“Excellent Holiday Excellent People”

Heritage Village Club Goa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cansaulim
Reviewed April 3, 2013

What a fantastic place to spend a holiday, wonderful staff from Guitry through to the cleaners. The Goans are fantastic happy people and nothing was too much trouble for anyone.
The rooms are clean tidy and have thoughtful touches such as the comb, toothbrush and toothpaste.
Food was excellent always a good choice for breakfast, wonderful evening meals especially the 2 nights we ate at Mango Terrace.We didn't eat lunch at the hotel as we were normally out so used the beach shacks. Starfish (Anthony's) was superb but make sure you haggle with Joseph to get a good deal on his wares
The beach 5-10 minutes walk away was clean and seemed to go on forever.
An excellent holiday the only thing that didn't appeal to us was the evening entertainment but that is a personal thing. Activities around the pool were interesting from napkin folding to beach cricket. The nature walk with James is a must you will learn much more in this free 2 hour walk than you will from paying to go to the spice plantation.
Many thanks to Guitry Andrea and the team for a wonderful hoilday

Room Tip: Club rooms at the back are very peaceful and have a wonderful balcony to listen to birdsong as you w...
2  Thank TONY&NIT
Guitry_Velho, General Manager at Heritage Village Club Goa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Heritage Village Club during your recent vacation to Goa.

Thank you so very much for your wonderful and gracious feedback on tripadvisor. Your lovely reveiw is highly appreciated by all of us at the resort.

My team and I deem it a privilage to have had the opportunity to serve you.

I am very delighted to know that you had an enjoyable vacation with us and found our services to your utmost satisfaction. I am grateful for your appreciation of our cuisine, services , activities, our gardens and the little touches in the room.

The team is also very excited and happy that their efforts were so well appreciated.

Such wonderful feedback really motivates all of us to keep doing our best everytime.

Thank you once again and we all look forward to having you stay with us again whenver you travel to Goa next. Till than wish you a incedible year ahead.

There are newer reviews for Heritage Village Club Goa

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Guitry and Andrea we have just returned from two weeks at the Heritage Village Club hotel and would like to say a big thank you for a fantastic holiday. All of the staff were so friendly and could not do enough for us and are a credit to you both. We both thought that the cocktail evening that you arranged was unexpected but what a great touch and to top it all getting to meet and chat to all the management team made us feel really at ease. We thought the all the food was fantastic and the Mango Terrace added a special touch to our stay. With the four theme nights during our stay we thoroughly enjoyed them, not just for the great food but also getting to meet and talk too many of the chefs. We were allocated room 220 and again cannot fault this room at all or the way it was keep spotlessly cleaned. This was our first trip to Goa and would like to say that the Heritage Village has done Goa proud and puts some other European hotels that are rated higher than the Heritage to shame and we will be returning, once again thank you both and please pass on our thanks to all your staff.
Robert & Julie

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Guitry_Velho, General Manager at Heritage Village Club Goa, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear Julie and Robert,

Very warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!

Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us at The Heritage Village Club during your recent holiday to Goa.

It was an absolute delight to have you with us.

We also deply appreciate your gesture in taking the time out to share such a lovely reveiw on tripadvisor. My team , Andrea and me are so glad that we all had the opportunity to meet you at the Manager's cocktail evening.

We also thank you for the very positive feedback and comments on the services , facilities, accomodation and cuisine at the resort. The team joins me in thanking you profusely for recognising the efforts they all put in in enhancing your holiday experience.

We all look forward to welcoming you both back to Goa and to The Heritage Village and hope to become your preffered hotel whenever you visit Goa again.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed at the heritage from 26th of february for two weeks. This was our first time in goa and we were not dissappointed with anything. After just two days we had news of a bereavement back home and the holiday was cut short for two of our party of four. Everyone at the hotel were wonderful, helpfull and very supportive, so a big thank you to the manager Guitry and all his team. also many thanks to karen, Stan and Frank,s tour,s who made us laugh all holiday. This hotel is quite possibly the most relaxing place i,ve ever been to. You will find that the staff can,t do enough to make your holiday a memerable one. My partener bought a blue and white diamond ring from John the jeweler in reception ( many thanks John ) so overall this hotel as far as i,m concerned very much lives up to the great reputation that they have.
Best wishes to Guitry, Sofia and your fabulous team from Chris and Ann

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa.

Thank you very much for sharing your compliments on our services and product with everyone on tripadvisor. The team and I truly apperciate your gesture.

Our heartfelt symphaties for the bereavement loss in your family back home while you had just begun your holiday. It was also unfortunate that two of your family had to cut short the vacation and rush back to the UK.

We do hope that all of us at The Heritage get another opportunity to serve you again whenever you travel next to Goa.

It wiil be my pleasure to share your feedback to the entire team and It is positive comments such as as yours which acts as a great souce of motivation to all of us.

Thank you once again and wish you a happy and healthy year ahead.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Well having been very apprehensive about visiting Goa for the first time, I needn't have worried. After a long flight my husband and I arrived at the hotel where we were welcomed with a beautiful drink, a cool flannel to refresh. The best thing was we could take a seat while our passports where checked and room details finalised - no queues, brilliant.

We had a room overlooking the pool (203) and, actually, everything. We particularly chose this hotel for the size which I loved as everything was in easy reach. This also made the stay very personal, you felt that all the staff knew you. Entertainment was good every night and always finished at 11, so not too late.

The bed chairs were of a very good standard by the pool. The area around the pool being grassed was a real bonus which was kept watered as well as the beautiful gardens. Another added bonus for me was there was no thumping music around the pool - just an oasis of relaxation and calm.

The food - well what can we say apart from wonderful. The restaurant offered a great variety. The two galas each week transformed the pool area into an open air restaurant, it was quite spectacular. The complimentary tickets to the Mango Terrace were fantastic, it was like entering another whole new world of food heaven.

The beach being a very short walk from the hotel was certainly worth a look and offered miles of good walks.

We hired one of the taxis outside the hotel for a tour of South Goa. A most wonderful and memorable day. We visited several places of interest and our driver, Anthony DeSilva, was superb giving us such local knowledge. Thank you again Anthony and also for the drive to the Airport.

I cannot find anything negative to say about our stay. The staff were attentive, polite and really could not do enough for you. We can certainly understand why so many of the guests were repeat visitors and I don't just mean a second or third time!

I felt extremely comfortable and at ease during the whole holiday whether in our resort or out and about. A truly magical and memorable holiday expericence.

7  Thank Toni S
Guitry_Velho, General Manager at Heritage Village Club Goa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Toni,

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at The Heritage Village Club on your recent holiday to Goa.

It was an absolute delight to have you with us.

We also deeply appreciate your gesture in taking time out and sharing such a detailed and gracious review on tripadvisor.

We are truly delighted to read your comments and know what a wonderful holiday you've had with us.

We thank you for your positive comments on our cuisine, services , accomodation , gardens and most of all our Team. Everyone joins me in saying "a big thank you."

We all look forward to your continued visits to Goa and hope for another opportunity to have you stay with us at The Heritage Village Club.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Just returned from an enjoyable holiday, it was a friends special birthday, the accommodation was satisfactory, with all the facilities, this was my first trip to goa. There was plenty of choice with regards to food ,catering for all tastes, lots prepared fresh food, I must admit for somewhere that grows bananas, mango etc, I thought there would be more fresh fruit. The curries were brilliant I tried so many new tastes.

The welcome on arrivial was lovely, welcomed with a bindi and cool flannels and a nice cool drink, The staff were brilliant, from reception, restaurant , pool, gardeners.I must add a story with regards to an enquiry of the name of a flower, I asked the gardener who was preparing the hotel reception flowers the name of a flower, he then contacted the head gardener who found out the name for me, nothing was too much trouble for any the staff The rooms were always spotless. The gardens were amazing and well tended a sea of colours and the scents amazing..

I treated myself to a few treatments from Irene at the beauty parlour a nice, head massage, pedicure etc., which was a nice treat, Irene was always helpful with advice..

The staff at restaurants were very helpful. Simon was lovely and Blaise from the mango.The mango is a nice restaurant a lovely treat, sitting outdoors with various music, with a wonderful varied menu.
There is an early morning yoga class outdoors in the surroundings near the mango restaurant, beautiful surroundings, coconut palms, by the magnolia tree, wonderful almost surreal, the yoga instructor is lovely.I lost the business card as I would like to keep in touch with regards to the yoga, I would appreciate if you would be able to forward on information please?

The trips I enjoyed soo much.The elephant and spice trail was amazing to see where cashew nuts, pineapples, cloves, coconuts, to name but a few, grow naturally, a snack on arrival, a lovely meal of various spices was prepared for us in natural plates amazing, the trip to ponda was brilliant, always something to see on the journey there, never a dull moment and to see the elephants, brilliant .The island cruise I thoroughly enjoyed, so simple but lovely, bogmaloo beach,
grande island travelling on the Arabian sea ,we were all given a line and bait to try your hand at catching a fish, I had no luck, but others were successful .A bonus we saw the dolphins, amazing, had the opportunity to snorkel to. Went on land and an amazing goan lunch was prepared for us, wonderful, for me a fantasic trip

I must state various holidaymakers will advice you on various trips, but unless you know the people in question and you know there likes ,dislikes tastes etc., I would suggest you do not heed the advice as I say different strokes for different folks?? You must go by your tastes and likes and what you enjoy.I am stating this as had I listened to strangers I would have missed out on what I thought was a very enjoyable trip .Choose , enjoy and make your own mind up on your personal goan tastes and choices.

It takes 10mins to walk to the beach, perhaps on your early morning walk you will see the school bus with lovely smiling children greeting you with a good morning, or peacocks, the two men carrying the huge block of ice on two poles to the shack, where, jack, tony and joseph are, the food there is good , so are the cocktails, to sit there and look out to the Arabian sea, wonderful.Brilliant to see the goan fisherman bringing in the nets filled with various fish for the local markets or repairing the nets.There ar lovely walks along the beach and towards colva.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lamulverston
Guitry_Velho, General Manager at Heritage Village Club Goa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!

It was a real pleasure to have you stay with us at The Heritage Village Club on your recent holiday to Goa.

Thank you very much for such wonderful and gracious feedback. Your detailed review on tripadvisor is highly appreciated by all of us at the resort.

I am very delighted to know that you found our services to your satisfaction. It is my team's and my utmost desire to ensure that our estemeed guests have memorable experiences to carry from Goa and The Heritage Village.

We are grateful for your appreciation of our team members , services, cuisine and facilities at the resort. Such wonderful comments from discerning guests such as you is truly motivating for the team and me.

I am also pleased to know that you went on so many trips and choose them from you own instinct and that is probably the best way to go about it.

I thank you once again and also look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back toThe Heritage Village on your next holiday to Goa.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

we had plan to stay here for three night, but extended our stay by one more night!! What a lovely place to be!! Excellent view, great room. We were in Design room overlooking a very clean and welcoming swimming pool. We had delicious food at a restaurant having a lovely ambiance.

The staff are fantastic and always greeted us each time we returned to the hotel. the day long entertainment was full of fun. For me and hubby it will be one of the most memorable stay. We will surely like to return one more time and this time with more family and friends

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Guitry_Velho, General Manager at Heritage Village Club Goa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Neha,

Greetings from Goa!!

We thank you for sharing your experience at The Heritage Village Club on tripadvisor.

Your positive observations with regards to our product, services , cuisine, accomodation is inspirational to all of us.

Our team were also delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

My team and I look forward to your return and hope to be your preferred resort whenever you travel to Goa.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Well I don,t know where to start,but having just returned on the 24th March,having had the most wonderful stay at Heritage villa Goa ,I just cant believe my luck on finding my idea of the perfect holiday ,My wife and I can honestly say that this resort and hotel exceeded all our expectations,the staff and management at the hotel were fabulous,food excellent ,nothing too much trouble and everybody so welcoming ,we have in fact already booked for next year,cant thank staff and of course management for making this holiday so special.xx Phill & Veronica S.Wales

Dear Phillip,

Warm greetings from all of us in Goa!!

We thank you for choosing The Heritage Village Club during your recent vacation to Goa and also for taking the time out to share such a lovely reveiw on tripadvisor.

I delighted to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us and found this vacation to be just perfect for you. The entire team is truly happy to read your lovely reveiw.

We are thankful for your appreciative comments on our team members, our cuisine, facilities and accomodation.

We most certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Heritage Village Club very soon on your next holiday to Goa.

The Heritage Village Club - Goa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cansaulim
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
#1 of 10 in Cavelossim
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
#5 of 10 in Cavelossim

Been to Heritage Village Club Goa? Share your experiences!