“Good.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cansaulim
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

But not good enough to keep returning year after year. Fed and watered upon arrival, check in could have been quicker but not too bad.
The room we had was clean and tidy with twin beds it did however only have one chair in the room and one patio chair.
As has already been said the hotel is small and the staff are really friendly especially the entertainment team during the day. My only real complaint was the chaos of meal times, normally if drinks are served then the room is split and waiters cover so many tables. Not the case here, waiters seem to wander aimlessly when all I wanted was a drink and if you fetch it yourself after many attempts of trying to be noticed then it seems as if you have caused offence. But again everyone is so friendly.
The food although limited in choice is gorgeous and in two weeks I only found one course I didn't enjoy. The best food was definitely the Gala nights by the pool.
One thing I couldn't understand was that local kingfisher lager is paid for whilst Tuborg is all inclusive whilst in the shacks kingfisher is cheaper.
The beach is a short walk and virtually deserted.
All in all a lovely place but there isn't enough there to return for a repeat trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Guitry_Velho, General Manager at Heritage Village Club Goa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Heritage Village Club on your recent holiday to Goa and also for taking the time out and sharing a reveiw on tripadvisor.

I am very delighted to know that you found our services to your satisfaction and my team and I are very happy to have your positive feedback on our accomodation and Cuisine at our various venues.

I am also happy to share with you that kingfisher beer is now available as an all inclusive option as well.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapse in concentration from my colleagues in the restaurant. We will ensure that such incidents do not reoccur by imparting continuous training to the entire team.

Once again, Thank you for your feedback and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Goa with a variety of new and exciting excusrions for you to participate in. Please write in to me at guitry@selecthotels.in and i would be glad to keep you posted.

The Heritage Village Club - Goa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The hotel was very relaxing and the staff were always willing to help.
The rooms were clean and tidy.
The food was delicious, with different curries everyday.
Will definately be returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan L
Dear Bryan,

Greetings from all of us in Goa!!

Thank you for Giving us the opportunity to serve you during your recent vacation to Goa. It was truly a pleasure to have you with us at The Heritage Village Club.

We also appreciate your gesture in sparing time and posting a lovely review on trip advisor.

Your positive observations on our Product, Accomodation , Cuisine and Servives is very inspirational to all of us. The team was also delighted to know that their efforts were so well recognised and appreciated by you.

Once again , I thank you for the recomendation and My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Goa and to The Heritage Village Club.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Nice and close to the airport so only short transfer so we arrived nice and quickly, had to wait 2 hours for are room which wasn't great. That is the only complaint in the whole of the 2 weeks.Wonderful staff, lovely well stocked rooms ,good food- breakfast up until 10.30 so we always made it. Great entertainment every night , brilliant a la carte in pretty gardens set apart from the hotel you really felt like you had eaten out in a top class restaurant .Lovely sun beds in a pretty garden area next to the swimming pool with its swim up bar which was a delight to use, could have done with toilets in this area as you had to go to your room or the reception . The hotel is a bit remote very little on the beach which is only about 5 minutes walk away and the nearby town is very much for locals, although the chemists was really good.We booked fairly close to going and for what we paid it was terrific value we were very impressed. Popped up to North Goa for a couple of nights you can haggle on the price of the taxi fare about 1400 rp for a one way trip is about right although you might get it cheaper.We also ventured down South the hotel is ideally situated to visit both. If you want a relaxing holiday in clean surroundings and with staff who nothing is too much trouble this could be your answer.

Room Tip: We were upstairs which was great, one person said their bathroom on the ground floor occasionally sm...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Guitry_Velho, General Manager at Heritage Village Club Goa, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the pleasure of serving you during your recent holiday to The Heritage Village Club!. We are indeed happy to have had this opportunity.

I am delighted to note that you found our team very pleasant, helpful and warm, My team and I are equally also delighted to receive your positive comments on our food, snack bar, activities, facilities and entertainment at the resort.

it is our constant endeavour to deliver excellant services and appreciation such as yours raises our moitivation to continually aspire to acheive the expectations that our guests have of us.

We are grateful for the positive feedback and would like to thank you for your recomendation. The entire team and I look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you on your next visit to Goa.

Guitry Velho
The Heritage Village Club - Goa.
London
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is my second visit to Goa; my first trip was some 20 years ago. I'm pleased to find that not all that much has changed in terms of Goa being unspoilt.

The Heritage Village Club is a very reasonable, mid-range hotel. The rooms are comfortable & clean, though would benefit from the inclusion of fridges in the rooms. An iron & ironing board would also be a nice addition but I’m being a little picky.

In many respects the greatest feature & asset of the hotel is the fantastic & almost overly attentive staff. They always seem happy & willing to help.

There are other positive selling points too, such as the very good standard & reasonable variety of food available at breakfast, lunch & dinner. The timings for each are well spaced-out – there’s no need to rush in the morning, for instance, as breakfast runs from 7.30am to 10.30am. Also particularly noteworthy on the dining front is the a la carte restaurant within the hotel complex, which allows 2 visits per week of your stay, as part of the all-inclusive package.

My only two relatively minor gripes of the whole stay concern, firstly, the remoteness of the hotel’s location and the proximity of the Heritage Village to the beach. In terms of the Heritage Village’s position, whilst it is a nice stroll into Arossim’s small town, having to walk ¾ to 1 mile in searing heat won’t be everybody’s idea of fun.

With regards to the closest beach, about 1/3rd of a mile away, the sea is very rough & is therefore too dangerous to bathe in. Realistically the nearest 'usable' beach is at Cavelossim, which is about 30 minutes away in a taxi.

The other minor 'moan' I had was the lack of variety in the fruit at the hotel. It tended to be just bananas, pineapple, apple & satsumas at breakfast, lunch & dinner. We are aware from our trips into the local markets that there are a great many other fruits available in Goa so it would be nice to see a wider selection available in the hotel.

To be fair to the hotel though, following a couple of moans about the fruit, they presented my partner & me with a basket in our room laden with numerous types of fruit not seen in the restaurant. This was a very nice gesture and one I hope The Heritage Village follows through with this as the general rule rather than an exception because I complained.

All-in-all a really good time had and I'd be happy to recommend the Heritage Village Club to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Guitry_Velho, General Manager at Heritage Village Club Goa, responded to this review, May 10, 2013

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!

Thank you for giving us the pleasure of serving you during your second visit to Goa. We are indeed very happy to have had this opportunity.

I am delighted to know that you found the team , attentive, warm and friendly. I am also very pleased to read your positive comments on our food and service at our various restaurants.

It is our constant endeavour to deliver excellant services and appreciation such as yours raises our motivation to continually aspire to acheive the expectation that our guest have of us.

With regards to the location of the hotel, We are actually well located being a 20 minute drive from the airport and a half hours drive from the towns of either Margao or Panjim or Vasco. The resort is also a 3 minute walk from the pristine Arossim beach. Your other suggestions have been duly noted by us.

I once again thank you for the recomendation and my team and I look forward to to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

birmingham
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was a very good value for money package holiday. I was amazed at the value for money that it provided. I booked fairly late, so it was a good deal. We had a standard pool view room, comfy beds, hot shower, tea coffee making facilities in the room, a safe, and much to my husbands delight, all the Premiership football live! The omelette station at breakfast was great, as I couldn't face curry at breakfast. Mid morning snacks around the pool consisted of toasties/sandwiches or some other snack, tea, biscuits, ice creams. Then lunch! Cold selection of salads, and curry, nice breads. Afternoon snacks by the pool, same as mid morning, and then evening meal! There was always a vegetarian dish - various curry dishes which were delicious, and I loved the naan bread that was delivered fresh to your table. You wouldn't possible go hungry here. Drinks were included from 11am till 11pm. I got quite fond of the white wine spritzers by the end of the week! Entertainment every night, which consisted of a magic show, music, dancers and Bollywood night. Very quiet after 11pm, which suited us fine. We did wander along the beach (for a change!) as far as our legs would go (about 50 minutes) after passing lots of beach shacks we settled on Sam's Goan beach shack. Amazing lobster and crab, whilst watching the sunset, and he bought us back to the Heritage in his car both nights!! Service! Really enjoyed the Heritage - staff were great. Special thanks to Clifton in the pool bar. Kay and Steve

1 Thank kayleighclue0
Dear Kay and Steve,

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at The Heritage Village Club on your recent holiday to Goa.

It was an absolute delight to have you with us.

We also deeply appreciate your gesture in taking time out and sharing such a detailed and gracious review on tripadvisor.

We are truly delighted to read your comment and know that you enjoyed the all inclusive package, the cuisine at our various restaurants, the snack bar, the house brands and cocktails , the accomodation and the facilites at the hotel.

I also want to thank you for mentioning our team members for their efforts in enhancing your stay at the resort. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the whole team.

My team and I once again would like to express our gratitute to you both for the recomendation and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Goa and to The Heritage Village Club.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My self (age 29) and my cousin (age 24) both stayed at The Heritage Village for 2 weeks in April and had a fantastic holiday with experiences that we will remember forever.

The accommodation was much better than I had expected with very comfortable, stylish rooms and food amazing. Before I went to India I did not eat curry, by the end of the Holiday I was eating it for breakfast, dinner and tea and loving it.

The beach only a short, pleasant walk with miles of deserted coastline with plenty of shacks dotted along if you fancy a drink.

I think the main thing that made our holiday was the friendliness of the staff, nothing was too much. I would like to make a special mention about Ashley the bar man (he was amazing), his service was fantastic and always went above and beyond and never stopped smiling. By the end of the holiday we knew all of the staff on first name basis and want to go back if not just to see them again.

The Hotel is also a fairly central location between north and south Goa making it a good base to go exploring.

I would rate this Hotel as a top end 4 star Hotel and suitable for people of all ages – we will definitely be going back.

Thank you Heritage Village for a fantastic holiday.

Matt Cogan & Caroline Norris

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool will have music until 11pm, but this did not bother us. Don't bother with...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Guitry_Velho, General Manager at Heritage Village Club Goa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Caroline and Matt,

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!

It was a real pleasure to have you stay with us at The Heritage Village Club during your recent vacation to Goa.

Thank you very much for such gracious comments on tripadvisor. Your review is truly appreciated by all of us at the resort.

It was an absolute pleasure to have had the opportunity to serve you.

I am also very delighted to note that you found our services to your satisfaction. It is my team's and my constant focus to provide our guests with warm and friendly fun filled holiday experience.

I am very grateful for your appreciation of our team members , especially Ashely. I will be most happy to convey your lovely comments to Ashley and the rest of the team as well.

I also thank you for your apprecition of our food, facilities and accomodation.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Goa and to The Heritage Village Club very soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from our first visit at heritage village club and would definitely return again!
Had such a chilled out atmosphere, staff happy to help in any way they can. Rooms a little basic, but other than that the remainder of hotel quite quaint and charming.
Food excellent, particularly at mango terrace. It would have been nice to have a greater selection of teas with breakfast, considering we were in India, but this, along with the basic rooms are the only criticism I can think of for this hotel.
Think it has to be mentioned, that the size of the hotel really helps to create an atmosphere in which people talk and get to know each other; met some really great people!

Wonderful holiday!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Burkeybum

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!

We thank you for sharing your holiday experience at The Heritage Village Club on tripadvisor.

Your positive observations with regards to our Product, Services , Cuisine and facilities is very inspirational to all of us.

Our team were also delighted to know that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Thank you for your suggestions which we will surely try and incorporate into our services wherever we can.

my team and I look forward to your return and hope to be your preferred resort whenever you travel to Goa.

With Best Regards

The Heritage Village Club - Goa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cansaulim
Taj Exotica Goa
Seashell Beach Suites
#1 of 64 in Candolim
Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa
Goa Marriott Resort & Spa

Been to Heritage Village Club Goa? Share your experiences!