greetings!!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Heritage Village Club Goa during your recent vacation and also for sharing your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

While i am happy to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us and found the resort to be well maintained , I am disheartened to read that you found our team not helpful and snobish and that we were unable to meet with your expectations.

It is my teams and my constant endeavour to strive for complete guest satisfaction and all of us work very hard towards acheiving our goal. I am disheartened that we did not acheive this during your stay with us.

The Resort is located in South Goa and is quite central in its location , 20 minutes drive from the airport and another 20 to 30 minutes drive from any of the major cities in Goa while also being on the very serene Arossim beach.

The yellow bands are provided as a mark of identification as the resort has many packages that one could avail off and not necessarily to perevent guests from availing any services.

The buffet meals and all incluisive upgrades are priced nominally for Bed and Breakfast guests which was on offer in October only.

A la carte options are available through our restaurants , Forrest for kebabs and curries and The Mango terrace for European cuisine.

Your feedback on our services is positively accepted and will give us a perspective to work on our shortcomings.

I thank you once again and do look forward to welcoming you back to Goa and to The Heritage Village Club on your future visits.

Germany
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had stayed here for 2 nights and 3 days and the place is really good. The staff is very courteous.The hotel also conducted events and DJ. The beach is located in a walking distance to the pool and is a very clean beach. The overall experience was great.

3 Thank AnupamaPujar
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!!

We thank you for sharing your experience at The Heritage Village Club on Tripadvisor.

Your positive observations with regards to our product, services , activities and facilities is inspirational to all of us.

Our team were also delighted to note that their efforts were appreciated.

My team and I look forward to your return and hope to be your preferred resort whenever you travel to Goa

Mangalore, India
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The heritage Village Club is a neat resort with all the amenities you could ever ask. But what I liked the best is the layout of the resort, which has the pool as its nerve centre. This adds to the ambience . The staff are very friendly and the rooms clean and luxurious. Food too is great.We were a group of 32 people between the age group of 1 to 74 years. It was the Huge Indian Family get together. The activities were nice and the evening entertainment great. All in all we had FUN !! Really would recommend IT !! Cheers !

Room Tip: If you are water person, I recomend you take a ground floor room. But the 1st floor rooms are also g...
1 Thank RohitRaoWild
Guitry_Velho, General Manager at Heritage Village Club Goa, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Rao,

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!

It was a pleasure to have you and your group to stay at the Heritage Village club during your recent vacation to Goa.

Thank you very much for sharing your views and compliments on our service, product , food and facilities on tripadvisor.

We are delighted to know that you found our services to a very high standard. My team and I deem it a privilage to have served you and your group and we are truly happy to read such a lovely review from you.

Every guests is very special to us and it is our endeavour to ensure that all our guests have a memorable experience with us.

We thank you once again and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

The Heritage Village Club - Goa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cansaulim
Taj Exotica Goa
The Leela Goa
#1 of 10 in Cavelossim
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Whispering Palms Beach Resort

Been to Heritage Village Club Goa? Share your experiences!